Quote:
Originally Posted by TBAAFAN
I actually like that idea.

Perhaps something like this.
house1.jpg

house3.jpg

house2.jpg

Where is this place located, what is it? Very cool:cool:

It's Bruce Wayne's penthouse in the upcoming movie The Dark Knight (The sequel to Batman Begins).

Figment82

Here are the photos from today, no changes to the porcupine quills (as I call the star supports) but the wand stump is almost non-existant:

1207562245_a936a05558.jpg

1208426714_52aa909d12.jpg

1208429208_8cc1289ca7.jpg

1207572081_7c8f992213.jpg

1208434998_0317db5342.jpg

jt04

It's Bruce Wayne's penthouse in the upcoming movie The Dark Knight (The sequel to Batman Begins).

Well that would explain the secret door in the fireplace that obviously leads to a batcave

Edit: you were not kidding, that really is a movie set. I looked it up. Can't wait to see the movie. They finally got the Batman series right. No doubt about it.

Turcicus

Thanks for the pics, Merf. Do they also plan on cleaning the surface of SSE? There are some super dirty areas visible in some of your pics.

And to the FiOS tech - your service rocks!! I've had it for quite a while now and can't think of living without it. Verizon got it right!

plpeters70

Thanks for the pics merf and figment - Spaceship Earth looks wonderful!! I can't wait until October 1st when I can see it in person again!!!

Oh, and I have to say - I hate the design of that new store - why does everything have to have Mickey on it - enough is enough!!! You know, once upon a time not everything at WDW had to have Mickey attached to it. Can we please go back to those days...

DisneyJill

Great pics! Since I spent 6 grueling months at the Contemporary, I always like to see what's changing/being added there. Having said that-not a fan of that new gift shop. My take on the whole remodel is that it was supposed to be sleek, modern, and convention friendly. Moving AWAY from the colorful, look-at-me-Mickey stuff. So, I think that concept with the giant glass Mickey head entrance would have fit better in the old 4th Floor Concourse concept, honestly. I dunno. Maybe with Chef Mickey's still there and taking over with a vengence, it'll fit. :shrug:

Either way, thanks for sharing. :wave:

Pongo

Great photos, merf. Thanks.

Just as a tip, to take better pictures of the concept art and other photos behind glass, try putting the camera at more of an angle. The dimensions will be a little different, but at least there won't be a glare. Hopefully.

NewfieFan

and I like the design for the contemporary store too! I personally don't think that there is enough Mickey in some of the resorts and this new store design incorporates Mickey very tastefully. Wand=not tasteful. Classic Mickey entrance way=tasteful.

I gotta agree here. I liked the Mickey entrance when I first saw it - I don't think it's tacky at all. A silhouette of Mickey's head is not going to take away from the "contempory" feel of the hotel. Really folks, if we don't like "in your face" Disney or Mickey than maybe we should pick a resort off site!:)

TestTrack

I gotta agree here. I liked the Mickey entrance when I first saw it - I don't think it's tacky at all. A silhouette of Mickey's head is not going to take away from the "contempory" feel of the hotel. Really folks, if we don't like "in your face" Disney or Mickey than maybe we should pick a resort off site!:)

I have mixed feelings about it. But overall positive. I like how they are sticking with the "open" theme. Chef mickeys..no ceiling...concourse...no ceiling...new store...no ceiling.

The mickey head is a bit dramatic for the resort. However, it IS done in a contemporary way. The bent metal is very artsy. Now if they had put a mickey head with eyes and such...that would have been very carnival-y

slacker

This is going to sound weird, but i was at Epcot on the 21st. I was in the Land pavillion, i had just entered it and i could have sworn i heard someone say "you lead the way merf". I thought it was you, but having no knowledge of who you are or what you look like, I didn't do anything. Now i know it must have been!! Yeah, told you it was weird, but still, I had to say something.

jt04

This is going to sound weird, but i was at Epcot on the 21st. I was in the Land pavillion, i had just entered it and i could have sworn i heard someone say "you lead the way merf". I thought it was you, but having no knowledge of who you are or what you look like, I didn't do anything. Now i know it must have been!! Yeah, told you it was weird, but still, I had to say something.

Merf is everywhere! Last time I saw him he was hanging off a balcony at the Contemporary taking pictures........or something:shrug: .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom