Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

PorterRedkey

The reason I even suggested the Toy Soldier Parachute Drop was to give children who are not tall enough to ride ToT an option for a ride experience that they would not be able to have. Also it would be a nice and different ride experience for Toy Story Land helping to break up the lines at the other popular attraction in the land.
As for the small rollercoaster known as Temple of Peril/ Roaring Spirits - Its another D/E attraction that is easily themed and known in two parks to aid in helping Indy's story which could help for a land. Also it doesnt take up to much room, is easily themed/ renamed to fit a story and looks kinda fun.

There is no universe where Temple of Peril is an E-Ticket, I would argue it is not even a D. If you haven't ridden it, think Goofy's sky school at DCA with a loop and better theming.

PorterRedkey

Would it be like the jellyfish ride at DCA? If so, I'd say that'd be a waste of time. That ride is pretty much dead all the time.
I think Parachute drop may be slightly taller. The drop is definitely more thrilling. It was almost too much for my wife who hates drops and still refuses to ride ToT.

She thought the Jellyfish drop ride was mildly fun, and peaceful.

PorterRedkey

I think Parachute drop may be slightly taller. The drop is definitely more thrilling. It was almost too much for my wife who hates drops and still refuses to ride ToT.

She thought the Jellyfish drop ride was mildly fun, and peaceful.
So I checked, and Parachute drop is 82-foot drop and Jellyfish is only a 40-foot drop, so PD is twice as high.

The reason I even suggested the Toy Soldier Parachute Drop was to give children who are not tall enough to ride ToT an option for a ride experience that they would not be able to have. Also it would be a nice and different ride experience for Toy Story Land helping to break up the lines at the other popular attraction in the land.
As for the small rollercoaster known as Temple of Peril/ Roaring Spirits - Its another D/E attraction that is easily themed and known in two parks to aid in helping Indy's story which could help for a land. Also it doesnt take up to much room, is easily themed/ renamed to fit a story and looks kinda fun.

The strange thing is in Paris the taller, more thrilling attraction has an 81cm (31inches) height requirement. In America, the half-as-tall, less thrilling Jellyfish Drop has a 102cm (40 inches).

So with that info, we can figure the Parachute drop in the USA will have at least the same requirement as the milder Jellyfish drop at 40 inches. Can you guess what the height requirement is for ToT? It's 40 inches. The same as it would be for the Parachute drop, so it doesn't help kids who cannot ride ToT.

I don't mean to pick on you, but I think the point is worth making. Toy Story land needed more than it got, Parachute drop is not the answer.

PorterRedkey

I've heard anywhere between 5 and 7 minutes so far. Probably depending on if you count pre-show.
I know Disney counts the pre-show as part of the ride, I don’t. Part of the experience, sure. I believe that in most cases, a ride doesn’t start until you start moving (aka riding).

That said, I have heard between 5-8 mins for the actual ride. I am setting my expectation on the lower end.
One thing we know is that it will not be 22 minutes long like the ride it replaced. 😢

rle4lunch

I know Disney counts the pre-show as part of the ride, I don’t. Part of the experience, sure. I believe that in most cases, a ride doesn’t start until you start moving (aka riding).

That said, I have heard between 5-8 mins for the actual ride. I am setting my expectation on the lower end.
One thing we know is that it will not be 22 minutes long like the ride it replaced. 😢

I dunno, I think 5-8 minutes is pretty good. At least it won't be a let down like riding DL's POTC then riding MK's version. MK's is the cliff notes version of the real thing. Same for IASW. :confused:

TBrass84

I was thinking that when they first announced this, it had opening date of Summer 2019, and has since been listed as Fall 2019. Any chance at all it would open early? We are going August 1-5 this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom