Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
From what our insiders who've seen the specs have said, then Len is way off.

Going by their excitement the tiers would be:
1. Class by itself, Super E+ (Super Headliner): RotR​
2. Super Es (Headliners): SWSR, MMRR, ToT​
3. Regular Es (Major Attractions): F!, Indy Stunt Show, RnRC, Star Tours​
4. Ds (Minor Attractions): the projections shows with their now greatly reduced fireworks, TSM, MV3D, Frozen Singalong, Ariel show, BatB show, Slinky​
5. Cs (Diversions): Launch Bay, M&Gs, Jedi Academy, Saucers, SW Stage Show, SW First Order March, WD Presents​

Of course, such divisions can get rather subjective whether something belongs one step up or down. Problem is that Len only has four levels above 'Diversions' and DHS is going to have a whole bunch of E-Ticket rides that invite further classification.
Spot on. In my simpleton mind, it sounds like this one will be Super Headliner when opened, but will likely fall to a Headliner when SW:GE opens shortly after.

Purduevian

4. Ds (Minor Attractions): the projections shows with their now greatly reduced fireworks, TSM, MV3D, Frozen Singalong, Ariel show, BatB show, Slinky​
5. Cs (Diversions): Launch Bay, M&Gs, Jedi Academy, Saucers, SW Stage Show, SW First Order March, WD Presents​

Of course, such divisions can get rather subjective whether something belongs one step up or down. Problem is that Len only has four levels above 'Diversions' and DHS is going to have a whole bunch of E-Ticket rides that invite further classification.

I wonder if we should start using F and G tickets instead of Super E and Super E+, after all Disneyland opened with A-D and added E later.

Marc Davis Fan

Based on this categorization, what else would be considered a "Super E+"? Would it only be Shanghai's Pirates of the Caribbean so far? I recall our insiders (I think it was Martin, but not sure) comparing RotR to PotC Shanghai in scale and spectacle. I had the good fortune to ride PotC Shanghai in 2016, and while it was indeed a spectacular attraction and a tremendous feat of Imagineering, I'm not certain that I would put in a "class by itself" (but again, that doesn't exclude it from being a wonderful attraction).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Based on this categorization, what else would be considered a "Super E+"? Would it only be Shanghai's Pirates of the Caribbean so far? I recall our insiders (I think it was Martin, but not sure) comparing RotR to PotC Shanghai in scale and spectacle. I had the good fortune to ride PotC Shanghai in 2016, and while it was indeed a spectacular attraction and a tremendous feat of Imagineering, I'm not certain that I would put in a "class by itself" (but again, that doesn't exclude it from being a wonderful attraction).

I would agree to that.

kurtk

It will be interesting to see if 2 of the new attractions live up to the hype above. Most people (myself included) seem to be looking forward to SWSR more than RotR. I know this is based on just rumors and the little that has been released from Disney but RotR is really going to have to be something to be rated that high. The show cars don't look that great and they don't look like they were made for speed or any fast motion. I know there will be life-sized AT AT's but how much of it is going to be projection screens. Will they have live cast members?

Likewise, the subject of this thread, MMRR doesn't seem to be on par with ToT. It looks fun but hard to believe it will be that great. This one is projections and screens screens.

I really do hope I am surprised and Disney ups the game that much.

999th Happy Haunt

While not quite as large in scale I think I’d place rides like Splash, Everest, Tower, IJA, and maybe even Pirates and Mansion in that category too. Just rides that tell a story great or have lager than life immersive set pieces.

jt04

It will be interesting to see if 2 of the new attractions live up to the hype above. Most people (myself included) seem to be looking forward to SWSR more than RotR. I know this is based on just rumors and the little that has been released from Disney but RotR is really going to have to be something to be rated that high. The show cars don't look that great and they don't look like they were made for speed or any fast motion. I know there will be life-sized AT AT's but how much of it is going to be projection screens. Will they have live cast members?

Likewise, the subject of this thread, MMRR doesn't seem to be on par with ToT. It looks fun but hard to believe it will be that great. This one is projections and screens screens.

I really do hope I am surprised and Disney ups the game that much.

MMRR seems more family targeted than Tower of Terror. Somewhat apples/oranges comparison.

doctornick

That’s because they weren’t.

Yeah, RotR seems like it will be awesome because of the scenery, effects, scale, etc. as opposed to the vehicle motion. Which IMHO is perfect -- Star Wars deserves a ride with less physical thrill and with huge spectacle and immersiveness. I'm really curious as to how long the ride will be given the very large show building, the fact that there will be two levels and with the fact that the vehicles probably won't be super fast moving (i.e. not a roller coaster zipping all around).

Winter

Which ride is ROTR and which one is SWSR? I didn’t look on here for a bit of time earlier last year, and apprantantly they must have announced the names of the rides without me noticing, so idk which is which.

NateD1226

Which ride is ROTR and which one is SWSR? I didn’t look on here for a bit of time earlier last year, and apprantantly they must have announced the names of the rides without me noticing, so idk which is which.
ROTR is Rise of the Resistance
(SW:GE First Order ride)
MFSR: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
(Millennium Falcon Ride)

EDIT: seems that MFSR would be better haha

Last edited:

kurtk

Yeah, RotR seems like it will be awesome because of the scenery, effects, scale, etc. as opposed to the vehicle motion. Which IMHO is perfect -- Star Wars deserves a ride with less physical thrill and with huge spectacle and immersiveness. I'm really curious as to how long the ride will be given the very large show building, the fact that there will be two levels and with the fact that the vehicles probably won't be super fast moving (i.e. not a roller coaster zipping all around).

That will have to be some pretty amazing scenery, effects, and scale to get rated that high. The best rides combine both like ToT or EE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom