Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

TrojanUSC

Or do any spins. I would think with the twister scene and the dance studio, at least one spin would be thrown in.

In general I thought the vehicle movement on this attraction was one of the biggest weak points. Daisy's Conga was too jarring and irritating, while the tornado scene was truly underwhelming. They also could have done much more with the train breaking apart, right now it seems anti-climactic, when I had anticipated it seeming a little more of a plot point.

Tom Morrow

Upon closer inspection I see two grates, one for each tire. I thought the further grate was a track slot. The grates appear to be slotted though.

Tom Morrow

Might have already been posted but this video shows a POV from all 4 cars at the same time:

This video makes it pretty clear how the 4th car gets somewhat shafted.

The first car misses the tail end of the canyon scene. After the carnival scene it is switched to the third position. The 2nd car takes the 1st position and the 3rd car takes the 2nd position. The 4th car, however, remains in the 4th position the entire time. So the other three cars get an equal balance, but the 4th car:
- rushes through the canyon scene
- misses most of the pre-tornado animation in the carnival scene
- doesn't see the island scene at all before the volcano erupts
- is the first to leave the dance scene so spends the least time dancing
- is facing a wall during the factory scene.

The only positive the 4th car gets is you see the post-factory scene for longer, while the 2nd car, now in the first position, leave sit almost immediately.

I believe this is because ADA guests are loaded at unload into the 4th car and it needs to return to that spot, but the 4th car's ride experience does feel like an afterthought, and this seems like something that should be addressed. It's not enough to ruin the ride but it's enough that I'll request to not sit in the 4th car if I can.

It seems to be: 1st>3rd>2nd>4th in order of preference.

yensidtlaw1969

Yeah, I honestly can't figure it out. It really appears to be trackless to me (which makes sense, given the movements that it's able to do); but I'm not sure what the grates are for.
Lightening things up, it does appear that there’s a groove running along further back for the purpose of running the car - starts on the left and continues into the shadows and leads directly under the car:

44B91E22-FD30-45AF-8848-DB97EE5491C1.jpeg

I can’t think of any circumstance where running a setpiece like this - with animatronics on it - would actively benefit from being trackless, especially since that isn’t perceptible to guests, but I can think of about 30 really good reasons it wouldn’t be.

If it were actually trackless I have a feeling they’d make a point of showing that off.

Tom Morrow

Is it possible for them to rid of the fourth car? So basically only 3 cars per dispatch/train. Yes it would decrease the pph, but it would go a long way it seems since the 4th car always gets shafted in the end.
A better solution would be to swap the order up more than once to even things out, though again the fourth car has to return to the fourth spot for ADA guests. An alternative would be to add in things that the fourth car sees that the first ones don't.

Markiewong

Lightening things up, it does appear that there’s a groove running along further back for the purpose of running the car - starts on the left and continues into the shadows and leads directly under the car:

View attachment 455326

I can’t think of any circumstance where running a setpiece like this - with animatronics on it - would actively benefit from being trackless, especially since that isn’t perceptible to guests, but I can think of about 30 really good reasons it wouldn’t be.

If it were actually trackless I have a feeling they’d make a point of showing that off.
It is definitely not trackless, you can clearly see the sloth in the original construction picture we got from this showpiece.
Hollywood-Studios-Mickey-and-Minnies-Runaway-Railway-700x466.jpg

disneygeek90

I just walked off back car so now the only one I’m missing is car 1 and I actually really enjoyed 4. The only room that feels a bit short is the room leading into the waterfall but that’s made up with a long view of the under the sea room right after. You also get an abbreviated Daisy room which if anything I think is overall too long. I don’t need to conga 5 times to get the idea.

I also liked being the first car headed toward the smasher as well as a nice long view of Mickey and friends at the end. Everyone is going to have their own preference for certain tracks, just like Rise

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom