Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2020

DDD

MK hours on 8/15/20 are only till 6pm. Expected to see MNSSH on this date. This date was not announced. Other event?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Im a little surprised they haven’t added a few dates to the Christmas Party after New Years but before the Epiphany, I’m sure marathon guests would enjoy the chance. However, August is probably the earliest for the Halloween Party. Christmas is the biggest holiday of the year, and Halloween is rapidly overtaking Thanksgiving to become the 2nd biggest holiday, there is no other current holiday that you could theme around that would be nearly as popular so no I dont think you can expand the dates much further.
Ok, so keep the start and end points the same, but cram in more parties. Is 36 really enough Halloween parties? Why not 70?

JacksonSq

One of the party dates is Labor Day. For those that have experience, would you expect a busier than normal party? Is Labor Day weekend as a whole extra busy?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They could keep holiday party nights going into January with Christmas / Three Kings / New Years / (early) Chinese New Years. Or maybe move Three Kings and Chinese New Year into Epcot.

Anyhoo... in response to why would anyone do After Hours as opposed to Party Nights... After Hours gets you on the most popular rides over and over again with barely any wait. If you're all about the rides, After Hours has you covered. A Party Night may or may not have reduced wait times (and with they way they keep selling more and more tickets, less likely to have reduced wait times).

ImperfectPixie

They could keep holiday party nights going into January with Christmas / Three Kings / New Years / (early) Chinese New Years. Or maybe move Three Kings and Chinese New Year into Epcot.

Anyhoo... in response to why would anyone do After Hours as opposed to Party Nights... After Hours gets you on the most popular rides over and over again with barely any wait. If you're all about the rides, After Hours has you covered. A Party Night may or may not have reduced wait times (and with they way they keep selling more and more tickets, less likely to have reduced wait times).
Do you know if you enter Mine Train via the standby or Fastpass line during the After Hours events by any chance?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
this is getting insane with the price increases... so the parties for as few hours cost more than an entire day in the park non-party days. nice

it was only a few years ago these parties were around $50

to be honest I'm shocked they haven't setup a 21 and up adult night event at Epcot World Showcase once or twice a week at park closing till midnight (or something like that) as a paid party ticket - opportunity to make more money and sell more alcohol - make it a party type event with music and lighting in places... they better bring in some extra security though

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
this is getting insane with the price increases... so the parties for as few hours cost more than an entire day in the park non-party days. nice

it was only a few years ago these parties were around $50

to be honest I'm shocked they haven't setup a 21 and up adult night event at Epcot World Showcase once or twice a week at park closing till midnight (or something like that) as a paid party ticket - opportunity to make more money and sell more alcohol - make it a party type event with music and lighting in places... they better bring in some extra security though
This is a great idea. 9-12, 21 and over only $100pp cover charge. Nothing included except access to World Showcase.

They could make a few specialty cocktails at each country, some “exclusive” merch. This would be a cash cow.

Mickeyboof

What I find truly fascinating about this whole upcharge cocktail that is Walt Disney World is the Halloween party firework dessert party.

I guess I understand the regular firework dessert party. I did it on my first ever visit, it wasn’t too expensive and came with guaranteed viewing. This meant I could enjoy the park longer, without camping out.

But... at an upcharge party, the mere idea of paying an additional $99 in itself revels how out of control 1) the amount of tickets sold and 2) how this theme park really is focusing on the upper middle class and the wealthy.

I mean, a dessert party at an upcharge event? What’s next, PhotoPass upcharge to have a photo shoot session? Run Disney “club” upcharge where you pay hundreds just to be the first to pay another hundred to run a race which has less characters, entertainment and dwindling charm than ever before? Firework dessert party where an entire ferry is taken out of commission therefore slowing down the entire transportation system to the world’s most visited theme park?

Too had people are too addicted to say no.

TTA94

Hmm, I wonder if they will debut Harmonius in August on opening night of MNSSHP. Fall was the rumor for that which makes me wonder.

Touchdown

Hmm, I wonder if they will debut Harmonius in August on opening night of MNSSHP. Fall was the rumor for that which makes me wonder.

If they miss Memorial Day (which appears likely according to our insiders) I suspect the next possible date they debut it would be opening day of F&W.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom