MerfCot and the Merftempory Resort 8/21

My guess is that they'll be removing the "stubble" from SSE and repairing/replacing the damaged tiles. There was a comment in another thread that the crane is expected to be removed at the end of the week. My guess is that the wand stump is short enough that they can take the rest of it down with ground-based man-aboard lifts and/or a much smaller crane.

-Rob

Thanks for the info Rob! I thought they would need the big crane to remove the Oaks, and place the plams!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Answering a question..

The front entrance is supposed to get a redesign in general with new railings and directions of crowd flow and such. Permits were filed a long time ago but nothing has come from it yet.

tirian

Interesting, thats the complete opposite from what I've been hearing...

The original round of parties was nearly a failure. Disney believes this will work, so they're trying it again. BTW, have you attended a PPP? Pretty much every attraction is a walk-on. It's nice!

Merf, great photos as always. :sohappy:

maui2k7

Great pics Merf! Can't wait to see SE in person when my wife and I head back to WDW in December.

SE looks great except for one thing... I think one of the most annoying things about the Leave a Legacy are what they put on the legs of SE - that looks tacky. I think I would rather the Canopies go next than LAL, but either one gone would be a plus. One at a time!

Thanks for the photos!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The original round of parties was nearly a failure. Disney believes this will work, so they're trying it again. BTW, have you attended a PPP? Pretty much every attraction is a walk-on. It's nice!

Merf, great photos as always. :sohappy:

There's a major push to sell on-site to guests, because pre-sales have floundered. The events are reportedly getting fewer folks then the ones earlier this year, with some nights below 5,000 guests.

All the ticket sale locations now have these pirate hat/princess crown Burger King crown style things to give to kids that advertise the parties. They're getting desperate.

tirian

I want to see your hat. I might have to run over to the Centorium—I mean Mouse Gear—to get one.

p.s. Don't shoot me, folks. LAL looks great at night with a wand-less SSE!

I'd rather see the canopies removed first.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thi is Figment82's pic of the hat from the retro-shirt thread:

n19303205_30786830_3603.jpg

I saw at least 4 other people wearing them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom