Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

luther10

I just walked off back car so now the only one I’m missing is car 1 and I actually really enjoyed 4. The only room that feels a bit short is the room leading into the waterfall but that’s made up with a long view of the under the sea room right after. You also get an abbreviated Daisy room which if anything I think is overall too long. I don’t need to conga 5 times to get the idea.

I also liked being the first car headed toward the smasher as well as a nice long view of Mickey and friends at the end. Everyone is going to have their own preference for certain tracks, just like Rise
Yep, 4th car is actually pretty decent...

When it comes to the worst experience, it's definitely the 2nd car... It wins by a mile... It's the first car leaving both the wild west and the tornado room, the car is out of those rooms before the action is over. It's also the first car leaving the underwater scene, so you are flushed away before the octoplus plays it's trumpet.

2nd car is also the first heading into Daisy's room, so it has to wait ~15 seconds for all the other cars to arrive... Last car through the transition area, and it misses all the animation at the windows... Last car into the boiler room and first car to leave, in order to see what's going on at the crusher, riders need to bring their own binoculars... First car into the last garden area, and by the time Mickey and Minnie starts singing, you are already looking their side profiles and about to exit the area...

disneygeek90

Yep, 4th car is actually pretty decent...

When it comes to the worst experience, it's definitely the 2nd car... It wins by a mile... It's the first car leaving both the wild west and the tornado room, the car is out of those rooms before the action is over. It's also the first car leaving the underwater scene, so you are flushed away before the octoplus plays it's trumpet.

2nd car is also the first heading into Daisy's room, so it has to wait ~15 seconds for all the other cars to arrive... Last car through the transition area, and it misses all the animation at the windows... Last car into the boiler room and first car to leave, in order to see what's going on at the crusher, riders need to bring their own binoculars... First car into the last garden area, and by the time Mickey and Minnie starts singing, you are already looking their side profiles and about to exit the area...
Yeah you pretty much nailed it. Like I said I haven't been on car 1 yet, but I'd agree 2nd car is my least favorite right now. Too long in Daisy room, too short at the end.

No Name

Same thing I posted in the DL thread:

As someone who rode it in person and hasn’t watched it on YouTube, I’ll give my thoughts, containing spoilers.

. . .

It’s a solid ride. We started as the first car, which ends as the third car, which is pretty neat. The preshow effect is very impressive and the best part of the entire experience, for better or for worse. The train station queue is charming. The train cars separating from goofy is somewhat unexpected and caused my girlfriend to fall onto me. It’s one loose lap bar for everyone in the row, so the train car separation and conga line parts of the ride are surprisingly intense movement-wise. Exiting out the screen and through a similar-looking preshow theater was a great touch. Finally, goofy being unaware that we were ever gone is a great story decision.

The whole ride is cheesy, but the tornado room is extra cheesy, again, for better or for worse. Regardless, it’s a relatively slow and bare room that could use more visuals. Daisy’s dance studio is another room that doesn’t fit the style or pacing of the rest of the ride. Finally, how Mickey and/or Minnie save us in the end was completely lost on me. We’re in danger, and then suddenly we’re not. I assume they stopped the chomper thing somehow, but I did not see it or anything. That, I would say, is the biggest issue.

Overall, it’s a satisfying attraction. In my opinion, the premise fits the center of DHS very well, and the ride style will fit in Fantasyland/Toontown very well. It’s a solid replacement for the great movie ride and will be a fantastic addition to DL.

If you have any questions please do ask.

Giss Neric

His enunciation could be better, but otherwise a very good video:

Just so you know, that channel uses Disney for views. You would always see him trash Disney in the comments of every Disney related video, but then you would see him upload a video about a Disney ride cause he knows it gets views. Kinda fake if you asked me.

CraftyFox

1AB59635-83C2-41C2-9ED6-434D6DE53D03.jpeg

I just realized that the Lincoln reference is situated directly next to the shooting gallery in the Carnival room...

The Grand Inquisitor

While I have thoughts on this ride (M&MRR ought to be compared to Frozen, GMR ought to be compared to RotR, M&MRR and GMR should NOT be compared to each other), the thing I most want to talk about is Chuuby.

What a disgusting merchandise grab. One of the key aspects in Disney storytelling is that each character serves the plot in a key moment, or else they get cut. Pocahontas originally had several more animal friends, but they were cut because they were not necessary. Olaf justifies his existence by reminding Anna and Elsa how close they once were, as a manifestation of their love. Madame Leota performs the seance necessary for us to see the spirits throughout the remainder of the attraction. Chuuby... does nothing. The squid is more interesting, more funny, and serves a pseudo-purpose of at least offering a laugh.

In my mind, I see a celebration in 25 years of Chuuby as an “original character”, where he will be released in blind pin bags mixed in with Figment, the Tiki Birds, and R-5. Already there are cross-body bags celebrating this character... and frankly I find it disgusting.

It’s a gross grab at repeating the Orange Bird sensation with exactly NONE of the nostalgia and none of the history, lore, or even IMHO iconic design.

Is my head up my you-know-where, or does anybody actually care anything about the Times Square costume style ripoff of Orange Bird?
I would love to see a plush of the squid! Everyone would buy one! I'm surprised Disney did not think of it. I know Bob Chapek will get on it ;)

Last edited:

The Grand Inquisitor

Source: Happy Place Explorers

I saw this and had to share. This is a very good breakdown of the attraction featuring the B Storyline, the unsung hero of the Runaway Railway Pluto!

It’s also a decent breakdown of the attraction as a whole.

Wow that's really cool! This ride is truly amazing. It's one of the best rides Disney has ever made hands down.

Fox&Hound

We just rode Mickey for the first time after avoiding all spoilers and it was ADORABLE. A few thoughts: (possible spoilers below)

-I really loved hearing Goofy give the safety spiel before you board the ride vehicles. Just like Slinky dog it sets the stage perfectly before you board.
-Loved the bright colors throughout
-Yes, tons of Chupie (spelling?) birds at the store as merchandise, but I didn't fee like he had a big part of the ride, so I was surprised to see him on so much merch.
-Agree that the ride vehicles should spin or go around the tornado.
-Loved the waterfall effect- very successful.
- My only complaint: no one in my party enjoyed the projected faces for Mickey and Minnie. Kinda creepy and stretched out awkwardly.
-Love the new Mickey shorts and that Mickey and Minnie and more than just smiling mascots. It really works as a ride!!!
-As a fan of the GMR, I have to admit it had grown stale and having a family-friendly ride that kids are interested in riding at the heart of the park is a game changer. Between this and Star Wars Land (wow) this park is easily #2 behind MK for us. Still wish there were more rides for the toddler set but I digress..

Loooooooved this ride :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom