MGM- and so it begins...

thumper

Originally posted by DogsRule!
They are building a new roller coaster called Top Mouse Mickster, that will launch guests from 0 to 120 mph in under five seconds, before catapulting them up and then down a 450 foot hill. It opens this fall.

DogsRule - you're too funny! :lol:

Maybe they'll bring utilize the infamous chair that was sitting outside MS and incorporate that into the new area!:D

Don L Duck

Originally posted by JimiThing1
God you people are dumb...all they are doing is rehabing the facades on NY Street. They are starting at the back and working their way down.
Ahh yessss.
But ,,,,,,,,,,what do you use to rehab all those facades?
LADDDEEERRRSSS UH HA OH YEAH:lol:

RogueHabit

Originally posted by MicBat
No one said that you weren't allowed to post here anymore... all they were saying was that there could have been another way to word what you said... I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with jealousy, wanting you to lose your job, etc... I knew what you were saying after a second reading, but it did sound somewhat juvenile at first... Hope you stick around. :)
Well at least one person understood what I meant. :brick:

Sorcerer Mickey

1)The "Top Hill Mickster" or whatever is just a joke, pointing fingers and laughing at Cedar Point's new "Top Hill Dragster", which follows the same statistics listed earlier.

2)For the dude who knows something we don't(oh boy, this happens often in another board...), one moment he says this is nothing earthshattering, don't get your hopes up, etc.

Now:

:Originally posted by Catch 22
Ya know, I don't mean to be disrespectful here, but post like this are not only annoying, but also come over rather childish.

Great, so YOU know, but if you aren't aloud to say then why not just not post at all, instead of this 'Hey, hey, I know something you don't know' routine.

Sorry, but this kinda thing is worst than SPAM to me.

Ok, rant over...

Well, since the only thing I have gotten for my posts is flak, I will now not post anymore until I'm allowed to do so. I was just trying to give everyone a heads up that you might want to keep your eyes and ears open to this area of the park because something is about to happen, something that will drastically change this area of the park, but since certain people take offense to me just saying "WATCH THIS AREA", I'll just sit back, not post, and let you all guess.

Whoa, one source alone takes it upon him/herself to keep switching stories. Usually, this takes at least two different sources.

Oh well, just do it the old fashioned way-wait.

Dayma

I was just trying to give everyone a heads up that you might want to keep your eyes and ears open to this area

I think it is good that people provide pictures of areas under construction. It is news from the front :)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
To the guy who has the "inside info":

In case you are new to this board, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. However, coming into a thread and telling us you know what's going on but can't tell us, helps us absolutely ZERO. You have not helped the conversation, in fact you have only succeeded in trying to bring attention to yourself under the guise of helping us figure out what's going on. In fact, several people have already told us that its simply new facades.

As for you letting us know to "watch this space for something new", we could have used the obvious construction walls as a huge hint that something new is coming.

In the future, all we ask is that you help end the speculation, but don't intentionally fuel the fire by giving no information. If you can tell us, fine. If not - stay out of it....because you're not helping.

kevlightyear

Originally posted by Fievel
To the guy who has the "inside info":

In case you are new to this board, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. However, coming into a thread and telling us you know what's going on but can't tell us, helps us absolutely ZERO. You have not helped the conversation, in fact you have only succeeded in trying to bring attention to yourself under the guise of helping us figure out what's going on. In fact, several people have already told us that its simply new facades.

As for you letting us know to "watch this space for something new", we could have used the obvious construction walls as a huge hint that something new is coming.

In the future, all we ask is that you help end the speculation, but don't intentionally fuel the fire by giving no information. If you can tell us, fine. If not - stay out of it....because you're not helping.

People, just back off this guy. He's not hurting anyone. If anything, his post was better than most of the others in this thread. I just read through four pages of inside jokes and made up stories (along with flaming) looking for some actual information. Do you guys think that you are helping the thread with your joking? Take it to Chit Chat.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by kevlightyear
People, just back off this guy. He's not hurting anyone. If anything, his post was better than most of the others in this thread. I just read through four pages of inside jokes and made up stories (along with flaming) looking for some actual information. Do you guys think that you are helping the thread with your joking? Take it to Chit Chat.

As I always say...if you can't have fun with your life, why wake up in the morning? No one is hurting anyone here...just relax, pull up a chair, as the dining room proudly presents: your dinner. Be...our...guest...

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by kevlightyear
I completely agree, but let's not let it get out of hand, shall we?

well, I agree that people are being harsh to this guy...while I was slightly annoyed at his original post, that doesn't really necessitate a complete backlash...it's freedom of speech here...newbies all learn the customs on these boards after a few days...heaven knows I am STILL learning after nearly two years:) This guy broke no official rules--I think a more kindly-worded PM to a newbie regarding our customs is more appropriate--seeing as I have been in his position, with everyone against me, I know how it feels...and I'm pretty sure we have all been in the position at one time or another in our lives where we feel everyone is against us. It's not a good feeling.

Coasterbp

Thank you to those that have backed me up, and to those that have just lashed out against me, let me try to rephrase, or, shall I say, explain myself a little bit.

I've been reading these boards for quite some time now, so I'm not NEW, but I don't post often unless someone has asked a question and I happen to know the answer. Also, I have gotten, shall we say, "talked to" at work about some stuff that I have posted about things that apparently, I wasn't supposed to make public. So I keep my mouth shut until I know that's safe to do so.

My first post was not intentionally rude, smart a$$ed, or SPAM (still don't believe that comment, or the "childish" one for that matter, but I digress) and I'm sorry that I even posted it now, for the way that people have acted towards it. Never would I have thought that it would have gotten the type of responses that it has. Now I know not to post messages regarding the topic of the thread, because I see now, after reading through three pages of posts, that people like to make these threads into chat rooms.

All I was trying to do, was to actually provide some fact that yes, something is going on in this area of the park, and you'll probably hear an announcement in the near future.

Now some people have posted that since construction walls were up, I didn't need to post my message because it "is obvious" that something is going on there. Duh. Thanks. They put construction walls up around trees when they are replacing the sod with the rubber stuff. There's constuctions walls up everywhere. I was just trying to let everyone know that there is something going on, but unfortunately, I can't say. Which for some reason, people take offense to. Maybe it's because I cut into the ladder conversation...not sure.

As for switching my stories, and saying don't get your hopes up, but saying that it would change the area of the park drastically....let me clear that up. What I meant by don't get your hopes up was that it isn't a roller coaster, but it will be something that will change the area the park in a large way. Oh, I I loved to comment that all I was hurting and not helping. I forget I was posting in the "Ladder Discussion" thread. And how does posting that something is happening, hurting? I think it helps, more so than the "The roller coaster will be controlled by Windows and the Blue Screen of Death will crash the coaster" comments. Come on now. Let's act a little more mature.

I'm not even sure why I'm trying to defend myself here, as I feel I didn't do anything wrong, or "against the grain", or "out of the customary." I think all the ladder jokes, roller coaster jokes, chair jokes and other nonsense that has wasted 3 pages of posts, is a bit more SPAMish than my original post.

I guess this is why I don't post more often here. Back to the shadows I go. Have fun with your ladder jokes. Perhaps you could just move all those posts into a new thread just dedicated to it, that way those of us that actually want to discuss the real topic, can go ahead and do so, and not waste our time reading the other mess.

-=BP

PS. On the topic of SPAM, I would consider people that post one line replies to a topic and include 13 lines of where they have stayed every visit to WDW more SPAM than anything else. Have a day.

meanmice

Originally posted by Coasterbp
I forget I was posting in the "Ladder Discussion" thread. And how does posting that something is happening, hurting? I think it helps, more so than the "The roller coaster will be controlled by Windows and the Blue Screen of Death will crash the coaster" comments. Come on now. Let's act a little more mature.
I'm not even sure why I'm trying to defend myself here, as I feel I didn't do anything wrong, or "against the grain", or "out of the customary." I think all the ladder jokes, roller coaster jokes, chair jokes and other nonsense that has wasted 3 pages of posts, is a bit more SPAMish than my original post.

-=BP

PS. On the topic of SPAM, I would consider people that post one line replies to a topic and include 13 lines of where they have stayed every visit to WDW more SPAM than anything else. Have a day.

Ok, before fist fights break out over this I have to say that the humor of those who post as well as their knowledge is why I read these boreds. Sometimes it is nice to foolishly guess at what is to come. Now I have have one thing left to say. With all this talk of a new ladder ride and kingdom and possily new park, whatever happened to the chair? will it get some sort of feature too?

Tim G

Originally posted by meanmice
Ok, before fist fights break out over this I have to say that the humor of those who post as well as their knowledge is why I read these boreds. Sometimes it is nice to foolishly guess at what is to come. Now I have have one thing left to say. With all this talk of a new ladder ride and kingdom and possily new park, whatever happened to the chair? will it get some sort of feature too?

It's not "the" chair... it's "MY" chair... and I took it back, it's on my front porch again, where it belongs...

MicBat

Originally posted by Coasterbp
All I was trying to do, was to actually provide some fact that yes, something is going on in this area of the park, and you'll probably hear an announcement in the near future.

As for switching my stories, and saying don't get your hopes up, but saying that it would change the area of the park drastically....let me clear that up. What I meant by don't get your hopes up was that it isn't a roller coaster, but it will be something that will change the area the park in a large way. Oh, I I loved to comment that all I was hurting and not helping. I forget I was posting in the "Ladder Discussion" thread. And how does posting that something is happening, hurting? I think it helps, more so than the "The roller coaster will be controlled by Windows and the Blue Screen of Death will crash the coaster" comments. Come on now. Let's act a little more mature.
Duuuude... I said it once, I'll say it again... It's all in the way you worded it! You made it sound as though you were trying to brag to us that you knew something we all didn't. No one here is against you or out to get you... They just didn't like the way you worded your post.
Have a sense of humor... It's all in good fun! :sohappy:
Not really SPAM, but breaking the rules... 5 lines or less please! :D

VILLAINSRULE

I am somewhat new, but still hope that people with inside info will keep us posted with whatever info they have, even if it is only a bit of a teaser.....I am just glad to know that they are at least doing SOMETHING at the parks..........as much as I love Disney, over the past few years they seem to have lost the focus and drive that marked the first decade of Eisner's rule........so please keep us posted, even if you cant tell us all the details!
Also, I am interested to know what WDW castmembers think of Jay Rasulo....does he have a "direction" that he is taking WDW to? or will he be like his predecessor and systematically dismantle the traditional, nostalgic rides that people knowledgable with Disney history place a great premium on? For example, what is the fate of the Carousel of Progress? .......So, thanks to the cm for the inside info, and please keep posting!

and also, I LOVE the humor too! This is a great website because of the combo of intelligent patter and humor!

ToTBellHop

Jay is clearly superior to Pressler, as Jay really seems to care about the parks, and is doing all he can to improve them. He and Eisner could do wonders together--they make a good team from the Parks and Resorts perspective...if they would just sell ABC already...it's gotten so bad, but that's neither here nor there (they have, what, four sit-coms now? pathetic...)

Don L Duck

I just want to say that I understood your post and there really is no reason for anyone to get bent out of shape.

I know you were trying to give everyone a heads up and to some it just came out wrong.

If I were you I wouldn't even worry about it just move on and kept posting.

Welcome aboard it's always great to have new members here.

One more thing never but never make fun of the Ladder and the Chair they are sacred Disney attractions :lol:

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Don L Duck
I just want to say that I understood your post and there really is no reason for anyone to get bent out of shape.

I know you were trying to give everyone a heads up and to some it just came out wrong.

If I were you I wouldn't even worry about it just move on and kept posting.

Welcome aboard it's always great to have new members here.

One more thing never but never make fun of the Ladder and the Chair they are sacred Disney attractions :lol:
agreed...don't take anything too seriously on these boards...most of us (as this thread shows) don't...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom