Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Consumer

It’s times like this we need to stop and remember that Walt was ok with sticking a gigantic rotating Christmas star on top of the Matterhorn.

It’s just a theme park. Right now Haunted Mansion’s exterior looks like a Halloween thrift store and a giant macaroni project looms over DCA. There are rusting, rotting PeopleMover tracks all over Tomorrowland.

I think Toontown will be ok.
Bring back the Matterhorn star.

1670300310213.png

waltography

It’s times like this we need to stop and remember that Walt was ok with sticking a gigantic rotating Christmas star on top of the Matterhorn.

It’s just a theme park. Right now Haunted Mansion’s exterior looks like a Halloween thrift store and a giant macaroni project looms over DCA. There are rusting, rotting PeopleMover tracks all over Tomorrowland.

I think Toontown will be ok.
😂 Fair enough.

Nland316

MMRR is being handed over to ops within a week, but don't expect any Christmas soft openings. There has been zero effort so far on creating a path to the attraction, so once ops completes training and testing, the presence of a path will be the best indicator that softs are possible.
Should we expect the entire East side of the land to be open including Roger Rabbit too? Or purely just a path to MMRR?

Last edited:

CM.X777

I still don’t like the current stylized designs of the characters, but it does work very well for the ride.

The pre-show is the best part of WDW’s version (except for Minnie kicking Pluto). If they’re changing it for DL, I sure hope the new idea is at least as good. If Minnie does less dog-kicking in this version, that’ll be a huge plus.

I've been told it's the exact same cartoon as Florida.

MMRR is being handed over to ops within a week, but don't expect any Christmas soft openings. There has been zero effort so far on creating a path to the attraction, so once ops completes training and testing, the presence of a path will be the best indicator that softs are possible.

There will be no soft openings. The WDI show team has faced multiple set backs, and are stressed to even meet the Jan 27th deadline.

mickEblu

I've been told it's the exact same cartoon as Florida.

There will be no soft openings. The WDI show team has faced multiple set backs, and are stressed to even meet the Jan 27th deadline.

Interesting so I wonder what the difference with the pre show will be? I thought Disney announced recently that the pre show will be different? If the pre show movie is the same, what difference could there be with the pre show considering they chose a theatre to be the setting for entrance as opposed to say, a train station?

Doesn’t sound like they re changing the way we enter the movie.

SuddenStorm

Bring back the Matterhorn star.

View attachment 683368

I distinctly remember the construction wall around the matterhorn when it was closed to add the new yeti in 2014 showing a picture of the star and saying it would return in 2015.

It never did- I think I remember someone saying at some point that it's cause of the Matterhorn projection mapping for the DL Forever show that debuted.. but not sure if that person was a credible insider.

Regardless, the fact this thing almost made a comeback is almost never discussed online.

CM.X777

Interesting so I wonder what the difference with the pre show will be? I thought Disney announced recently that the pre show will be different? If the pre show movie is the same, what difference could there be with the pre show considering they chose a theatre to be the setting for entrance as opposed to say, a train station?

Doesn’t sound like they re changing the way we enter the movie.

My guess is they meant of the how the queue is different, and superior, to DHS'.

mickEblu

So any word on how their gonna queue up people for the ride when it opens? Maybe a virtual line or just standby?

With the land being closed I think that makes a stronger case for it being virtual queue. I guess they could have an extended queue going all the way back to the FL theatre but with all things considered seems like it ll be virtual queue only to start. That’s what they did with ROTR and Cosmic Rewind too right?

AJFireman

With the land being closed I think that makes a stronger case for it being virtual queue. I guess they could have an extended queue going all the way back to the FL theatre but with all things considered seems like it ll be virtual queue only to start. That’s what they did with ROTR and Cosmic Rewind too right?
I would say its going to be virtual and ILL. They are currently still using Virtual Queue for Cosmic Rewind.

PiratesMansion

Counterpoint: as was pointed out to me in a previous thread, WDW did not use virtual queue at any point with MMRR. The ride system is proven, reliable, and pretty high capacity (a website I visited quoted 2400 guests an hour if all vehicles were running).

That certainly doesn't mean that DL won't use a virtual queue, but that it might ultimately prove counterproductive. And Disneyland Park certainly has a lot more ride capacity than DHS.

mickEblu

Counterpoint: as was pointed out to me in a previous thread, WDW did not use virtual queue at any point with MMRR. The ride system is proven, reliable, and pretty high capacity (a website I visited quoted 2400 guests an hour if all vehicles were running).

That certainly doesn't mean that DL won't use a virtual queue, but that it might ultimately prove counterproductive. And Disneyland Park certainly has a lot more ride capacity than DHS.

That would be great! I’d prefer no virtual queue. Also might be why they haven’t announced anything. Because it’ll just be standby.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom