Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Logistically I don't expect Roger Rabbit to open with MMRR; Toontown is going to be a pretty weird bottleneck for the next few months, so I'd imagine they won't even let you past the Toontown tunnel without a VQ for MMRR.
Completely agree, they’ll want to get the initial rush of crowds out of the way before trying to open the rest of the land including Roger/

Nland316

Logistically I don't expect Roger Rabbit to open with MMRR; Toontown is going to be a pretty weird bottleneck for the next few months, so I'd imagine they won't even let you past the Toontown tunnel without a VQ for MMRR.
Do we have any idea on what to expect during the fireworks? There is no way I can see them closing the land early anymore.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Do we have any idea on what to expect during the fireworks? There is no way I can see them closing the land early anymore.
If you look at the most recent satellite view in Google Maps, they moved the launchers to the north side of the new building roof. It was my understanding that this was done to keep them far enough away from parts of the land that people walk in so that they could keep the land open during fireworks.

waltography

If you look at the most recent satellite view in Google Maps, they moved the launchers to the north side of the new building roof. It was my understanding that this was done to keep them far enough away from parts of the land that people walk in so that they could keep the land open during fireworks.
Being in Toontown while the fireworks are going off is gonna be a pretty uncomfortable time I imagine. I saw the fireworks go off while in line for Rise for the first time a few months ago and could feel the fireworks in my chest.

mharrington

Not that I want the fireworks to go away, but whatever happened to the rumor of them being replaced with light drones in the sky? I could be mistaken, but don't they do that at Disneyland Paris instead of fireworks? I believe fireworks were banned from that park.

I wonder why they didn’t announce the date at D23.

What date? For the Mickey ride? Maybe they weren't ready yet.

mickEblu

Being in Toontown while the fireworks are going off is gonna be a pretty uncomfortable time I imagine. I saw the fireworks go off while in line for Rise for the first time a few months ago and could feel the fireworks in my chest.

They could just close Toontown earlier than MMRR on fireworks nights so really the only time you’d be dealing with it is if you re walking out of the land. The only thing is enforcing that when the entire land is open post construction walls. But I guess if they can empty out a whole park of guests for Oogie Boogie they can do this.

Or the easier thing to do would be to close the entire land including MMRR for an hour + when they do fireworks the way they do with most of the Fantasyland dark rides.

We also have a precedent of them closing E tickets early like they do with ROTR every night at 8 or 9pm. They have a lot of options as DL isn’t hurting for capacity.

gerarar

Premium Member
I could be mistaken, but don't they do that at Disneyland Paris instead of fireworks? I believe fireworks were banned from that park.
High pyro/fireworks are "banned", except on certain days they are permitted to use all those high shells, like on Bastille Day.
But they still have a good fireworks show nightly, consisting lots of low-level pyro on the castle and nearby FL buildings.

For their current ongoing anniversary, they have a special tag before the main show which consists of drones, projections, fountains, etc. It's really nice seeing it in person.

Phroobar

Picture yourself at Epcot, you go to the new Russian Pavillion.

Get in line for the new attraction and finally make it into the preshow.

Ok, Comrades!

Your friend is stuck. You give me money, I make him unstuck.​

Hopper-and-Dmitri-talking-in-a-Russian-prison-on-Stranger-Things.jpg

yensidtlaw1969

Not that I want the fireworks to go away, but whatever happened to the rumor of them being replaced with light drones in the sky? I could be mistaken, but don't they do that at Disneyland Paris instead of fireworks? I believe fireworks were banned from that park.

What date? For the Mickey ride? Maybe they weren't ready yet.
The drones are in addition to fireworks at Disneyland Paris - and they are surprisingly magical.

That said, I'd be surprised to see them replace traditional fireworks at Disneyland, for a great many reasons. I certainly wouldn't mind drones being introduced to Disneyland shows as an additional component, but I won't be holding my breath.

mickEblu

So they re obviously going to do start this attraction with a virtual queue right? I’ve always stayed away from anything “opening day.” But I’m feeling crazy enough to go on January 27th if I can get a reservation. It would suck to go and not get a boarding pass though. Unless they allow you try from home at 7am.

waltography

So they re obviously going to do start this attraction with a virtual queue right? I’ve always stayed away from anything “opening day.” But I’m feeling crazy enough to go on January 27th if I can get a reservation. It would suck to go and not get a boarding pass though. Unless they allow you try from home at 7am.
Also planning on going opening weekend if I can get a reservation. I'm already expecting both VQ and ILL given that was the M.O. for Cosmic Rewind earlier this year; don't know yet which one I'll try for.

PiratesMansion

This may or may not have any bearing on what DL will do, but WDW's version started with a virtual queue and it only lasted a few weeks.

I think it was determined that capacity was high enough, and the attraction reliable enough, that the reservation system wasn't needed.

Disney's gonna do what Disney's gonna do; that said, if Super Nintendo World doesn't require a reservation but MMRR does, it's not going to be received well.

DCBaker

Premium Member
This may or may not have any bearing on what DL will do, but WDW's version started with a virtual queue and it only lasted a few weeks.

I think it was determined that capacity was high enough, and the attraction reliable enough, that the reservation system wasn't needed.

Disney's gonna do what Disney's gonna do; that said, if Super Nintendo World doesn't require a reservation but MMRR does, it's not going to be received well.

The WDW version of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway opened with Standby and Fastpass+. No Virtual Queue was used.

DrAlice

I don't think it matters what Universal does. Disney fans are Disney fans. I don't think there is enough fan overlap to matter what happens at SNW.

Phroobar

Super Nintendo World is a really tight area. I wonder how many bodies you put outside to keep the fire marshal away. I believe the inside queue for Mario Kart is huge so it should suck up most of the bodies.

J4546

I feel like nintendoworld is gonna have a limit on people in that area when it opens at the very least. It will be such a huge draw, down at the bottom of the hill in the farthest point from the entrance of the park lol. luckily they have massive escalators connecting the upper and lower lots so I dont think it will get too bad but we will see...I really hope the new studio buildings are being built to replace some lower ot stuff for more theme park area. Id love for more Nintendo stuff and Jurassic stuff imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom