mexico ride

tiggerlover1971

Original Poster
I was wondering the song in the mexico ride is that its a small world in spanish My husband said it was but i just dont know. I know this is probably a dumb question i was just thinking about it

DisJosh

Your husband couldn't be more wrong. :p

The ride is called El Rio del Tiemp or River of Time....I don't exactly think "it's a small world" would fit in as a theme song. :)

I forgot the name of the song in the attraction but I'm sure I'll come across it sooner or later...

DisJosh

Ok...I found the titeles of the two songs in the ride and the lyrics just to reasure your husband. :D

VISTAS DE MEXICO
Lyrics by F.X. Atencio and music by Armando Corral

Welcome mis amigos
To friendly Mexico.
To the last of fiestas
They're everywhere you go.

Listen to marimbas
And mariachis, too.
Playing Latin rhythm
And serenading you.

Come join the crowd.
The music's good and loud.
The air is full of song.
So come and sing along.

Because in Mexico,
When people smile at you,
There's just one thing to do:
You join the fiesta, too.

FIESTAS IN MEXICO
Lyrics by F.X. Atencio and music by Armando Corral

So long, happy people.
We hate to see you go.
Hurry back, amigos
To friendly Mexico.

Come on back to Taxco,
To Acupulco, too.
Pretty senioritas
And charros wait for you.

We'll meet again
In tropical Cancun,
In charming Mazatlan,
Or maybe in Tulum.

Because in Mexico,
When folks meet now and then,
They never say "goodbye."
It's "'til we meet again."

Luau Cove

So in that lyrics...where's the part that says "Que lindo es mexico, que lindo es mexico..." which is the chorus and most repeated part of the song in the ride???

-->LUAU

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
And just in case you haven't ever picked up on what they're REALLY saying when they sing, here are the lyrics that you'll remember...

"La, lalalalalala, lalalalalalala, lalalalalal, la, la, la, lalalala..."
--repeat a few hundred times to the music

:lol: :animwink: :D

DisJosh

Originally posted by Luau Cove
So in that lyrics...where's the part that says "Que lindo es mexico, que lindo es mexico..." which is the chorus and most repeated part of the song in the ride???

-->LUAU

I don't know Luau...I don't have the song memorized. Can you say cut and paste? :p

Maria

I worked in there for two loooooooooong months.... listenning to that song 10 hours a day...... :hammer:

It is Josh´s lyrics, you are right, but to be honest with you, I never understood it when listenning to it. Only some little parts of it... *shrugs*

:animwink:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Yeah, some may think it's boring... I personally love it! :D Because it's hidden and not a lot of people take the time to go hunting for it, there is hardly ever more than a 15 second wait (the amount of time it takes for the next boat to come up to the loading area). I don't know, it may sound stupid, but because there is never a wait, I feel like I know a secret that all those other people running around outside the mexican pavilion don't know. My family and I ride it over and over and over again. It's a good way to break up a hot, busy day at Epcot. :) :) :)

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by DisJosh

LOL I like the song too and the ride...don't know why either. :D

me too! that's always been my favorite ride in World Showcase...out of what very few there are. i'm not sure i really know why either...but that never matters to me much...just as long as i know i like it or don't like it....why is hardly ever the issue with me! :)

Maria

It is a cute ride for me.... needs some updating, but I think it is cute. I like the scenography in there, really looks like Mexico. The whole Plaza de los Amigos is sooo well done! Looks like a real colonial city plaza! :sohappy:

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by Maria
It is Josh´s lyrics, you are right, but to be honest with you, I never understood it when listenning to it. Only some little parts of it... *shrugs*

:animwink:

That makes me feel so much better about not being able to make out much more than the La La La parts.:sohappy:

Becky

:sohappy:

I love the ride. I love the music. I love Disney music.:)

Disney is great at creating songs and music that stick to your brain.

I am not a big fan of the Small World ride, although I ride it every visit, but I find myself singing or humming it over and over.

Try to get the music from El Rio Del Tiemp, Tapestry, It's a Small World or Splash Mountain out of your mind, you can't do it. And would you really want to.

I love El Rio Del Tiemp. I love Mexico. I love Walt Disney World.

:king:

moonchild

I agree with Maria. it was a cutw ride. You can watch all the diners at one part in the ride ( it made me hungry). Our boat got stuck for about 10 min. right at the market part of the ride. That got a bit annoying. I wish we had more time to spend with each country and the attractions there. ..........There is always next time! 165 days ! :sohappy:

DisneyGal

It's a very relaxing ride, but the song can definitely get to you after awhile. Especially when you are with someone who LOVES the ride and wants to go on it continuously!! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom