Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

EricsBiscuit

There's been talk of the ride not using the whole of the building. Could this leftover space be used for an exit shop as this ride seems ripe for pushing plush sales? And if so, could this ride feature a completely separate load/unload area?
Think an insider said no gift shop.

sedati

Think an insider said no gift shop.
Did a search and Magic Feather said: "No gift shop in old ride space."
I'll honestly be baffled if this doesn't get one. Perhaps they'll extend out by the left of the facade and put one in as an addition to the building. If themed, it could cover up the bland sound stage building behind it.

GlacierGlacier

Did a search and Magic Feather said: "No gift shop in old ride space."
I'll honestly be baffled if this doesn't get one. Perhaps they'll extend out by the left of the facade and put one in as an addition to the building. If themed, it could cover up the bland sound stage building behind it.
The presentation at D23 felt like they wanted to emphasize the 'Classic Style' attraction. The way the emphasize the Non-IP (kinda) aspect, the Catchy Theme, and the groundbreaking effects make me think they want this to be a classier disney ride. I'd be suprised if they had a gift shop.

ToTBellHop

The presentation at D23 felt like they wanted to emphasize the 'Classic Style' attraction. The way the emphasize the Non-IP (kinda) aspect, the Catchy Theme, and the groundbreaking effects make me think they want this to be a classier disney ride. I'd be suprised if they had a gift shop.
I’m sure there will be merch. It’s easy enough to sell some shirts outside.

sedati

I don't hold the stigma against gift shops that others have. I don't think it makes a ride less classy, especially if it's tied to something for which there is already a wealth of merchandise, and even more-so if it means there's not going to be a sponsor. I'd rather exit through a sea of Mickey and Minnie plush that I can just as easily walk by than enter under a marquee that proclaims "Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, Presented By: Huggies Diapers." The unavoidable stroller parking lot outside of any attraction kind of kills whatever class you're perceiving anyway. Long before Pirates had a movie franchise, it always emptied into a gift shop and I never thought any less of it. Just got to see Memento Mori, and honestly I wish they'd had that from the outset.

Movielover

If M&MRR doesn't have an attached gift shop, is there any place in WDW that you can get Mickey or Minnie merchandise?

I think you're all out of luck mate... I hear that all the stores are only going to sell are Goofy and Pluto merchandise. Its all part of the secret agenda to turn WDW into a dogs only resort. It's already started with the hotels, soon it will spread to the parks!!!!!!!

#Illuminaticonfirm

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There's been talk of the ride not using the whole of the building. Could this leftover space be used for an exit shop as this ride seems ripe for pushing plush sales? And if so, could this ride feature a completely separate load/unload area?
Any leftover space would not be suitable for using.

Separate load and unload are already planned.

Kman101

Will DHS get to at least open THIS ride before Disneyland? LOL (I'm just being sarcastic ... mostly)

When are they getting Runaway Railway? I did read the thread in the Disneyland forum and I don't know if any timeframes were posted.

Really wish this would stay unique to DHS :(

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Will DHS get to at least open THIS ride before Disneyland? LOL (I'm just being sarcastic ... mostly)

When are they getting Runaway Railway? I did read the thread in the Disneyland forum and I don't know if any timeframes were posted.

Really wish this would stay unique to DHS :(

Just a rumor at this point. Insiders divided over where it's going. So, no timeline yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom