Merf chooses to Go! (M:S Green)

SGT623

I was also in the parks today and when I went over to MS, the green line was 4 times as long as orange. It was right around closing time. The cast members out front were making orange sound pretty rough too. Of course, I still went orange.

Neptune

As usual, I come upon another update of yours and I'm completely filled in! Thanks for the updates, I love them each time!

I'll have to try M:S Green when I go next year. Too bad it's gonna be old news by then. :lol:

Pete C

Wow, this is really great news. I did the original ride, and I really enjoyed the intensity level...however the spinning on the launch almost seemed to make the screen twist in front of my eyes. That's the only way I can describe it. A weird sensation to say the least. After it was over, I wasn't exactly right for a few hours. Not sick per se, but the feeling was not one I wanted to repeat. I was not even sure that I was going to ride it again on my next visit in a couple weeks. I was on the fence. However, now I am looking forward to my visit more than ever! I'm going green! If this adds up to M:S becoming the star attraction that it was always supposed to be with the public, we really have to give it up for the imagineers. The great thing about it all is that fans of the original lose nothing besides the short line, and in reality a short line is not a good thing in the grand scheme of things.

jmvd20

Today, during Epcots EMH they had 2 bays on green and 2 on orange. The green line was 35 minutes (actual) and the posted time on orange was 10 although when I rode it I walked straight into the pre-flight movie.

dxwwf3

It sounds like they might have to stick to the 2-2 split. And as long as the Orange lines never get too out of control, I would hope they stick to that.

jmvd20

dxwwf3 said:
It sounds like they might have to stick to the 2-2 split. And as long as the Orange lines never get too out of control, I would hope they stick to that.

A CM that I talked to said that in terms of switching the bays from one version to another does not take long at all in terms of the controls. However she did say that it takes some time to make sure everyone knows the bays are being switched to avoid confusion and people going on the wrong version.

Today they had the bays on the right seperated from the ones on the left by a temporary que strap thingy (best description I can give :veryconfu ). But from what she said they can pretty much switch them around at any time based on the demand.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Whew, what a day! I just got back home. For a first day, everything went very, very smoothly. Coming in this morning and checking out all the new stuff that got put in overnight was really something. All new warning signs and entrance signs, and intensity-specific warning and preshow videos (yes, they did get the original actress back to record a few new voiceover lines). Dispatch is a bit dark and gloomy, as the colored LEDs and color coded signs (Gold/Blue/Red/Green) are all gone. Was anyone here in the first few groups to go Green? If so, I was the one loading you into the Ready Room.

Guests have really reacted positively to the green profile, and everything was fairly smooth on the CMs' end. The biggest issue is the launch tickets. They are not going to last long at all. They're just thin sheets of paper, so you'll only get a few uses out of them at the most. And just wait until it rains...

Bays 1 & 2 are the non-spinning bays, and 3 & 4 are the spinning bays. Only Bay 1 was running on the green side, and even then the wait time didn't get too out of hand. Orange is definitely more popular, but that may change as the word spreads.

I'm feeling really good about this whole thing right now, after dreading it for some time. There are definitely some kinks to work out, but I think M:S has a new lease on life. Our attendance today was far beyond what we've been seeing recently.

MinnieMommy

Merf,
Thank you for all of your updates! I am so excited to hear the Green version is something worthwhile! I really wanted to ride M:S, but I am one of those people who has health issues and I wasn't going to chance it! DH wanted to ride too, but I said no, just in case! Now, we will both be able to ride with me free of worry about health or becoming a widow!! HURRAY!! :sohappy:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
And now everyone can show their avatar support:

Green Team:

greenteam3.gif

Url: http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1179349/greenteam3.gif

Orange Team:

orangeteam3.gif

Url: http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1179349/orangeteam3.gif

Sledge

Account Suspended
Great! Now I'll be able to get the wuss on M:S.

(Yo Michael, Stacy has a mild seizure today. She's back to 100% health though so it's all good, but it skerd the crap out of me.)

CaptainMichael

Sledge said:
Great! Now I'll be able to get the wuss on M:S.

(Yo Michael, Stacy has a mild seizure today. She's back to 100% health though so it's all good, but it skerd the crap out of me.)
Wow! I'm glad she is okay. I'm really ticked off that Maxim put her at 5 on the Hot 100 list. She deserves to be #1.

Sledge

Account Suspended
STR8FAN2005 said:
Wow! I'm glad she is okay. I'm really ticked off that Maxim put her at 5 on the Hot 100 list. She deserves to be #1.
Yeah, but a year ago she never would have been in the Top 25 so I'm glad. :)

Sorry for the thread drift.

bassman

these avatars are a great idea as is the idea of splitting the ride into 2 teams,
i want both of the colours can you make a half green half orange 1.

bassman

oo i nearly forgot how are the lines being separated will the single line become the orange side and the standby line become the green side.
just curious?

SpongeScott

MrNonacho said:
Whew, what a day! I just got back home. For a first day, everything went very, very smoothly. Coming in this morning and checking out all the new stuff that got put in overnight was really something. All new warning signs and entrance signs, and intensity-specific warning and preshow videos (yes, they did get the original actress back to record a few new voiceover lines). Dispatch is a bit dark and gloomy, as the colored LEDs and color coded signs (Gold/Blue/Red/Green) are all gone. Was anyone here in the first few groups to go Green? If so, I was the one loading you into the Ready Room.

Guests have really reacted positively to the green profile, and everything was fairly smooth on the CMs' end. The biggest issue is the launch tickets. They are not going to last long at all. They're just thin sheets of paper, so you'll only get a few uses out of them at the most. And just wait until it rains...

Bays 1 & 2 are the non-spinning bays, and 3 & 4 are the spinning bays. Only Bay 1 was running on the green side, and even then the wait time didn't get too out of hand. Orange is definitely more popular, but that may change as the word spreads.

I'm feeling really good about this whole thing right now, after dreading it for some time. There are definitely some kinks to work out, but I think M:S has a new lease on life. Our attendance today was far beyond what we've been seeing recently.
For the first day, you guys did a great job. We rode for the first time around 3:00ish, so I don't know if you were there or not.

When we rode, orange was running a 40 minute wait, green was 20. When we rode green later around 6:00, it was a 5 minute wait and orange was 20.

And you're correct, the paper is not going to last. Even after less than one day, they were getting worn. People were folding them, making tubes out of them, etc. This has surely got to be a temporary thing.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Cool. I think this may have a big impact on the design of some rides. As I said in an earlier thread, if this (the change in M:S) is pulled off the idea of having options based on intensity level will almost certainly show up in other attractions. In short, I think that customer guest coupled with Disney's responsiveness to said complaints could usher in a new era of E-tickets. I could easily see the robot arm thingy being programmable so some people get more intense experiences on some rides, etc. The potential for this is huge.

Next time I'm in EPCOT this is going to be an interesting decision for me. I really like the orange version, but curiousity about the green version may be overwhelming.

blackerbys17

Well, I'm another one who thought I would never be able to ride M:S again after my horrible experience with it Xmas 04, but now, I'm looking forward to giving it another try!

Sucks, I actually just came back from WDW and the green version wasn't open yet, maybe I'll take the 3.5 drive up there for Memorial weekend to check it out!

:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom