Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2020

Pirate Magic

SO........Should we expect UOR's HHN Cancellation in the next hour or so?!?!?!?! Because if that's allowed to go on....Something's VERY Fishy here!!!!

Oh yes let's continue F+W with a whole lot of drunk people at Epcot at Closing time!!!!

^Sorry!!! Was holding out Hope for MNSSHP since I thought UOR was holding HHN auditions. Also I'm not looking forward to this Fathers Day!!

Do we need to worry about MVMCP now?!?!?! I wasn't but now.......

MAN I HATE 2020/COVID!!!!!

Yeah, Food &Wine booze fest... Forget about MNSSHP that Guest have fun every year... But keep booze coming

SoFloMagic

Idk... MNSSHP is a lot more kid/show/parade centered which could complicate social distancing much more than HHN. Once they figure out pulsing of the houses I think you would be fine distancing in scare zones etc.
Isn't HHN crazy labor intensive though? Would they run it if they can't pack em in?

SoFloMagic

From what I can tell it looks like they’re trying. They’re already setting up the tents and starting casting calls. Obviously it can change at any moment but.
maybe they'll do timed tickets - like cruise dinner slots for different houses. Or maybe they figure it's too dark for anyone to see how crowded it is.

Giss Neric

Oh well. Not a big deal for me but it's sad. I hope that instead of having a "paid party" why can't they just offer what happens in the Halloween party free for regular guests. Trick or treat is definitely a no-no that's why it's cancelled for the year. They still could have a stage show, a modified parade and the special fireworks/projection show of course with social distancing implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:

rk03221

Really? Even with the F+W news today? Any new dates being thrown around?? Better I here it here first before DPB so I'm prepared.

Well, it’s not confirmed that’s just what a lot of cms have been hearing. I mean, Florida is seeing a huge jump in cases right now and that really doesn’t help the case for re-opening

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, it’s not confirmed that’s just what a lot of cms have been hearing. I mean, Florida is seeing a huge jump in cases right now and that really doesn’t help the case for re-opening
Terrible timing for disney

They seem to have zero desire anyway to open...now it’s just days till DVC “ opens” for logistical problems

techgeek

Isn't HHN crazy labor intensive though? Would they run it if they can't pack em in?

One of the rumors I had seen was that the ‘scareactor’ numbers would be dramatically reduced this year, and that Universal had made a large investment in ‘special effects‘ to replace the missing talent.

I imagine if they do attempt it, it will have to be at dramatically reduced capacity and a shell of its former self. Disney obviously ran those numbers and decided it wasn’t worth it, but HHN is a much larger piece of Universal’s overall year.

PolynesianPrincess

Oh well. Not a big deal for me but it's sad. I hope that instead of having a "paid party" why can't they just offer what happens in the Halloween party free for regular guests. Trick or treat is definitely a no-no that's why it's cancelled for the year. They still could have a stage show, a modified parade and the special fireworks/projection show of course with social distancing implemented.

That's the main reason they are cancelling it. For the foreseeable future, there will be no parades or fireworks. Taking those 2 elements out of MNSSHP is taking away the 2 main reasons me and my family go.

Disstevefan1

Starting August 13 this year It's dead

Disney changes/updates info almost daily, so who knows, but this will probably stick. Disney is trending to cancel stuff.

On the other hand, it looks like Halloween Horror Nights is ON at Universal Orlando. Folks who have attended this, they are total mobfests, BUT, if they truly limit the MOBS, it may be enjoyable.

Touchdown

Looks like my October trip is in jeopardy, the only reason Disney would cancel this is if they don’t expect firework shows through October. Not having Spectaculars is really my red line, if they aren’t on I don’t think a trip would be worth it.

Im kind of surprised they canceled this entirely, I would have thought they would cancel through Labor Day and hold out hope for the rest of the schedule, but honestly with the way the Florida numbers are climbing I don’t blame them. I also think that this is a signal they are considering pushing back opening the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom