News Mexican fine dining restaurant, Rosa Mexicano, coming to the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin in early 2023

fireworkz

I’m interested to see if this will result in changes at Picabu. Will they be dropping the tacos and burritos there with this restaurant opening? It’s only just down the hall and would be cheaper than Rosa

fireworkz

The choice of does Mexican work is a much more fundamental question, it be a solo site place, an upscale chain, or chevy's. That question I am not sure demographic wise if its a good fit or not, but on property they already have Steak House covered, the have Italian covered, and moder/fusion covered, so going with another separate offering i can see being a good choice from a marketing perspective. Arguably you could have gone with an Asian themed or even seafood type place, but I don't see Mexican being all that big of a disadvantage.

As to unique vs chain, I am not sure of the benefits of going the totally unique route. What is the reason that WDW would want a restaurant at one of their resorts that people wouldn't got to in other cities/tourist locations? Disney has their character/themed dining experiences that serve this type of experience. I wouldn't go to a restaurant in NYC that has a bunch of furries hanging around and interacting with guests, but we will do that at Disney bc its the Disney characters we know and love. But here we are talking about a restaurant within a Hotel Space, and a non Disney Hotel at that. This is the Hotel that Bonvoy members spend their points on, and that conventioneers will be at. If anything for that demographic I want restaurants that people have a sense of familiarity with. We did Don Shulas on our trip to Chicago, it was great, lets eat there type of decision making. For anyone going with a family, especially with young kids, when we are sitting down after a long day at park, we aren't looking for a "Unique" restaurant experience just hoping all of us, and the kids will like.
They do have seafood with bluezoo and Japanese with Kimonos. So Mexican was the one thing sort of missing. As Picabu sort of covered that, but it is a cafeteria. ;)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Yup, we heard you the first time.

comedy central season 6 episode 7 GIF by Workaholics

FettFan

I'm very torn by this. I absolutely love the idea. But, Rosa Mexicano just isn't very good. I've been to 3 of them, all with the same results (and reviews at them suggest it's not any better these days). It's been a few years at this point, so I'm hoping they can get better quality going - as the concept is spot on. I'm just concerned with this chain specifically.

Wait…they’re putting a CHAIN restaurant into a Disney resort?!

Is this not a blasphemy?

What next, Sbarro Pizza coming to Boardwalk?

The Office Pizza GIF by Danny Chang

JusticeDisney

I honestly just don't see the big deal or why there's any level of excitement as Rosa Mexicano. I've eaten at 3 of their locations (first one voluntarily, next two dragged to), and was completely whelmed at the food/drink, and completely disappointed by the prices.
Yeah, you might be right. Of course, saying it’s the equivalent of Chili’s is absurd. Then again, to each his/her own.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I honestly just don't see the big deal or why there's any level of excitement as Rosa Mexicano. I've eaten at 3 of their locations (first one voluntarily, next two dragged to), and was completely whelmed at the food/drink, and completely disappointed by the prices.
I think you underestimate the need for a very good Mexican restaurant in the Epcot resort area. We pretty much stay at the Swan/Swan Reserve for all of our trips and my wife and I are very excited to try this one out having not eaten at any of their current restaurants.

Not sure why some folks take issue with 3rd parties operating restaurant space around the World. Like others have said, this isn't anything new, 3rd parties have been around for decades now, particularly in these non-Disney owned resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom