Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Phroobar

You sometimes come across here as just so obnoxiously ignorant, closed-minded, and spiteful that I honestly can't tell if you just really get off on being a troll (if so, give it a rest already man) or if you were raised in a messed up bizarre household were your parents treated you like some kind of bitter, repressed 90 year old person in a child's body.

And FWIW, as most people understand, art is subjective -- but if you're looking for something that fits your boring, narrow definition of "art," give Journey a whirl...

That game is pretty amazing.

But I say give @TROR a break. At least he builds really cool Lego sets.

Sharon&Susan

Dude. Some people don't think the music of the Beatles qualifies as art. I disagree with that. Would you compare Pinocchio to Michelangelo or Mozart? I think it's a great work of art in its own category.

DIGNITY??? Is dignity required to be considered art? Sorry Looney Tunes and Donald Duck-- I guess Tror counts you all out.

Final Fantasy X. Shadow of the Colossus. Breath of the Wild. Okami. Super Mario Odyssey. Parappa. Old Man's Journey. To name a very few out of hundreds.

Tror, if you seriously can't see the art, the imagination, the comedy, the tragedy, the beauty and the vision present in those titles, then I'm actually surprised you can appreciate the wonder of Disneyland.

Attachments

• 1504A897-EF62-496A-AB3D-43654F186242.jpeg
    1504A897-EF62-496A-AB3D-43654F186242.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 100

TROR

I reject the idea of Fallout as being art. That's just post apocalyptic nonsense like The Walking Dead or the Hunger Games. Metal Gear Solid, however, I'll accept as being on the level of The Terminator (1984). Looks like we have one video game registered as art.

winner_.gif

CaptainAmerica

Sorry. That's like saying movies aren't art. You have not played the right kind of video games. There are all kinds, you know, and some are better-written than most of this years top-grossing films. The music, the visuals, the animation-- what's being achieved today is a wonder to behold.

Seriously. Games are an ever-growing entertainment medium. There are all kinds, of every genre. And many of them are emotional, wondrous experiences.
Just because you like / appreciate / enjoy something, that doesn't mean it's art.

It's like NASCAR. I don't consider NASCAR a sport. That doesn't mean it's easy or doesn't require skill or that I could get into a race car and be successful. It just belongs in a different category.

For the record, I do think video games are art. I'm just playing devil's advocate. Now somebody tell me why I can't pre-order Red Dead Redemption 2 on Amazon yet.

I reject the idea of Fallout as being art. That's just post apocalyptic nonsense like The Walking Dead or the Hunger Games. Metal Gear Solid, however, I'll accept as being on the level of The Terminator (1984). Looks like we have one video game registered as art.
Have you played The Phantom Pain? I went through the first mission of that nonsense before uninstalling out of sheer confusion. It was supposed to be a spy game but there were lava monsters and flying ninjas and a whale made of fire in the first hour.

Phroobar

I like the more abstract games like Geometry Wars or Tempest 2000 series. They remind me of my retro roots and have a lot of eye candy.

PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT2_67716.jpg

tempest-2000-vectrex-review.jpg

Hatbox Ghostbuster

So @Hatbox Ghostbuster is this when we should expect an announcement of MMRR coming to DLR?

https://d23.com/mickey-mouse-stunning-spectacular-abc/
Doubtful.

Look, I'll be honest. I have it on good authority (and other do here as well) that the attraction will come to DLR eventually. If nothing is spoken of it at Destination D later in Nov. then I'd fully expect an announcement at next summer's D23. I know, I know, that's not what everyone wants to hear...but, that's the way things are. It will be worth the wait.

mickEblu

Doubtful.

Look, I'll be honest. I have it on good authority (and other do here as well) that the attraction will come to DLR eventually. If nothing is spoken of it at Destination D later in Nov. then I'd fully expect an announcement at next summer's D23. I know, I know, that's not what everyone wants to hear...but, that's the way things are. It will be worth the wait.

But but but you mentioned to wait for Mickeys b day this year. Did plans change?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Ok gotcha. It would probably help if I read the article. I assumed this and Destiantion D were the same thing.
lol, nah. DD is gonna be full-day of panel discussions at the Contemporary Resort in WDW Nov 17-18. Sold out in minutes.
But it's where you'll get things like this:
Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 12.30.56 PM.png

So you never know if DLR's announcement might come up or not...either way, its gonna be great.

mickEblu

lol, nah. DD is gonna be full-day of panel discussions at the Contemporary Resort in WDW Nov 17-18. Sold out in minutes.
But it's where you'll get things like this:
View attachment 301369
So you never know if DLR's announcement might come up or not...either way, its gonna be great.

Ahhh ok I for some reason thought you said it as in “watch out for Detination D, wink wink.” As in you had insider knowledge of the announcement itself.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Ahhh ok I for some reason thought you said it as in “watch out for Detination D, wink wink.” As in you had insider knowledge of the announcement itself.
Oh lol, not as such. If you're wanting a formal, powerpoint presentation, Bob Chapek in a suit announcement...then I'm afraid I can't help. Destination D will still be chock full of attraction goodies though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom