mexico ride

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by bearboysnc

Like Main Street Electrical Parade's "FINALE"?
The Parade they swore would never return?
The same parade that is now running at DCA with the EXACT same floats?
The Parade that DL sold commemorative light bulbs from the "ACTUAL" floats as keepsakes, so you'd own a little piece of history?

They'll be pulling Special Events, and lighted pins out of thin air as long as you keep buying them. Next year's pin will have 5 lights. The year after that it'll beep everytime you make a purchase...

Wow...YOU ARE SOOOO RIGHT!!!

I'm glad that YOU'VE NEVER made a purchase at WDW!!! Finally...there's someone OUT THERE!!! Yeah, it would be WISE to STOP BUYING WDW MERCHANDISE...THAT'LL HELP OUT THE PARKS!!! I suppose you don't like the fact that they kinda change things up every year with different celebrations and stuff so that it's not THE SAME EVERYTIME YOU GO!!! PULL ALL OF THE WDW MERCHANDISE OFF OF THE SHELVES!!! STUPID ME FOR PUTTING MY MONEY INTO SOMETHING THAT I LOVE...And Stupid ME for having an OPINION on the fact that I ACTUALLY ENJOY something that they do. I'm sorry, I shouldn't be dumb and actually "fall" for gimmick things...if we could ONLY be as smart and clever as you...

WE'D STILL ONLY HAVE THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!! If we even had that... (Where do you think most of the money comes from??? NOT ADMISSIONS!!!)

DisneyGal

Originally posted by bearboysnc

Like Main Street Electrical Parade's "FINALE"?
The Parade they swore would never return?
The same parade that is now running at DCA with the EXACT same floats?
The Parade that DL sold commemorative light bulbs from the "ACTUAL" floats as keepsakes, so you'd own a little piece of history?

They'll be pulling Special Events, and lighted pins out of thin air as long as you keep buying them. Next year's pin will have 5 lights. The year after that it'll beep everytime you make a purchase...

And you never purchase anything right? Everyone has their own opinion and just because someone likes something that you don't doesn't mean you should put them down. Just becuase you don't like the pins and think that they are a rip off doesn't mean that everyone shares that sentiment. I am proud to say that I bought all the pins and had a great time on the attractions watching them light up at caertain parts in the rides. That is part of the Disney magic, something you obviously lack!!!!

WDWFREAK53

That's right!!!

If you don't like the pins and think they are a waste of money and a ripoff...DON'T BUY THEM!

But DON'T CRITICIZE someone for LIKING SOMETHING!

My favorite attraction is the Haunted Mansion...if someone doesn't like it, I'm not gonna criticize them for it...IT'S THEIR OPINION!

figmentmom

I agree with you, Maria - I don't think Donald Duck reflects the Mexican culture at all, and therefore has no logical place in the pavilion!:( As a matter of fact, I don't think the Disney characters really belong in the World Showcase at all - after all, they're omnipresent just about everywhere else.

Guess I might feel differently, though, if my kids were still little, and I was trying to tour the World Showcase with bored children...spotting a character or two might possible ease the pain.:lol:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by figmentmom
I agree with you, Maria - I don't think Donald Duck reflects the Mexican culture at all, and therefore has no logical place in the pavilion!:( As a matter of fact, I don't think the Disney characters really belong in the World Showcase at all - after all, they're omnipresent just about everywhere else.

Guess I might feel differently, though, if my kids were still little, and I was trying to tour the World Showcase with bored children...spotting a character or two might possible ease the pain.:lol:

I don't know if they still do this or not but do the characters appear in World Showcase dressed up in the "traditional" country's garb? I remember that Goofy and the gang would show up dressed like Uncle Sam and stuff like that....Do they still do this? (Oh and don't you think that if every country had a WELL done attraction (even if it was a little one), it would make the kids WANT to dive deeper into the Showcase? Even if it was something small like El Rio De Tiempo.

kaos

Originally posted by figmentmom

I agree, but only to a point. I would have loved to see the Three Caballeros in the boat ride... the Mexican government did, after all, help foot the bill for that film.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by kaos

I agree, but only to a point. I would have loved to see the Three Caballeros in the boat ride... the Mexican government did, after all, help foot the bill for that film.

True...but I can see where Maria is coming from...maybe if they just had some merchandise in the marketplace...but I wouldn't want to see them plastered all over the place...

kaos

on a recent trip.. I think November 2001, the Three Cabellero's were there in sarapi's and sombrero's. Donald, Jose and darn it all the rooster's name escapes me right now... Was it Pepe?

It's my favorite film... wow, must be the nutra-sweet

JUST REMEMBERED!!!

It was Ponchito!!

phew==== :hammer:

durhay

40 blinking lights in El RIO? That's a lot of pieces of flair to wear.
EL RIO is a great place to kill time while waiting for the fireworks to start.

steamboatwillie

Hey, since the Main Street Electrical Parade has creeped into this thread, I thought it might be a good time to ask a question that's been bugging me for awhile. I bought one of the MSEP lights back in 1996. They claim them to be the originals, and I was wondering if anyone here can support that that is true. Thanks!

TiggersPooh

Originally posted by TravisM
Mexico is probably one of my favorite pavillion. I love the inside Market. I haven;t eaten in the restaurant, any suggestions on what to get?

I ate dinner there about a week ago!! I am not a big fan of Mexican food so I dont know why I did!! The only reason I ate there was b/c I was getting sick of pizza and burgers!! I just had the nacho!!! There were good but it was A LOT of food!! Just my thought!!

TiggersPooh

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Hey...don't forget!!! Those cool new pins for the 100 years of magic (the interactive light-up ones) GO CRAZY IN THIS ATTRACTION!!! In the marketplace area they all blink red and in the final scene with the fireworks...they GO CRAZY!!!

ADDS a lot more excitement to it!!! (Too bad it'll only last a year :( )

I noticed that!! It was going CRAZY!!!! Does anyone know how to make the lights work after you leave Disney? I know if you rub them they blink!! But they dont blink like they did at the parks. So can anyone tell me how to make them go crazy again???? THANKS

Luau Cove

Originally posted by TiggersPooh

I ate dinner there about a week ago!! I am not a big fan of Mexican food so I dont know why I did!! The only reason I ate there was b/c I was getting sick of pizza and burgers!! I just had the nacho!!! There were good but it was A LOT of food!! Just my thought!!

There's more than food in San Angel Inn. It's the charm, it's the romantic atmosphere you can sense in the air. Definetely, it's a must if you travel with your couple.

-->LUAU

disneyfamily

Thank God I found this thread, my wife and I were going insane trying to remember the words. I dont know how old this thread is but, thanks to whom ever started it.

Ringo8n24

Luau Cove said:
There's more than food in San Angel Inn. It's the charm, it's the romantic atmosphere you can sense in the air. Definetely, it's a must if you travel with your couple.

-->LUAU

Also unknown to lots of people, they make one of the best steaks at WDW. :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom