Merf chooses to Go! (M:S Green)

SpongeScott

Timothy Q Mouse said:
I probably just missed this info somewhere :lol: , but has there been a change in height requirement for the green version?
didn't say anything and I don't think there would be. To me, the harnesses can into play more on green than orange, so the height requirement should not be changed.

TTATraveler

Thanks for the updates Merf! I am glad that they now the new version. If it is as smooth as Soaring is that is great news for both Epcot and those who suffer from motion sickness. It's a shame that the attraction couldn't open in this new format and instead had to receive negative publicity.

Miss Bell

My husband is going to be so happy that the green side is open. We rode during soft opening, and he got soooo sick. He had been waiting so long for this ride, the fact that he was never going to be able to ride again was a huge disappointment. My daughter & I, on the other hand, love this ride as is. I guess we'll see the difference in two weeks!!!!

CTXRover

I think this is a wonderful idea and I'm glad to hear the implementation of the "less intense" version seems to be well-thought out and creating a fun ride experience. There aren't too many true thrill rides out there that can provide alternative experiences of high quality.

I imagine that more people will tend to opt for the less intense version, especially if they have little kids in their families. They have done an excellent job re-establishing the warnings once again and there is no excuse for someone saying "I didn't know" about the intensity of Mission:Space. My only concern is that the warnings have come to a point where I fear less and less people will now be willing to even give the intense version a real chance and experience what Mission:Space was originally really about. Maybe not though...perhaps it will raise even more interest in the intense version.

dxwwf3

CTXRover said:
My only concern is that the warnings have come to a point where I fear less and less people will now be willing to even give the intense version a real chance and experience what Mission:Space was originally really about.

That is my concern as well. It's no secret that I find the orange version to be a somewhat tame Disney thrill ride. And I just don't want people that would REALLY enjoy orange to get too nervous and go with green and end up not liking it. And then they don't have enough time to try orange because of wait times and whatnot. It's such a shame that the warnings have to be exaggerated so much, but I can't blame Disney for telling the CM's to do this one bit.

BTW, Go Big Orange!

Pabgo

dxwwf3 said:
That is my concern as well. It's no secret that I find the orange version to be a somewhat tame Disney thrill ride. And I just don't want people that would REALLY enjoy orange to get too nervous and go with green and end up not liking it. And then they don't have enough time to try orange because of wait times and whatnot. It's such a shame that the warnings have to be exaggerated so much, but I can't blame Disney for telling the CM's to do this one bit.

BTW, Go Big Orange!

I think you got it mixed up. Orange is the intense version, and green is the less intense version. Correct me if I'm wrong.

AndyP

biggbird5182 said:
I think you got it mixed up. Orange is the intense version, and green is the less intense version. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope, I think dxwwf3 finds the original version tame. I wouldn't myself call it 'intense' but I still find it thrilling.

dxwwf3

AndyP said:
Nope, I think dxwwf3 finds the original version tame.

Yep :wave:

I mean I still like it, but the warnings usually make me laugh. I think I could fall asleep on M:S at this point ;)

sydsmom1997

Im glad to hear the new version is up and running. My 8 year old DD loves space, but in no way was I going to take her on orange on our next trip to the world. This option is good for those of us that are "big chickens" but still want to experience some of the thrill! Thanks for the update. I look forward to green in August.

bassman

MrNonacho said:
Guests have really reacted positively to the green profile, and everything was fairly smooth on the CMs' end. The biggest issue is the launch tickets. They are not going to last long at all. They're just thin sheets of paper, so you'll only get a few uses out of them at the most. And just wait until it rains...

maybe im being dumb but what are these 'launch tickets' you mentioned
and also where did you get your avatar, i want it

SpongeScott

bassman said:
When you get in line, you are given either a green ticket or an orange ticket, depending on which ride you want to take. You get in the corresponding color's line and then you hand in your ticket before you board. Given the fast wear-and-tear on the ticket, I'm sure they will come up with something else later.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
bassman said:

Everyone entering the attraction must have a launch ticket for their desired intensity.

The back of the green ticket is the same as the back of the orange ticket.

I made my avatar. I had it before it was cool. :p

Edit: They measure 4" by 9", the size of a Times Guide.

Epcot82Guy

Are the tickets going to be a permanent part, or will they start to phase out as people get used to the dual ride system? I guess I could see a better marked entry way serving a similar purpose along with a more "colored" queue area. I am glad to hear this is being successful, though.

Merf, for a first timer, would you suggest Green or ORange first?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom