News Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2018

bmvanpelt

I tried to make a dining reservation at MK on 8/17 for dinner but none are available at any of the restaurants. Seems awful early for that to be the first MNSSHP date, doesn't it? However, I can't think of any other hard ticket events around this time. Anyone have any thoughts?

mattdenine

I tried to make a dining reservation at MK on 8/17 for dinner but none are available at any of the restaurants. Seems awful early for that to be the first MNSSHP date, doesn't it? However, I can't think of any other hard ticket events around this time. Anyone have any thoughts?

One of the crowd calendars sites I follow do have the parking closing at 6 that day but doesn't have a party listed for that day. Maybe its a private event such as DVC?

st3v3d

One of the crowd calendars sites I follow do have the parking closing at 6 that day but doesn't have a party listed for that day. Maybe its a private event such as DVC?
Yes, undercovertourist - Aug 2018 have it listed as closing at 6pm on the 17th and on the 21st? I wonder what is happening? Surely these can't be "ear" marked for MNSSHP that early in August? We're going to be there for the last 2 weeks in August and so I've been trying to plan around these times and hoping to experience the MNSSHP.

Biff215

We were able to catch our first MNSSHP last year in August, which happened to fall on our son's birthday so it was perfect. We enjoyed it and luckily it wasn't a crazy hot night. With that said, I still think it's overkill. It would be one thing if it were once a week, but up to four does have an effect on all guests. As others have said, party days mean less hours (or bigger crowds at the other parks) and non-party days mean much bigger crowds at the MK. It's a lose-lose if you're visiting during these months, even if you do go to the party during your trip.

I'm finding it even more frustrating that Disney is only releasing dates a day at a time six months out. Kind of tough for resort guests to make plans and dining reservations 180+10 days out. And before anyone says that's not necessary, I couldn't get Be Our Guest at 6:00 am, 190 days out. Not the end of the world, but kind of ridiculous especially when I don't even know the park hours yet.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
You're welcome. Note that that's just a 6pm close. I haven't seen a "special event" designation, but it's not a far leap to assume that 6pm close = MNSSHP in Aug
If it’s the 17th, 21st, 24th, 28th, and 31st, it’s gotta be MNSSHP as that’s the typical early-season schedule.

DVCPluto

You're welcome. Note that that's just a 6pm close. I haven't seen a "special event" designation, but it's not a far leap to assume that 6pm close = MNSSHP in Aug

Any insider info for Sept yet? Booking dining without knowing the party dates is kind of a challenge. Safe to use past days of the week?

Michrin76

UPDATED

It’s January, so why not?

A little birdie told me to tell you advanced planners that 8/17/18 will be opening night this year. Five total parties in August, following on 8/21, 8/24, 8/28, 8/31.

Also, the 2 pm parade, 6 pm close for day guests test was a success and will be rolled out for both MNSSHP and MVMCP in 2018. Huzzah!
How reliable is this little birdie. I’ll be there Till the 19th August

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom