Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

solidyne

You mean how every time MMRR is mentioned, someone says (again) that they hate the new Mickey-Shorts Mickey and it then an argument ensues?

No, not as bad as AC, because with AC, randos continually show up to ask about it. With this, it only rears its head whenever there's MMRR info.
What's AC, dare I ask....

Goofyernmost

What's AC, dare I ask....
Air Conditioning... Refer to Gondola Thread
What's this? I might want one.
Pal Mickey?... I'm not exactly sure what it did, but, it was a programmed stuffed Mickey that reacted at different places by vibrating and speaking, I think, about the attraction it was near. Someone with a first hand knowledge of it will probably jump in and explain it better.

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

66712DDF-0BE9-4C1A-96A4-2DDB37ADFA88.jpeg

GlacierGlacier

Pal Mickey?... I'm not exactly sure what it did, but, it was a programmed stuffed Mickey that reacted at different places by vibrating and speaking, I think, about the attraction it was near. Someone with a first hand knowledge of it will probably jump in and explain it better.
Pal Mickey ran off of a system where points throughout the park would broadcast park news using IR or similar technology. The nose on the mickey would read the signals and inform the family carrying it that it had news through laughing, shaking, and saying "oh, gosh!" Pressing Mickey's hand would have him say the information, such as "Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin has a very short wait! Ha Ha!" If it didn't have any news, it'd play trivia games or tell jokes, with one input on its chest and one on it's hand for the games.

The system was shut down in 2014, rendering all Pal Mickeys non-functional, outside of the games and trivia.

Some further history was present with the project, but that's what I remember from my childhood and a bit of Wikipedia I'm remembering from a few weeks back.

Fantasmicguy

I too when I first imagined this attraction thought of a boat ride through Mickey scenes through the ages.

But that’s very corporate comfort food attraction design. This is different and I’d rather WDI be encouraged to do different sometimes.

As far as Steamboat Mickey and Sorcerer Mickey goes... isn’t that kind of the whole hook of Fantasmic? Maybe the real issue is they should improve Florida’s Fantasmic if people aren’t getting enough of that. I don’t know if a Mickey attraction could be as impressive to me as sitting on the banks of Rivers of America and watching Mickey fold the show in and out like magic.
We definitely need a Fantasmic update for certain.

Goofyernmost

Pal Mickey ran off of a system where points throughout the park would broadcast park news using IR or similar technology. The nose on the mickey would read the signals and inform the family carrying it that it had news through laughing, shaking, and saying "oh, gosh!" Pressing Mickey's hand would have him say the information, such as "Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin has a very short wait! Ha Ha!" If it didn't have any news, it'd play trivia games or tell jokes, with one input on its chest and one on it's hand for the games.

The system was shut down in 2014, rendering all Pal Mickeys non-functional, outside of the games and trivia.

Some further history was present with the project, but that's what I remember from my childhood and a bit of Wikipedia I'm remembering from a few weeks back.
Thank you for clarifying. I thought it was something like that, but, just wasn't sure.

solidyne

Thank you both!

ChrisE405

I’m sure it’s here somewhere, but what’s the word on the ride system for this attraction? I’ve read that’ll it’ll be a completely new ride system with 4 cars holding 4 guests each that disconnect from one another at different points in the ride and the subsequently read they are reusing the GMR vehicles (still disconnecting from one another at various points). Do we know the verdict?

Rteetz

I’m sure it’s here somewhere, but what’s the word on the ride system for this attraction? I’ve read that’ll it’ll be a completely new ride system with 4 cars holding 4 guests each that disconnect from one another at different points in the ride and the subsequently read they are reusing the GMR vehicles (still disconnecting from one another at various points). Do we know the verdict?
Trackless LPS

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks for the clarification! Glad they are not reusing the same system and that we are getting a completely new ride!
It’s the same system as Battle Escape, Rat, Honey Hunt and Mystic Manor. And Antarctica.

All of which were a development from Florida’s Tower, which was a development from the original Energy pavilion. GMR was a spin off from Energy, so in a way the Mickey ride has gone full circle.

They really just wanted the flat floor that LPS needs.

RIP GMR.

TP2000

It’s the same system as Battle Escape, Rat, Honey Hunt and Mystic Manor. And Antarctica.

All of which were a development from Florida’s Tower, which was a development from the original Energy pavilion. GMR was a spin off from Energy, so in a way the Mickey ride has gone full circle.

They really just wanted the flat floor that LPS needs.

RIP GMR.

Where does Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters fall in there? It's just a cute little outdoor C Ticket spinner, but I never tire (get it?) of marveling how all of those wireless/trackless vehicles move around that dancefloor for 15 hours per day.

IMDREW

They have advanced the ride vehicles for battle escape right? @marni1971 I mean, I felt a big let down of the ratatouille ride was that the vehicles couldn’t tilt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom