Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

Jones14

I was just looking at the pov video again. I thought Goofy in the train was just a flat image... but it looks like it has parralax scrolling of the background. (when he opens the window at the beginning you can see the inside background shift when the train turns. Same at he end when the train turns... the background moves behind Goofy. that's pretty neat.
There is absolutely a depth effect going on. It made me think of the multi plane camera display they have in Walt Disney Presents, and it looks great in person.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I was just looking at the pov video again. I thought Goofy in the train was just a flat image... but it looks like it has parralax scrolling of the background. (when he opens the window at the beginning you can see the inside background shift when the train turns. Same at he end when the train turns... the background moves behind Goofy. that's pretty neat.
Yes Goofy is projected onto a mesh screen which is in-front of the secondary screen.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The tornado room seems.... bare
The tornado scene looked bare in the onride footage as well.

People complaining about the one scene that *didn't* have projections?! ;)

I think there's supposed to be very strong wind in that room. Some of the early POVs had mic issues with the wind, but the later ones not so much. Wonder if the wind effect is working at all, or, turned down because of people losing hats.

skiir97

Is it safe to say that there are more “practical” effects in MMRR than in ROTR?

For example, in the scene with Pete, there’s little dust particles spinning at the base of the jackhammer that only pop up when it goes off.

Lets be honest, that effect will probably be gone within a month.

UNCgolf

The tornado scene looked bare in the onride footage as well. I wonder why this area is so lifeless. Budget? The need for a "breather" area to change up the pace makes sense if that was the intent... but it looks wimpy. I assume they have a wind machine here, Yes?

Visually, I think more should have been done.

Yeah, that was the one really underwhelming part to me.

gerarar

Premium Member
Lets be honest, that effect will probably be gone within a month.
They’ve been keeping up and maintaining the various practical effects in ROTR, even after they’ve gone down for weeks. So I have confidence in them that they’ll do their best to keep them goin for MMRR as well. :)

Brer Oswald

With the topic more relevant than ever, I dare to ask: How would you make a Mickey Mouse Ride? What would the story be? What would the artstyle be?

What changes would you make to the one we got.

Tanna Eros

Looney Toons > Classic Disney Shorts

There, I’ve said it.

And therefore, Disney was right to shift to zany and genuine Hi-larity with the new Mickey shorts.
Honestly, I agree with you. If I wanted to laugh, it's Bugs Bunny- until the new Mickeys came out.

A lot of our Saturday mornings were for Bugs, kids in front of the TV while the parents were out, but Sunday nights was for Mickey, with the parents in their respective chairs and we on the oval rug, being quiet so our parents can hear the TV. Disney cartoons are good for that. They are beautiful artworks, but not gut busting.

The new Mickeys are hilarious to me, to the point where I can make a hand gesture or expression to my husband across the room during a club meeting and have him get it and laugh. The monkey finger in the ear gesture from Panda-monium gets me every time.

Ponderer

Honestly, I agree with you. If I wanted to laugh, it's Bugs Bunny- until the new Mickeys came out.

A lot of our Saturday mornings were for Bugs, kids in front of the TV while the parents were out, but Sunday nights was for Mickey, with the parents in their respective chairs and we on the oval rug, being quiet so our parents can hear the TV. Disney cartoons are good for that. They are beautiful artworks, but not gut busting.

The new Mickeys are hilarious to me, to the point where I can make a hand gesture or expression to my husband across the room during a club meeting and have him get it and laugh. The monkey finger in the ear gesture from Panda-monium gets me every time.

What I love about them is that they managed to get real hilarity, charm, and even absolute gorgeousness all in the mix. The international-themed shorts, in particular, are kind of staggering achievements in animation and humanism. In many ways, the best of Disney.

(But Potatoland stands alone, of course.)

disney4life2008

The fact that these bloggers live for this is crazy. But I'm only repeating myself.

The ride looks nice. Is it bad that I can point out where the former scenes were? This will balance out the rides for babies and toddlers at Hollywood studios. Which are there any?

I understand why GMR had to close but this is not an equivalent replacement. GMR at its worst is still better than this attraction. Will I stand in line for more than 20 minutes? No!

Seth141

Hey @marni1971! I was wondering if you knew whether the tornado scene in this ride is in the same location as the Oz one was supposed to be in the Great Movie Ride? I’m assuming that they are completely unrelated but figured I would inquire.

gerarar

Premium Member
The fact that these bloggers live for this is crazy. But I'm only repeating myself.

The ride looks nice. Is it bad that I can point out where the former scenes were? This will balance out the rides for babies and toddlers at Hollywood studios. Which are there any?

I understand why GMR had to close but this is not an equivalent replacement. GMR at its worst is still better than this attraction. Will I stand in line for more than 20 minutes? No!
Who said that this ride is only for “babies and toddlers”? It’s a dang family ride and with that I’m very much looking forward to the day that I get to experience this ride with my parents, which still may be years and years away.

And that’s cool and all, that you won’t stand in line for this ride for the incoming years! One less person in front of us in line!! 😎

I also for one can’t wait to marvel at the engineering and wonders behind MMRR. After riding ROTR, I still think about it everyday and how it was just out of this world. I completely expect for this ride to do the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom