Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Nland316

Seeing how much space is potentially taken up by the show building, I wonder how feasible it’d be to enclose the entire land, with Roger included. It would definitely help with maintaining the liveliness and bright colors found in Toontown.

D

Deleted member 107043

I like the idea of the Mickey ride coming to DLR, but a Frozen expansion of Fantasyland seems like a better fit for the proposed area. There's some super awkward design mojo where Small World, Toontown, and the Fantasyland Theater intersect, so whatever Disney can do to ease those rough transitions and unify Fantasyland would be great. My preference would be to see Mickey go in Hollywood Land, replacing Monsters or the Muppets Theater, but I doubt there's enough room based on what I'm reading about the size of the attraction.

I find the location of Toontown, so distant from the Hub in the back of the park on a single in-and-out path, to be very inconvenient to visit. Ideally I'd rather see a FL "expansion" where the FL Theater is, level Toontown to erect a few large show buildings, and a looped path completely around Story Book Land from Small World through the berm where the Skyway chalet once stood for traffic flow.

Last edited by a moderator:

mharrington

Seeing how much space is potentially taken up by the show building, I wonder how feasible it’d be to enclose the entire land, with Roger included. It would definitely help with maintaining the liveliness and bright colors found in Toontown.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like anything more than wishful thinking.

choco choco

There's the issue of firework fallout, but I'm also of the viewpoint that fireworks only have a short term future at DL. There are various reasons from noise pollution, to costs, to atmospheric pollution; but with the direction environmental policy is hopefully heading, I think the days of regularly firework shows are limited. I know some people have brought up fireworks as an issue, so that's my response to that issue. No, they will never build 4 walls and a roof around Toon Town to enclose it. When they become more ubiquitous, drones will be able to accomplish amazing effects that rival fireworks.

The more I've thought about it in recent years, the more I've come to a similar conclusion: the fireworks show is on borrowed time.

I've also considered that the strongest argument against the fireworks show is that it harms the residents who live near the back of the resort. To which, Disney could consider switching the fireworks show to the southeastern corner of California Adventure. That corner of Harbor and Katella, consisting mainly of hotels and the convention center, would be such a good distance from any residential area that it would basically alleviate all the residents' complaints. I don't think the hotels would mind much. People could line up and down Radiator Springs, which is plenty big enough and they can launch it from behind Cars Land with the rockwork as the backdrop.

mickEblu

I like the idea of the Mickey ride coming to DLR, but a Frozen expansion of Fantasyland seems like a better fit for the proposed area. There's some super awkward design mojo where Small World, Toontown, and the Fantasyland Theater intersect, so whatever Disney can do to ease those rough transitions and unify Fantasyland would be great. My preference would be to see Mickey go in Hollywood Land, replacing Monsters or the Muppets Theater, but I doubt there's enough room based on what I'm reading about the size of the attraction.

I find the location of Toontown, so distant from the Hub in the back of the park on a single in-and-out path, to be very inconvenient to visit. Ideally I'd rather see a FL "expansion" where the FL Theater is, level Toontown to erect a few large show buildings, and a looped path completely around Story Book Land from Small World through the berm where the Skyway chalet once stood for traffic flow.

Here's why I think the Mickey ride is a better fit for DL than Frozen even though I'm sure the ride would have been impressive...

First off, there are so many princess attractions but not one Mickey attraction. It would be something unique. Second, it stops or at least slows down the whole IP land train that I don't think belongs in DL. Third, the Mickey concept will be organic to that part of the park. Fourth, aside from the Frozen ride, aesthetically a frozen mini land would be more or less what we have in FL proper with snow.

Anyway I still hope the Frozen ride finds its way to DL. I'm thinking once they figure out with what they re doing with Autopia.

D

Deleted member 107043

First off, there are so many princess attractions but not one Mickey attraction.

I see your point, but there are only a couple of attractions at Disneyland dedicated to princesses that I can think of. Snow White, and the Royal Hall. Mickey, on the other hand, has an attraction plus an entire land dedicated to him. Maybe you mean Mickey ride?

mickEblu

I want to see them turn Autopia in to the west coast version of Seabase Alpha with the submarines acting as transportation into the "undersea" base complete with "underwater" roller coaster and real fish.

That's sounds cool and I think remember you saying this before. I forgot, what is Seabase Alpha from again? Atlantis? Something from TDS?

mickEblu

I see your point, but there are only a couple of attractions at Disneyland dedicated to princesses that I can think of. Snow White, and the Royal Hall. Mickey, on the other hand, has an attraction plus an entire land dedicated to him. Maybe you mean Mickey ride?

Yes I meant to say ride. To ride in a vehicle and feel like you ve really went to "Toontown" should be really cool. With or without Mickey Mouse. My hope is that this attraction does what they couldn't quite do with static cartoony buildings in the 90s.

Last edited:

Phroobar

That's sounds cool and I think remember you saying this before. I forgot, what is Seabase Alpha from again? Atlantis? Something from TDS?
Seabase Alpha is from Epcot. It was my favorite attraction before it got Nemofied. The subs were suppose to be used for a trip to Atlantis with another ride inside a volcano. It never happened of course but Seabase Alpha would be perfect for Tomorrowland.

If this doesn't scream classic Tomorrowland, I don't know what does.

lsp330129LARGE.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Seabase Alpha is from Epcot. It was my favorite attraction before it got Nemofied. The subs were suppose to be used for a trip to Atlantis with another ride inside a volcano. It never happened of course but Seabase Alpha would be perfect for Tomorrowland.

If this doesn't scream classic Tomorrowland, I don't know what does.

lsp330129LARGE.jpg

I'll never forget the first time I visited The Living Seas and "traveled" to the ocean floor via an omnimover to Seabase Alpha. It was such a cool experience. I haven't been in decades and I bet the whole thing feels really hokey now.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I want to see them turn Autopia in to the west coast version of Seabase Alpha with the submarines acting as transportation into the "undersea" base complete with "underwater" roller coaster and real fish.
I've been saying this for years!!! Create Seabase Beta! It's literally all there.

Not only was it an amazing pavilion/attraction, but it has some of the best BGM from any Disney park.

dweezil78

So what you're saying is... in Epcot, Seabase Alpha becomes Nemo. And at Disneyland, Nemo becomes Seabase Alpha. I like it!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom