Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Phicinfan

I would assume most of it is cost. With all the $$$ already being spent on adding to the parks(yes I know it was needed, and its their own fault...), plus the money soon to be tied up in the Fox acquisition, I would think there will be even stiffer talks to get more $$$ added to US parks for a bit.

fradz

There are proposals but nothing green lit so far as I know.
Based on what you've heard, would the SW:GE 3rd attraction be the next addition or is there something else in mind? (namely something to occupy that Sunset Market Ranch spot, for example)

fradz

I’ve heard nothing about a future SWL 3rd attraction.
Thanks! Interesting, sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm not always following all posts around here, but didn't you say there was an expansion plot between SWGE and GMR?

If I paraphrase what you're saying here, I understand that this is not in the plans for, at least, the next step after whatever was announced open; but there is space, should they want to use it later on.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks! Interesting, sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm not always following all posts around here, but didn't you say there was an expansion plot between SWGE and GMR?

If I paraphrase what you're saying here, I understand that this is not in the plans for, at least, the next step after whatever was announced open; but there is space, should they want to use it later on.
Yes, there’s space. What it’ll be used for I don’t know. Could be bathrooms (huge ones)

Missing20K

That, and the fact had GMR stayed it would have needed major investment by now.

Any chance they've learned a lesson here?

Isn't there anyone in any meeting anywhere, showing how continuous maintenance, upkeep, and refurbishments is far less expensive than letting something rot to the point of needing full replacement? Not too mention it's better show.

ppete1975

there are lots of expansion plots (cough world showcase) that doesn't mean we will ever get anything there :)

britain

Yes, there’s space. What it’ll be used for I don’t know. Could be bathrooms (huge ones)

Ha! I’m assuming it is set aside for a legitimate attraction, but no one is really planning anything for the space in the short term. Better to give SWGE 3-5 years of operation to evaluate what the land needs (if anything) before planning any addition.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes, but elsewhere in the park. Not in GE.

I would argue both.

Is there going to be enough to do in GE apart from the two rides? There’s a market place (shopping), QS and a TS too(?). Just how big is that space going to feel?

If I think back to when Hogsmeade opened at IOA, each one of those shops was worth a visit inside, with outdoor entertainment going on too. Not to mention a pretty impressive Hogwarts to admire. And all in a decent sized area.

Has GE got enough to attract and then keep the attention of people even if they couldn’t get an FP for either ride? I think they could be missing a trick here, unless there’s a whole lot of the interactive stuff going on. It all seems to be clustered round the one “Hub” which will get very crowded.

I hope there’s enough by way of pathways around the land to at least disperse bodies about a bit.

cheezbat

Yes, but elsewhere in the park. Not in GE.
Eh, I don’t much care for Star Wars, but depending on how crazy the crowds get, it may need a third attraction.
That being said, I truly believe about three more high capacity rides spread out in the park would do wonders to help this park. Give us that Indy Shanghai pirates style boat ride. Give us the proposed indoor Radiator Springs Racers ride. Give us a large omnimover...something...anything to relieve the crowds that will descend upon the park.

DisneyOutsider

reasons or spiteful contrarian?

No spite... but typically the appetite for creativity in communities like this is VERY, VERY conservative, and I hate it. As much as people root for new experiences, anything that challenges their nostalgia gets met with a collective gag. It stifles creativity honestly.

I enjoy seeing risks being taken. Shift the perspective and view it from a different angle. Show me something different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom