Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Tonight’s party 9/22 is probably the most crowded I’ve seen in a long time. Not fun.

Here as well. It’s not nearly as crowded as the first 2015 party. We went to that one and it was so bad we got our tickets refunded.

The crowds are bad around the hub but I blame that on the fact that the stage show, parade, and fireworks are back to back to back. If they’d space those out just a little bit people would have time to disperse. The 8:30/9:15/10:15 format basically forces you to stay in the hub if you aren’t staying until midnight.

Other than that things have been fine for us tonight.

Timmay

Tonight’s party 9/22 is probably the most crowded I’ve seen in a long time. Not fun.
Yeah. It was kind of nuts. We timed most of the rides right...so really no waits on the bigger ones. Second parade seemed okay, as did the midnight show. That first stage show was a zoo though.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
In relationship to overall party attendance the party pass adds a new dynamic to how many guests can attend.

The event night specific cap was not increased. It remains where it was increased to last year. Which is slightly lower than a higher number they tested for some parties last year.

They may not have increased the cap, but the party pass allows the attendance to exceed the cap.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We went on 9/20 and had a great time. It was crowded, but didn't feel overwhelming to me. We saw the first parade from the town hall area and there was plenty of space to watch from there. We also got a spot on the curb by the confectionary for the second Headless Horseman. I really enjoyed the fireworks. I have only seen Hallowwishes live once, so I can't really compare the two.

We watched the Tuesday party fireworks from our room in the Contemporary which was a very cool experience...

Epcot82Guy

It does seem like crowds are the big concern this year - as discussed (at least from my anecdotal research).

Not to change topic - but I will say I'm very impressed with the video coming out of Oogie Boogie at DLR. The character candy areas and the Villains Grove both look very well done. I hope some of that could spill over to MK (or somewhere at WDW).

dreamfinder912

I assume the amount of party pass people is low-ish, but if they suddenly swarm the party and it reaches capacity do they turn people away like they do during the day when the park reaches capacity?

I actually asked that when I bought the party pass. I'd planned to go after the fireworks some nights to just enjoy the rides without many people around and didn't want to be turned away to capacity issues. The party pass is (somehow) included in the overall ticket numbers so whether one or all of us show up we get in just the same way a person with a ticket to just that one party gets in.

MotherOfBirds

I went on 9/22 and I agree regarding the crowds. I did the 8/17 party last year and had a way better experience.This time, the candy stations had long lines all night and finding space for BTY was ridiculous. Wait times on rides bounced from 15 minutes to 2 hours within a ten minute period. People were much more rude than I remember as well. More shoving, stroller-ramming, and parent letting their kids climb all over rock walls and planters.

Also, there's a special place in hell for people who decide to stand up against the parade rope in front of the people already sitting there, especially in front of kids and people with mobility issues.

Magic Feather

It does seem like crowds are the big concern this year - as discussed (at least from my anecdotal research).

Not to change topic - but I will say I'm very impressed with the video coming out of Oogie Boogie at DLR. The character candy areas and the Villains Grove both look very well done. I hope some of that could spill over to MK (or somewhere at WDW).
A Villains' Grove-esque Jungle Cruise overlay would be phenomenal.

yensidtlaw1969

Could you imagine if the Swan Boats still existed and they hit the areas down by the moat with this sort of overlay?

Sneak in some fog in the thick of the Adventureland leg of the trip . . . maybe a villain figure . . . traveling under the drawbridge as the projections cover the castle would be a sight.

If only!

Epcot82Guy

Hmm... I'm not sure how I feel about that. (Not that I disagree. Just not sure about blending the Villains into Jungle Cruise and having it be by boat vs. being able to stop and look around. But, the idea of bringing some of that tech into Jungle Cruise at night... WOW.)

Regadless - I think it shows the power of setting. The characters are sort of secondary. And, there is no "story" really. Yet, from the videos I'm seeing, it is widely viewed as some of their best work recently. People really like it. And, it's a nice blend of eerie, suspenseful, fantasy-esque and impressive. I really hope that is taken more to heart and we see it appear elsewhere.

Last edited:

Epcot82Guy

Could you imagine if the Swan Boats still existed and they hit the areas down by the moat with this sort of overlay?

Sneak in some fog in the thick of the Adventureland leg of the trip . . . maybe a villain figure . . . traveling under the drawbridge as the projections cover the castle would be a sight.

If only!

Oh man - or a relaunch of the river boats at DAK with this. Or the WDW Railroad for MNSSHP. Just a lot of options with this level of immersion.

I live in Atlanta, and they do a light installation in the Botanical Gardens every year. It's very impressive - and with a similar (albeit less fleshed out) concept to this. It's a really great thing to experience, and I'd love to see Disney do more with it!

Hawg G

I can understand Sunday selling out due to stranded Brits. Dont understand Friday. Hoping tonight isn't too crowded, but Jack line is long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom