News Mexican fine dining restaurant, Rosa Mexicano, coming to the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin in early 2023

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Gonna go step by step on this one

I think you underestimate the need for a very good Mexican restaurant in the Epcot resort area.
I don't, in fact I agree that there needs to be more. But Rosa Mexicano is NOT even a good Mexican restaurant, must less a "very good" one.

We pretty much stay at the Swan/Swan Reserve for all of our trips and my wife and I are very excited to try this one out having not eaten at any of their current restaurants.
Go in with realistic expectations then. I'm not joking when I call it an elevated Chilis.

Like others have said, this isn't anything new, 3rd parties have been around for decades now, particularly in these non-Disney owned resorts.
I'm not the one that has an issues with third parties. My issue is that Rosa Mexicano is just not that good. I'd argue that a well-run Chipotle franchise is a better place to eat at than Rosa Mexicano.

FettFan

Can you imagine a Starbucks on Main Street USA? That would be horrible!

I actually forgot Starbucks was a thing, seeing as how they serve the arguably worst coffee in the USA thanks to their scorched-bean policy.

Like you’re drinking a nice hot cup of Donny.

The Big Lebowski Death GIF by Working Title

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

I don't, in fact I agree that there needs to be more. But Rosa Mexicano is NOT even a good Mexican restaurant, must less a "very good" one.

Go in with realistic expectations then. I'm not joking when I call it an elevated Chilis.

I'm not the one that has an issues with third parties. My issue is that Rosa Mexicano is just not that good. I'd argue that a well-run Chipotle franchise is a better place to eat at than Rosa Mexicano.
So you're saying you don't like Rosa Mexicano? ;)

Perfectly fine, that is your opinion, but having not eaten there before, I am excited to try something new. Surely you can see that people might be interested in this restaurant from a person in my point of view right?

JusticeDisney

It goes without saying that you are entitled to whatever opinion you may have. That said, whether you are intending this or not, you are coming across as someone who is insistent that everyone else must share your view of this restaurant. I mean, we get it, you think this new place is no better than Chili's - we heard you the first 497 times you made such a post. As for whether you maintain any credibility by comparing Rosa to glorified fast food joints, I will leave that to the other members of this forum to decide, although I trust I already know what they think in that regard.

FettFan

Not to mention, some of Epcot’s most cherished restaurants are owned by “chains”
-Every restaurant in the Italian Pavilion
-Every restaurant in the Japan Pavilion
-Chefs De France
-Mr. Paul
-Space 220

You’re kidding…Teppan Edo is a member of the chain gang?

Im Going To Cry Its Been Fun GIF by AnimatedText

Epcot82Guy

Wait…they’re putting a CHAIN restaurant into a Disney resort?!

Is this not a blasphemy?

What next, Sbarro Pizza coming to Boardwalk?

The Office Pizza GIF by Danny Chang

Actually, this isn't a Disney resort. This is Swan and Dolphin, which are all Marriott properties. And, you already have small-group chains like Il Mulino and Shulas. At one point, I know Atlanta had each of these along with a Rosa Mexicana. It's a different place - like Disney Springs is a different place.

And, BTW, Big River Grille is also a chain (or second outpost) as is Cake Bake Shop. So, the Boardwalk already has chains. And, no, I don't think it's a problem in that context.

Putting these into one of the 4 parks - ala Rainforest at DAK (and Yak and Yeti, had it actually taken off as the chain being considered) - creates more concern.

EDIT: And I'm not concerned about the idea here at all. Rather, it's just not a very good quality restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom