Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2024

Andrew25

For anyone in the know or attended last year in August/Early September... any operational changes to accommodate guests in the summer?

Spent a few hours once after work at MK prior to a MNSSHP night and I couldn't even fathom wearing a costume in that brutal summer in August. During the day it was easy to spot CMs assisting guests with heating issues... have they taken extra precautions during August nights?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
For anyone in the know or attended last year in August/Early September... any operational changes to accommodate guests in the summer?

Spent a few hours once after work at MK prior to a MNSSHP night and I couldn't even fathom wearing a costume in that brutal summer in August. During the day it was easy to spot CMs assisting guests with heating issues... have they taken extra precautions during August nights?
No, it is business as usual.

ToTBellHop

Showtimes are also already available:

Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular:
August 9 through September 28, 2024: 9:05pm, 10:40pm, 12:00am
September 29 through October 31, 2024: 7:40pm, 9:05pm, 10:40pm, 12:00am

Disney's Not-So-Spooky Spectacular: 10pm

Mickey's Boo-To-You Halloween Parade: 8:15pm and 11:15pm
I appreciate the specifics being announced early this year for easier planning.

ToTBellHop

Showtimes are also already available:

Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular:
August 9 through September 28, 2024: 9:05pm, 10:40pm, 12:00am
September 29 through October 31, 2024: 7:40pm, 9:05pm, 10:40pm, 12:00am

Disney's Not-So-Spooky Spectacular: 10pm

Mickey's Boo-To-You Halloween Parade: 8:15pm and 11:15pm
Strangely the DPB “5 New Things” post lists an earlier start time for BtY. Wasn’t it always 8:15?

Never mind! It was 9:15 previously.

JMcMahonEsq

No, it is business as usual.
We've been twice over the last couple of years in August for the Party, and once in July for the 4th. I didn't notice anything different from an operational standpoint between being there at night in July, or being there in August for the Party. I also don't really remember seeing many instances where it was/was becoming an issue. Most of the little kids in costumes we saw either walking around or jumping around at the dance parties were light weight things, really not all that heat inducing. The cast is used to dealing with the Florida heat in their full set ups so no real need to change SoP there. And if you're a Disney adult and wearing full covering heavy costumes (which I didn't think were permitted anyway, meaning full body costumes that completely cover your face) then i think you're on your own.

In the Parks
Yes
Some details for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party have been released:

Experience favorite entertainment, new offerings, and trick-or-treating during the highly anticipated return of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park in Walt Disney World Resort! Get ready to strike a pose with Mickey and Minnie in their new costumes during the party, meet Bruno alongside Mirabel in the Fantasy Garden, and even show off your best villain dance moves in the new DescenDANCE Party inspired by the upcoming Disney+ movie, “Descendants: The Rise of Red,” during this year’s separately ticketed event, which will kick off on Aug. 9 and will take place on select nights through Oct. 31.

Don’t miss out on all the spooktacular fun and be sure to secure your spot. Event tickets go on sale for guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, and Shades of Green starting May 8. Tickets will be available to all guests starting May 15.

New outfits for Mickey & Minnie, it’s about time that they put out new outfits for the mice for the event, and phase out the old neon purple eyesores that they had for over a decade and a half

Bruno joining Mirabel?, YES

More villains appearing, double yeah

A Descendants dance party?, oh hell no, I do not get why the parks continue to endorse the Disney Channel TV movies and while they don’t get to have characters from Disney’s own Television Animation division that isn’t Disney Junior or IP based like Molly McGee and The Owl House appear in the parks.

Anyways, hopefully when we get closer to August 9th, we’ll get to learn more about the character roster for the party that could potentially have more new surprises aside from Bruno and the surprise Villain appearances, like Duffy Bear, Cheshire Cat(lose the Queen of Hearts if they’re going to keep her as a non face character and not as a proper face character), Raya, more Pixar friends(like red panda Mei, Ember & Wade, Luca, or most likely Miguel), the aforementioned Molly McGee(in her first parks appearance), and maybe some friends from the Boiling Isles, as well as having Rapunzel now pair up with Flynn in the Tangled courtyard and unless villains show up make Princess Fairytale Hall a treat trail if they can’t, as the last few parties, it was the same four princesses(Cinderella, Elena(who I already talked about in the past), Tiana, and of course Rapunzel) at the Hall that guests can meet daily, and phase out the Disney Junior Jam dance party, because all four of the characters that are represented in this dance party have all ended their runs(Doc McStuffins, Lion Guard(which Timon could move to Adventureland alongside the addition of Rafiki), Vampirina, and especially Fancy Nancy, a daily reminder that it’s Disney’s fault for turning down the park rights to the non-Disney IP Bluey, as none of the four shows listed resonate with most kids nowadays as much as the Aussie phenomenon), and simply put in an Incredibles dance party in its place

tanc

I don't get what they mean by earlier start time, it seems to start the same time as last year. Regardless I guess soon enough we will be beginning this party on August 1st or July.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They did raise the price floor, as I predicted. But I hate being right about that. :(

At least they didn't bust through the $200 barrier on the top end. I heard Josh nearly threw a chair out a window when they wouldn't let him do that. He then stormed out of the conference room and headed out for some "retail therapy" at his favorite jeans location.

ToTBellHop

They did raise the price floor, as I predicted. But I hate being right about that. :(

At least they didn't bust through the $200 barrier on the top end. I heard Josh nearly threw a chair out a window when they wouldn't let him do that. He then stormed out of the conference room and headed out for some "retail therapy" at his favorite jeans location.
There’s still Christmas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom