Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Rich T

Another thing… Mickey and Minnie look much better in the commercial than on the ride. On the actual attraction, in my opinion, their projection-AA figures are weird-looking, distorted nightmare fuel.

The ride’s AA Pluto, however, is the most adorable thing on Earth. Ya just wanna adopt him and take him home so Minnie can’t kick him again.

Last edited:

J4546

I can't wait to see the new toontown in a couple months, this is an expansion/upgrade I'm all for. DL will Def have by far the best (although I guess it already did) ToonTown when this is done.

truecoat

We booked a trip to DL starting on March 8th before it was announced that TT was reopening the same day. I'm not sure how early we'll get to the park but I always wondered what DL would look like on vlogger day.

Then again, aren't most days vlogger days?

mickEblu

We booked a trip to DL starting on March 8th before it was announced that TT was reopening the same day. I'm not sure how early we'll get to the park but I always wondered what DL would look like on vlogger day.

Then again, aren't most days vlogger days?

Yeah it’s getting crazy though. Like how many videos of the three new Super Nintendo drinks at USH do we need? It’s an overly sweet crappy beverage people that comes with a straw with a paper mustache on it. I hate watching people trying to like something.

Last edited:

CM.X777

Doubt it- considering Rise's vehicles don't have that functionality.

The trackless vehicles needed to be Indiana Jones style vehicles- the added movement would be incredible. Right now they just fall flat for me.

They are tilted forward. There are lifts under the back 2 wheels that lean the car forward. It's not a lot, but does create a bit of the sensation of going over the waterfall. The same system exists in the WDW version, but knowing that WDW's maintenance teams are pretty bad, Im guessing they just have them turned off at this point.

The Ratatouille vehicles do tilt forward and rumble.

MMRR vehicles only rumble to simulate train tracks (honestly feels pretty realistic in person) and drops. I don't think ROTR's rumble at all.

On Rise there is a slight rumble when Kylo jumps on the turbolift, right before the saber cuts through the ceiling.

Last edited:

CM.X777

What I really want to see is the new interior for the queue.

From what I've heard it's really cool, but Ive also heard due to where things are placed, multiple things in the queue will probably be broken or trashed by guests within the first few weeks. So I'd say go within that first week if you want to see it as it was intended.

mickEblu

From what I've heard it's really cool, but Ive also heard due to where things are placed, multiple things in the queue will probably be broken or trashed by guests within the first few weeks. So I'd say go within that first week if you want to see it as it was intended.

Yup these are reasons fo ride it sooner than later. Don’t want to miss the “long forgotten Indy ice effect” of MMRR.

D.Silentu

It never ceases to shock me how many predictable issues these ride designers seem ignorant of. I'm disappointed we aren't getting the proposed Avenger's attraction, but at least the revised version seems cognizant of the fact that it will be popular and crowded.

Rob562

I saw the cannons working in A mode on Rise of the Resistance. I don't think those have worked properly in years...

I read over in the WDW Rise thread that (allegedly) the engineers in Disneyland discovered some kind of programming error in the code for one of the cannons. After the code was fixed it eliminated the issue that was e-stopping the cannons at seemingly random times. Sounds like they implemented it.

Edit: trying to find recent videos on YouTube, but none of them have A-mode cannons.

-Rob

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Wow! All of them?

Yessir! It was cool and definitely helps that portion of the ride. I still think Rise leaves a lot to be desired, but it helps when the effects actually work as intended.

It'd be like if the boulder in Indy stopped working weeks after the ride opened. The Cannons are critical to that portion of the ride.

SuddenStorm

Imagine a ROTR that instead of Batuu was on Endor and instead of Smugglers Run we had a Speeder Bike coaster?

Every time I go on Rise I'm like.... this should have been the original Trilogy.

For the opening 'hologram' debriefing, R2D2 and Leia instead of Rey and BB8.

Admiral Ackbar instead of the fake Admiral Ackbar.

Empire instead of First Order. Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin instead of Hux and Kylo Ren. Vader would be a more realistic animatronic as well.

Luke instead of Poe. Han Solo instead of Finn.

Right now it's an impressive ride- but it lacks the emotional connection needed in a Star Wars ride. This would help. Also, Star Wars music needs to be louder and more present throughout the attraction.

Also, the ride needs a better premise than 'we're evacuating Batuu it's dangerous', since the ride ends on Batuu- so it's like if it's dangerous then now what?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom