Merf chooses to Go! (M:S Green)

MrNonacho

Premium Member
bassman said:
thats not what i heard,
a CM told me last year that it was toned down about a year ago,i think he said it went from something like 5 Gs to 3/4 Gs or something like that.

100 percent false. Before Friday, if you rode M:S, you rode the same version that was there opening day.

bassman

MrNonacho said:
100 percent false. Before Friday, if you rode M:S, you rode the same version that was there opening day.

are you sure,the CM was adamant that they had toned it down.
wot do you mean before friday,on a friday is it calmer or something.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
bassman said:
are you sure,the CM was adamant that they had toned it down.
wot do you mean before friday,on a friday is it calmer or something.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure...

Friday was when they started offering the toned down version.

bassman

MrNonacho said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure...

Friday was when they started offering the toned down version.

:veryconfuok now im confused, so as of last friday the ride has been toned down,is that right?.or is it that only on fridays is the ride toned down?:veryconfu
sorry to be dumb but i am now totally confused:eek:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
bassman said:
:veryconfuok now im confused, so as of last friday the ride has been toned down,is that right?.or is it that only on fridays is the ride toned down?:veryconfu
sorry to be dumb but i am now totally confused:eek:

You just broke my brain. Friday is when they started offering the choice. You know, the whole subject of this very thread.

bassman

MrNonacho said:
You just broke my brain. Friday is when they started offering the choice. You know, the whole subject of this very thread.

a ha now i get it,damn me and my tiny mind:brick::brick::brick::hammer::hammer::hammer:
thanks, i could lend you some tape to fix your brain if you want.

OliveMcFly

WOW...I am glad that they kept the old version cause there are people that know what they can handle and enjoy it. I just hope that people use common sense and pick the right version now.

Kadee

I, for one, am thrilled that they have the "Green" side, now. I get very motion sick (The Teacups make me ill) and just could not bring myself to ride M:S. I LOVE space and really wanted to ride it. Now, I can!:sohappy: I am so excited about trying the green side. I'm glad they kept the original version. My husband and daughter LOVE those spinning thrill rides (they are the reason I get sick on the Teacups....they both gang up on me and spin it really fast :hurl: ), so they can ride orange while I ride green!

Honestly, I don't know which to choose. I'd really like to go on the "Orange" first, just to test it out, but maybe only at night or the end of our stay at Epcot -- mainly because of the fact that there isn't worse feeling than standing in a line feeling sick, or, in my case kneeling at the mouth of a toilet the rest of the day.

eclipseSD

brertigger said:
Ideally, how many G's are you thinking of them increasing it to during this thrill hour?

From what I can see, Mission: Space in its "orange" form has a maximum of 2.5 sustained G's. Boost that up to maybe 5 (which is RnRc's non-sustained maximum g-force level) and I think the experience would rival that of any thrill ride in the state and ideally emulate the astronaut training experience.

Of course, I think a five or six hour fast before going on a ride with 5 G's would be the minimal to ensure that the M:S exit doesn't look like a syrup of Ipecac convention.

SirNim

I just tried out the new Green version last night...

Surprisingly, I found that many of the same sensations are present. That is, to my amazement, it seems that the general spinning does not have a direct impact on most parts of the attraction. Of course, the g-forces give a great boost to the blastoff and Mars descent. Indeed, for these two segments of the attraction, it's almost as though Green is a regular, flat 2-D film and Orange is the 3-D special-effects-laden version. But beyond these two segments, I'd be hard pressed to say that Green is a significantly less intense experience. (Orange isn't that intense to begin with, so...)

bassman

eclipseSD said:
From what I can see, Mission: Space in its "orange" form has a maximum of 2.5 sustained G's. Boost that up to maybe 5 (which is RnRc's non-sustained maximum g-force level) and I think the experience would rival that of any thrill ride in the state and ideally emulate the astronaut training experience.

i agree with this,maybe not 5 Gs but definatly 4/4.5 Gs thats what i want, but dont just make it a thrill hour thing as suggested before but change it permenantly to this.
oh and BTW,2.5 Gs i9s that all it is wow you could have fooled me it feels so much more intense than RnRC to me.

Pete C

bassman said:
i agree with this,maybe not 5 Gs but definatly 4/4.5 Gs thats what i want, but dont just make it a thrill hour thing as suggested before but change it permenantly to this.
oh and BTW,2.5 Gs i9s that all it is wow you could have fooled me it feels so much more intense than RnRC to me.

4.5 sustained Gs? Do you realize how many people would be blacking out on this ride? No coaster in the world sustains that level of G force for over a couple seconds max.

jmvd20

bassman said:

Are we talking sustained G's here? Beyond 4 g's your heart can not generate enough pressure for the blood to reach your brain which is what causes dizziness, black outs etc... On a ride like RnR the G forces you experience do not last very long but they do last a while on M:S.

I have no idea of the exact numbers but I doubt there are many people who could handle any sort of sustained G's around 4. I sure as heck would be bypassing that ride :wave:

SpongeScott

SirNim said:
I just tried out the new Green version last night...

Surprisingly, I found that many of the same sensations are present. That is, to my amazement, it seems that the general spinning does not have a direct impact on most parts of the attraction. Of course, the g-forces give a great boost to the blastoff and Mars descent. Indeed, for these two segments of the attraction, it's almost as though Green is a regular, flat 2-D film and Orange is the 3-D special-effects-laden version. But beyond these two segments, I'd be hard pressed to say that Green is a significantly less intense experience. (Orange isn't that intense to begin with, so...)
Exactly! Glad I'm not the only one who feels the exact same way.

eclipseSD

Well, my position on G-force is sorta like Seinfeld's joke about medicine:

"I want the maximum strength! Take the amount that can kill me...and bring it down a little from there."

Damien666

You know, looking into it more I think Disney did the right thing. ^_^

Will I go on Green? Probably not since I've been on the original 15 times.(14 in one day!) But at least the people that really can't take spinning can still have fun on green.:sohappy:

JeffH

We loved it!!!

I thought it was great to experience this ride without getting sick:hurl:
My daughter now has a favorite ride:) , instead of a ride to be afraid of and avoid.
And I'm happy to be able to have her riding it without fear of her (or me) dying:eek:

WDWGuide

Just got back and haven't read the thread, but I want to go ahead and state that it was "surprisingly good". While the high-thrill sequences obviously were not nearly as intense as the orange versions, they did capture the essence of the sensation adequately for those who cannot ride the original.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom