Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Heppenheimer

I'm not sure if this question has been answered yet... how is this attraction going to open before the land itself re-opens? Will there just be a walled-off path that connects it to Fantasyland without any access to the rest of the land, or will the land be more or less be an open space without any active attractions (other the Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad)?

Inspired Figment

I'm not sure if this question has been answered yet... how is this attraction going to open before the land itself re-opens? Will there just be a walled-off path that connects it to Fantasyland without any access to the rest of the land, or will the land be more or less be an open space without any active attractions (other the Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad)?
That’d be my best guess. That’s typically how it works. Rest of the land walled off with only the attraction opened.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
blindfolds

CM.X777

You know this for a fact?
Do I know for 100%? No, as anything could change, but I'm 98% sure. The Cast Sneak peaks they are going to be doing in the days leading up to the 27th are going to be using VQ. Considering Cast Previews are always test runs for how ops wants to handle things. I'd bet a large amount of money in Vegas it's opening with VQ & ILL.

mickEblu

Do I know for 100%? No, as anything could change, but I'm 98% sure. The Cast Sneak peaks they are going to be doing in the days leading up to the 27th are going to be using VQ. Considering Cast Previews are always test runs for how ops wants to handle things. I'd bet a large amount of money in Vegas it's opening with VQ & ILL.

Oh ok you wrote your statement as a fact with no elaboration so I was wondering if you had some inside info… which you kind of do. Your conclusion sounds logical.

mickEblu

Not to read too much into it but doesn’t the carnival scene at DHS take place at night? I wonder if one of the enhancements might be the carnival going from day to night. They kind of already do this with the park scene although those are two different rooms ( I think) so the WOW factor isn’t necessarily there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not to read too much into it but doesn’t the carnival scene at DHS take place at night? I wonder if one of the enhancements might be the carnival going from day to night. They kind of already do this with the park scene although those are two different rooms ( I think) so the WOW factor isn’t necessarily there.
None of the ride scenes are faithfully recreated in that advertisement.

mickEblu

None of the ride scenes are faithfully recreated in that advertisement.

True but the carnival scene sticks out the most. Anyway I thought the commercial was kind of weak. The 11 year old me still remembers how excited I got when I saw Roger Rabbits Cartoon spin commercials on TV. Back then when you couldn’t go on YouTube to watch it again.

DCBaker

Premium Member
True but the carnival scene sticks out the most. Anyway I thought the commercial was kind of weak. The 11 year old me still remembers how excited I got when I saw Roger Rabbits Cartoon spin commercials on TV. Back then when you couldn’t go on YouTube to watch it again.

It's pretty much the same commercial as Walt Disney World, minus the child in pink in the front row and a different logo.

Here's the WDW version -

Rich T

I agree it’s a weak promo, but I think it would look even worse with actual ride footage. It is, after all, just ride vehicles moving slowly through very large rooms full of flat projections. In person, it’s orchestrated well enough to be fun, but it would be very difficult to capture well for a promo.

What really hurts the ad is how cheesy the live action element looks. Is this seriously the best they can do? I’ll give it points for not over-promising… mostly; DL might get complaints from a few people because there’s no actual drop on the ride.

mickEblu

I agree it’s a weak promo, but I think it would look even worse with actual ride footage. It is, after all, just ride vehicles moving slowly through very large rooms full of flat projections. In person, it’s orchestrated well enough to be fun, but it would be very difficult to capture well for a promo.

What really hurts the ad is how cheesy the live action element looks. Is this seriously the best they can do? I’ll give it points for not over-promising… mostly; DL might get complaints from a few people because there’s no actual drop on the ride.

Agree on all points.

gerarar

Premium Member
Doubt it- considering Rise's vehicles don't have that functionality.

The trackless vehicles needed to be Indiana Jones style vehicles- the added movement would be incredible. Right now they just fall flat for me.
The Ratatouille vehicles do tilt forward and rumble.

MMRR vehicles only rumble to simulate train tracks (honestly feels pretty realistic in person) and drops. I don't think ROTR's rumble at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom