Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2020

bryanfze55

Blows my mind that people would pay so much to go to a Halloween party in mid-August. Yes, let’s trick or treat when it’s 95 degrees out.

GeoffR

Early August is just way too early. I've heard all the arguments for it, but pumpkins and hay don't coincide with 95° heat 3 weeks before the school year starts. It's difficult to actually catch the parks not decorated for a holiday, it's just silly. By 2030 Not So Scary will start in April with VMCP going through March. Ugh.

floydbeatle

I was hoping someone could help me with the following questions. I have a trip scheduled the week of 8/16. The party dates have been released, but Aug 15 (the day I arrive) still shows a 6pm close. Per the schedule 8/15 is not a party date. From prior expierence does anyone know if that will change? Has Disney just decided not to update that particular date as of yet? Is it a private event of some sort? Just trying to figure whether that might be a thing to do later that day. Understand that answers might be speculative. Thanks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I was hoping someone could help me with the following questions. I have a trip scheduled the week of 8/16. The party dates have been released, but Aug 15 (the day I arrive) still shows a 6pm close. Per the schedule 8/15 is not a party date. From prior expierence does anyone know if that will change? Has Disney just decided not to update that particular date as of yet? Is it a private event of some sort? Just trying to figure whether that might be a thing to do later that day. Understand that answers might be speculative. Thanks.
I ca't think of any time when they have added party nights date after the initial annoucement. The Aug 15 date is very likely a private event.

MM311

I'm sure this is asked every year, but how early does Halloween night generally sell out? With it being on a Saturday this year, not sure if I should buy now, or if maybe I would be alright waiting until April or May...

ToTBellHop

Early August is just way too early. I've heard all the arguments for it, but pumpkins and hay don't coincide with 95° heat 3 weeks before the school year starts. It's difficult to actually catch the parks not decorated for a holiday, it's just silly. By 2030 Not So Scary will start in April with VMCP going through March. Ugh.
The weather in mid-August is really no different from late September.

Most Halloween party nights are hot and sticky. It's Florida.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I ca't think of any time when they have added party nights date after the initial annoucement. The Aug 15 date is very likely a private event.
Well I guess I've been discovered, the August family trip is that week, so I bought out the park. Please be so kind as to promptly be out of the Magic Kingdom by 6PM sharp.

gerarar

Premium Member
So if Disney is planning on no fireworks until at least October, that also means likely no Happily Ever After until around Christmas or maybe even 2021. Such unprecedented times at the Magic Kingdom, and all other parks worldwide..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom