News Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2018

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Wow. I imagine MNSSHP in 2019 will start mid-August, and then eventually early August. Disney-contrived "guest demand" and all that, you know.

I live in an area where K-12 schools don't start until the day after Labor Day each year. Even still, I don't want to be seeing Halloween parties in late August.
Are you forced to go?

MinnieWaffles

When will dates be released for this year? Can't wait to pick my date for this year's party :)

Enjoyed last year's party but spent a lot of time waiting for the parade/fireworks!! Also missed some of the characters we wanted to see.

JoeCamel

Wow. I imagine MNSSHP in 2019 will start mid-August, and then eventually early August. Disney-contrived "guest demand" and all that, you know.

I live in an area where K-12 schools don't start until the day after Labor Day each year. Even still, I don't want to be seeing Halloween parties in late August.
Wait til that 5th gate gets built. 6 months Halloween and 6 months Christmas. Every day/night a party

crxbrett

Ridiculous. Halloween parties should not start until at least mid way through September. UK schools usually don't go back until September 6th so we'll be on Summer vacation still with Halloween being chucked down our throats. I hate how the American parks charge extra for seasonal 'parties' when Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai have the parade, fireworks costumes, trick or treating and such included with standard admission at no extra charge. I love Disney at Halloween but not in August.

My sentiments exactly. I went to DW in August this past summer and it was incredibly bizarre seeing jack-o-lanterns and pumpkins all over the place in August. I, for one, hate it. I feel like mid-late Sep is the earliest anyone should be celebrating Halloween. And even that is kind of pushing it. It's a little strange that Halloween is actually celebrated at the U.S. Disney parks longer than Christmas is (Halloween being about 10 weeks now, xmas only being 8 weeks - although that used to only be 6). I know that if it weren't for Halloween, Disney would most assuredly be throwing up xmas decorations in mid-October if they could.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
We went to the one on September 1st this past year and it was crazy busy. It sucked.
Do you know if it sold out? Having experienced both sold-out and not-sold out MNSSHPs and MVMCPs, I’ve found little difference. Ride lines are always short while Main Street is packed to the gills.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom