MerfCot and the Merftempory Resort 8/21

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The scary part.. i was at Epcot alone and never set foot inside the Land.

Now, having seen me hanging off the balcony at Contemporary - entirely possible.

dixiegirl

I sang the SSE theme while i took these photos.

augepcont43.jpg

Doo-doo, dooty-doot-doo-doo, doot-doot-dooo!

augepcont44.jpg

And so on and so forth...

augepcont45.jpg

The bright spot is actually the moon, but i didn't realize it was in the frame until i lost my prime trash-can tripod spot :(

augepcont46.jpg

Oh well, it's all still pretty. From the parking lot..

augepcont48.jpg

And i think that's it. Fun day at Epcot :)

one word......GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

diddy_mouse

Thanks to Merf and Figment for posting pics! I'm so glad to hear that the wand stump is gone!! :sohappy: Oh and I totally put on the SSE music when I saw those night shots....oooh so pretty :eek:

As for the Contemporary changes...I'm not sure what to think about the new store. I like the open-ness the the 4th floor has, what with the monorail concourse and all, but I'm not too fond of the large Mickey ears flanking both ends of the shop. :shrug: I guess they are trying to play up the Disney theming on the resort. However the lobby looks to be an improvement. Although I did think "Hmm, kinda looks like a nice airport" when I say the concept art. :lol:

Thanks again for sharing the pictures!!

DisneyJill

I would say, to whoever asked earlier (sorry, it was like 8 pages ago...), that the walls of the new gift shop have been added to the design to deter theft. Less open space...less walking merchandise. Just a thought.

MrBug

Back to Epcot, and at the tram-unloading area they're missing a light pole. A small plant effectively replaces it.. I totally couldn't tell.
:ROFLOL:
What are the blue shapes at the sides of the store supposed to be, anyone know (or care)? I've never been in the Contemporary (well excluding monorail pass-thru) but I think I could like the big ears if construction material is not too huge...

MinnieSummer

Those photos of SSE brought tears to my eyes. They are beautiful. Even the LaL area looks beautiful now that the wand is gone. I may not feel that way when I see it in person in 27 days.

The store in the contemporary would be a whole lot better without the things on the sides. Really, if you look at it without those, the Ears don't look bad -- they actually help with the open, airy feeling of the area. However, those big blue things sticking up on each side make the whole area look really tacky.

wedway71

Great pics....
I wonder if the Ice Cream signage at Fountain View is the permanent sign.
It looks more like a temp banner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom