Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

Markiewong

Lightening things up, it does appear that there’s a groove running along further back for the purpose of running the car - starts on the left and continues into the shadows and leads directly under the car:

View attachment 455326

I can’t think of any circumstance where running a setpiece like this - with animatronics on it - would actively benefit from being trackless, especially since that isn’t perceptible to guests, but I can think of about 30 really good reasons it wouldn’t be.

If it were actually trackless I have a feeling they’d make a point of showing that off.
It is definitely not trackless, you can clearly see the sloth in the original construction picture we got from this showpiece.

disneygeek90

Premium Member
I just walked off back car so now the only one I’m missing is car 1 and I actually really enjoyed 4. The only room that feels a bit short is the room leading into the waterfall but that’s made up with a long view of the under the sea room right after. You also get an abbreviated Daisy room which if anything I think is overall too long. I don’t need to conga 5 times to get the idea.

I also liked being the first car headed toward the smasher as well as a nice long view of Mickey and friends at the end. Everyone is going to have their own preference for certain tracks, just like Rise

luther10

I just walked off back car so now the only one I’m missing is car 1 and I actually really enjoyed 4. The only room that feels a bit short is the room leading into the waterfall but that’s made up with a long view of the under the sea room right after. You also get an abbreviated Daisy room which if anything I think is overall too long. I don’t need to conga 5 times to get the idea.

I also liked being the first car headed toward the smasher as well as a nice long view of Mickey and friends at the end. Everyone is going to have their own preference for certain tracks, just like Rise
Yep, 4th car is actually pretty decent...

When it comes to the worst experience, it's definitely the 2nd car... It wins by a mile... It's the first car leaving both the wild west and the tornado room, the car is out of those rooms before the action is over. It's also the first car leaving the underwater scene, so you are flushed away before the octoplus plays it's trumpet.

2nd car is also the first heading into Daisy's room, so it has to wait ~15 seconds for all the other cars to arrive... Last car through the transition area, and it misses all the animation at the windows... Last car into the boiler room and first car to leave, in order to see what's going on at the crusher, riders need to bring their own binoculars... First car into the last garden area, and by the time Mickey and Minnie starts singing, you are already looking their side profiles and about to exit the area...

disneygeek90

Premium Member
Yep, 4th car is actually pretty decent...

When it comes to the worst experience, it's definitely the 2nd car... It wins by a mile... It's the first car leaving both the wild west and the tornado room, the car is out of those rooms before the action is over. It's also the first car leaving the underwater scene, so you are flushed away before the octoplus plays it's trumpet.

2nd car is also the first heading into Daisy's room, so it has to wait ~15 seconds for all the other cars to arrive... Last car through the transition area, and it misses all the animation at the windows... Last car into the boiler room and first car to leave, in order to see what's going on at the crusher, riders need to bring their own binoculars... First car into the last garden area, and by the time Mickey and Minnie starts singing, you are already looking their side profiles and about to exit the area...
Yeah you pretty much nailed it. Like I said I haven't been on car 1 yet, but I'd agree 2nd car is my least favorite right now. Too long in Daisy room, too short at the end.

egg

Same thing I posted in the DL thread:

As someone who rode it in person and hasn’t watched it on YouTube, I’ll give my thoughts, containing spoilers.

. . .

It’s a solid ride. We started as the first car, which ends as the third car, which is pretty neat. The preshow effect is very impressive and the best part of the entire experience, for better or for worse. The train station queue is charming. The train cars separating from goofy is somewhat unexpected and caused my girlfriend to fall onto me. It’s one loose lap bar for everyone in the row, so the train car separation and conga line parts of the ride are surprisingly intense movement-wise. Exiting out the screen and through a similar-looking preshow theater was a great touch. Finally, goofy being unaware that we were ever gone is a great story decision.

The whole ride is cheesy, but the tornado room is extra cheesy, again, for better or for worse. Regardless, it’s a relatively slow and bare room that could use more visuals. Daisy’s dance studio is another room that doesn’t fit the style or pacing of the rest of the ride. Finally, how Mickey and/or Minnie save us in the end was completely lost on me. We’re in danger, and then suddenly we’re not. I assume they stopped the chomper thing somehow, but I did not see it or anything. That, I would say, is the biggest issue.

Overall, it’s a satisfying attraction. In my opinion, the premise fits the center of DHS very well, and the ride style will fit in Fantasyland/Toontown very well. It’s a solid replacement for the great movie ride and will be a fantastic addition to DL.

If you have any questions please do ask.

Giss Neric

His enunciation could be better, but otherwise a very good video:

Just so you know, that channel uses Disney for views. You would always see him trash Disney in the comments of every Disney related video, but then you would see him upload a video about a Disney ride cause he knows it gets views. Kinda fake if you asked me.

DisneyExpert

Just so you know, that channel uses Disney for views. You would always see him trash Disney in the comments of every Disney related video, but then you would see him upload a video about a Disney ride cause he knows it gets views. Kinda fake if you asked me.
Sometimes his info isn't very solid either. His video for RotR had a few errors.

Top Bottom