Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

Lirael

Did you watch the same pre show film? Sure as well looks like she kicked him into the trunk, then the picnic basket on him and shut the trunk on him by sitting on it. She may have done it by accident, but the ignorance of it all still can be perceived a bit out of character for Minnie.

Also, I had no intention of starting a rallying cry. I only wanted to give some perspective on why someone may have been bothered by Pluto getting locked in the trunk and not Jessica.

It looks to me like she was so excited about it all she wasn't paying attention: her eyes were clearly closed and each action towards Pluto would have made sense without him: first she's twirling around happily (and he's too near and gets hit by her foot), then she's placing the basket in the trunk (and Pluto gets hit by accident) and lastly she closes the trunk (and he gets locked by accident). I thought it was clear that the joke is that Minnie isn't seeing what she's doing to Pluto, not that she's mean to him.

Disney Analyst

It looks to me like she was so excited about it all she wasn't paying attention: her eyes were clearly closed and each action towards Pluto would have made sense without him: first she's twirling around happily (and he's too near and gets hit by her foot), then she's placing the basket in the trunk (and Pluto gets hit by accident) and lastly she closes the trunk (and he gets locked by accident). I thought it was clear that the joke is that Minnie isn't seeing what she's doing to Pluto, not that she's mean to him.

Exactly. It's all very much in the flavour of these shorts. They always put Pluto through some crazy gags.

Last edited:

Donaldfan1934

Like I said, she may have done it by accident, but the ignorance of it all still can be perceived a bit out of character for Minnie.

gerarar

Premium Member
Is it safe to say that there are more “practical” effects in MMRR than in ROTR?

For example, in the scene with Pete, there’s little dust particles spinning at the base of the jackhammer that only pop up when it goes off.
Someone already mentioned, but the disco ball revealing itself and spinning in the Daisy scene.
Floating instruments in the Tornado scene!!

There’s so much to look at honestly!

I’m joking about the comparison with ROTR, but it’s interesting to see the differences in magnitude and scale of these various effects.

dennis-in-ct

A friend of mine rode today and loved it. I asked what letter and he said a D+ (not quite an E ticket)
“Extremely cute and lots of fun”. The motion is similar to Tokyo’s Honey Hunt. A bit Jerky to match the show.” “It’s really colorful and has repeatability value. So much goes on. And dozens of hidden mickeys everywhere”
He is usually very critical and his job allows him to visit the Disney parks world wide.
Sounds like a hit to me!

Donaldfan1934

People know the difference between "kicking the dog" and "accidentally kicking the dog." The non-use of "accidental" changes the context completely.
In hindsight, I probably should’ve clarified that in my original post. I was trying to be straight to the point about why some people didn’t like the Pluto kick, but actually lost it in not being explicit enough. The point is that some people were taken aback by the kick because it’s not what they expected out of these characters based on their prior knowledge of them. Now let’s move forward instead of arguing over semantics.

FigmentFan82

In hindsight, I probably should’ve clarified that in my original post. I was trying to be straight to the point about why some people didn’t like the Pluto kick, but actually lost it in not being explicit enough. The point is that some people were taken aback by the kick because it’s not what they expected out of these characters based on their prior knowledge of them. Now let’s move forward instead of arguing over semantics.
Watch the Mickey Shorts, nothing is out of character here

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is it safe to say that there are more “practical” effects in MMRR than in ROTR?

For example, in the scene with Pete, there’s little dust particles spinning at the base of the jackhammer that only pop up when it goes off.
Someone already mentioned, but the disco ball revealing itself and spinning in the Daisy scene.
Floating instruments in the Tornado scene!!

There’s so much to look at honestly!

I’m joking about the comparison with ROTR, but it’s interesting to see the differences in magnitude and scale of these various effects.

The factory scene is pretty astounding. All the props that the factory animation is projected onto physically transform into props that a night scene from the opening day scene of the park is projected onto.

gerarar

Premium Member
The factory scene is pretty astounding. All the props that the factory animation is projected onto physically transform into props that a night scene from the opening day scene of the park is projected onto.
Yea I’m really amazed how the boiler and various machines transform into trees and a carousel! Really cool if you happen to look upon them during the transformation!!

Also light fixtures rise up from behind the wall, another neat touch.

Rich Brownn

Rode it today (90 minute wait! Amazing!) and a few stray observations ...

The pre-show theater effect is much better in person. I was surprised to see the screen had actually been bent outwards, like it had indeed been blown through. Nice touch

The cars jerked around a lot - much more than RoTR. A lot of side-to-side jerking. It didn't seem like that much in the videos.

The change in the last scene is jaw-dropping (just watch where the carousel appears!)

The tornado room seems.... bare

I almost wish most of the scenes were like 15 seconds longer.

Went for a second ride but it went down. There is a lot to see

Bartattack

I was just looking at the pov video again. I thought Goofy in the train was just a flat image... but it looks like it has parralax scrolling of the background. (when he opens the window at the beginning you can see the inside background shift when the train turns. Same at he end when the train turns... the background moves behind Goofy. that's pretty neat.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Rode it today (90 minute wait! Amazing!) and a few stray observations ...

The pre-show theater effect is much better in person. I was surprised to see the screen had actually been bent outwards, like it had indeed been blown through. Nice touch

The cars jerked around a lot - much more than RoTR. A lot of side-to-side jerking. It didn't seem like that much in the videos.

The change in the last scene is jaw-dropping (just watch where the carousel appears!)

The tornado room seems.... bare

I almost wish most of the scenes were like 15 seconds longer.

Went for a second ride but it went down. There is a lot to see
The tornado scene looked bare in the onride footage as well. I wonder why this area is so lifeless. Budget? The need for a "breather" area to change up the pace makes sense if that was the intent... but it looks wimpy. I assume they have a wind machine here, Yes?

Visually, I think more should have been done.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom