Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

SplashJacket

Ride looks like a lot of fun and is visually impressive. They really nailed the whole stepping into a cartoon thing. Love the use of color. The city scene is amazing and has a lot of depth. With that said, now that I’ve experienced ROTR and seen a ride through of MMRR, if you gave me the choice of a Frozen boat ride of a trackless Frozen ride for DLR I’d go with the latter. Even if its a clone from Epcot. The big open spaces and empty rooms don’t do it for me. Trackless vehicles neither provide the thrill and/or the intimacy I seek in an attraction. They require too much space for little payoff.

To ease any possible confusion, I believe you used latter incorrectly, as you said you would prefer a trackless Frozen ride (latter) then said how you do not like trackless rides.

I don't think the comparisons you cited are valid. Trackless rides can be designed in infinitely many ways, they can include a sense of intimacy, as seen in MM. Trackless rides have fewer constraints compared to traditional attraction technology. One of the biggest perks of the technology is seamlessly integrating ride vehicles in a large space (i.e. a ballroom or colossal star destroyer.) I definitely agree that the technology does not lend itself to everything, but I firmly disagree that a poorly executed C-Ticket boat ride is superior to any product with a specific technology.

mickEblu

To ease any possible confusion, I believe you used latter incorrectly, as you said you would prefer a trackless Frozen ride (latter) then said how you do not like trackless rides.

I don't think the comparisons you cited are valid. Trackless rides can be designed in infinitely many ways, they can include a sense of intimacy, as seen in MM. Trackless rides have fewer constraints compared to traditional attraction technology. One of the biggest perks of the technology is seamlessly integrating ride vehicles in a large space (i.e. a ballroom or colossal star destroyer.) I definitely agree that the technology does not lend itself to everything, but I firmly disagree that a poorly executed C-Ticket boat ride is superior to any product with a specific technology.

Thanks - fixed that.

The ballroom is my least favorite scene as it just feels big, bare and boring. So having the capability to have mini Luigi Roadsters for a few seconds isn’t worth the cost of having large bare rooms like the carnival, stampede, Dance studio or the inexplicably bare smaller tornado scene. As you said, they can probably design their way around these issues but the fact is that they didn’t with the exception of a few scenes so based off what I’ve seen, I’d prefer a more intimate Frozen boat ride with a backwards drop than the question mark Of what a Frozen trackless ride would look like. I think the trade off would be more worth it if the vehicles were doing more like aggressively tipping forward in the waterfall scene etc.

TBH Mystic Manor looks kind of boring to me on video but to your point does look more intimate than the domestic trackless rides. Hunny Hunt on the other hand looks great but that’s the OLC and you know how that goes.

Markiewong

Thanks - fixed that.

The ballroom is my least favorite scene as it just feels big, bare and boring. So having the capability to have mini Luigi Roadsters for a few seconds isn’t worth the cost of having large bare rooms like the carnival, stampede, Dance studio or the inexplicably bare smaller tornado scene. As you said, they can probably design their way around these issues but the fact is that they didn’t with the exception of a few scenes so based off what I’ve seen, I’d prefer a more intimate Frozen boat ride with a backwards drop than the question mark Of what a Frozen trackless ride would look like. I think the trade off would be more worth it if the vehicles were doing more like aggressively tipping forward in the waterfall scene etc.

TBH Mystic Manor looks kind of boring to me on video but to your point does look more intimate than the domestic trackless rides. Hunny Hunt on the other hand looks great but that’s the OLC and you know how that goes.
Just out of curiosity, have u ever seen an onride of Symbolica? A trackless darkride which is pretty much through only small and intimate scenes, while still using the tricks of trackless vehicles.

SplashJacket

Thanks - fixed that.

By ballroom, I meant the one that will be in trackless Beauty and the Beast ride in Tokyo. I didn't even know there was a ballroom in MMRR. I haven't watched a POV yet because I want to ride it first.

mickEblu

Just out of curiosity, have u ever seen an onride of Symbolica? A trackless darkride which is pretty much through only small and intimate scenes, while still using the tricks of trackless vehicles.

I think I saw a POV a few years ago. I’ll take another look.

lazyboy97o

What is amazing about Symbolica is that it is not even a true trackless system. It uses ETF's Multi Mover ride system which utilizes guide wires embedded in the floor.

DisAl

I detest the new style characters. Mickey and Minnie look like cheap imitations done by a pre-school class of the traditional characters (like you see on the current Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or the old Fantasia). I see that on a lot of the newly produced animation and as far as I am concerned it is just another cheapening of the quality of the Disney experience.

The Grand Inquisitor

Thanks - fixed that.

Personally I would love to see Hunny Hunt replace Disney World's current Pooh ride.

mickEblu

That's fantastic! How could anyone not like this ride?

I love the nighttime Picnic room and the choir singing along with the theme song finale. In fact, I can’t get that Theme song out of my head. I wake up humming it every morning. It doesn’t help that I showed a ride through to my son and he has me play it for him at least 4 times back to back, every time. He’s in for a rude awakening next time we go to DL and he asks to go on Goofys train.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Apologies if this has been posted before. In this video, Bill Farmer (voice of Goofy) talks about the attraction and he mentions that there are easter eggs that don't happen all the time. He says:

Bill Farmer said:
There, as I understand it, there are some, like, what they call easter eggs to look for. There are things that don't happen all the time. As a matter of fact, there's one ... and I think it's like ... someone was telling me ... the loch ness monster even appears, but only once like every six weeks. [...] And I think there are some more things that happen not on a regular basis. And so every time you go on it, it's a little bit different.

The relevant part about the easter eggs starts around 11:50. It's worth watching the whole interview, as imagineer Kevin Rafferty also appears, and Bill Farmer does some fun Goofy voices, including "Potatoland" at 5:10:

The Grand Inquisitor

I love the nighttime Picnic room and the choir singing along with the theme song finale. In fact, I can’t get that Theme song out of my head. I wake up humming it every morning. It doesn’t help that I showed a ride through to my son and he has me play it for him at least 4 times back to back, every time. He’s in for a rude awakening next time we go to DL and he asks to go on Goofys train.
I agree nothing can stop us now is so catchy!

disneygeek90

I’m curious about the Pluto B plot. 3 times in now (2 on the 2nd car, 1 on 3rd) and I have yet to really notice Pluto at all aside from in the tornado and at the end. What am I missing? Not sure if it has to do with my car position.

gerarar

Premium Member
I’m curious about the Pluto B plot. 3 times in now (2 on the 2nd car, 1 on 3rd) and I have yet to really notice Pluto at all aside from in the tornado and at the end. What am I missing? Not sure if it has to do with my car position.
I know he's in the western scene following Mickey and Minnie carrying the picnic basket, then in the carnival he follows after Oswald and others in the far screen to the right, I think.

After the tornado part, no clue, as far I can tell from the POVs I've seen online.

Bartattack

I know he's in the western scene following Mickey and Minnie carrying the picnic basket, then in the carnival he follows after Oswald and others in the far screen to the right, I think.

After the tornado part, no clue, as far I can tell from the POVs I've seen online.

He also appears in the city scene, in one of the windows...

Surferboy567

Original Poster

I’ve actually seen him swimming in the ocean scene. From a POV.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom