Memories from the old days ........

1. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - i cried. it still hurts today to walk by and not see it there...

2. Gurgi's Munchies and Grunchies from the Black Cauldron where they had quick snacks. now its with Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast..

3. The old mickey balloons they used to see on Main Street. the one's that were only one color in the shape of the mickey head.

4. Seeing Timothy Mouse on that disco ball and the whip on Dumbo's Flight.

5. Legend of the Lion King. that show gave me the goosebumps.

6. Minnie Moo the Cow at ToonTown which was called Mickey's Birthdayland.

7. the ORIGINAL Tiki Room.

8 and finally - but not the last -the parrot outside of Pirates that used to talk and whistle. i used to stare in awe when i was younger for hours.

:animwink:

Peaches Magee

1. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - i cried. it still hurts today to walk by and not see it there...

2. Gurgi's Munchies and Grunchies from the Black Cauldron where they had quick snacks. now its with Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast..

3. The old mickey balloons they used to see on Main Street. the one's that were only one color in the shape of the mickey head.

4. Seeing Timothy Mouse on that disco ball and the whip on Dumbo's Flight.

5. Legend of the Lion King. that show gave me the goosebumps.

6. Minnie Moo the Cow at ToonTown which was called Mickey's Birthdayland.

7. the ORIGINAL Tiki Room.

8 and finally - but not the last -the parrot outside of Pirates that used to talk and whistle. i used to stare in awe when i was younger for hours.

:animwink:

Wow you pointed out some great ones, the balloomd for sure, bring em back!
I forgot about Timothy Mouse on the ball!
And Amen on the Lion King!

(OT: great screename! Eternal Sunshine... my top flick :wave: )

Peaches Magee

Wow you pointed out some great ones, the balloomd for sure, bring em back!
I forgot about Timothy Mouse on the ball!
And Amen on the Lion King!

(OT: great screename! Eternal Sunshine... my top flick :wave: )

Ummm I meant balloons... 4am has creeped in swiftly via daylight savings time! Time for night-night I would say. hehe

gossame1

How about this one.....

Hello Gang,

How about this one...GE sponsorship of the Carousel Of Progress and the song written for the Florida show when the show moved from California back in 1975? (The Best Time Of Your Life, written by the Sherman Brothers!)

Still one of my favorites!

Rob562

# The live band that used to come up out of the floor where cosmic ray now is to perform in the Tomorrowland Terrace.

Just a couple notes... The AA's name is Sonny Eclipse. Cosmic Ray is the name of the food establishment.

And the rising stage is still there, it's just not used very often. Sonny is sitting on top of it and can rise up into the ceiling when they'll have a band performing on the stage. I even found online somewhere Sonny's audio from when he leaves and returns. You can also see the tech booth for live performances in the back corner of that room, it has windows with curtains drawn across it.

-Rob

The Mom

Premium Member
Adventureland Veranda....

236868032.jpg

:(

That was one of my favorite restaurants. (in the MK)

Disneybird

I miss $54 a night rooms in the Contemporary tower. The Skyway in the Magic Kingdom. The old Minnie's Minniehuene at the Polynesian (it was our favorite breakfast). And the old look of Main Street. There use to be an area on the left as you walked toward the castle, with lots and lots of flower carts. And some of the old shops like the Magic Shoppe. I also miss sitting on the porch at what is now Tony's Town Square, and eating breakfast.

phichi17

The Horseshoe Revue was great too!!! I miss that and other live entertainment offerings the MK had...how about the ski show? Anyone remember that? (Really dating myself here...)

Figments Friend

Ooooo powdered soap! I remember that!

I remember the awful metal despensers they used to have for it too in the restrooms. They always had a nasty "blob" of wet powered soap where you would need to push up to get some....it was all crusty and gritty....oooo yeah those were the days!!

That stuff must have made heck with the drainage there....

kramicart

Tangaroa Terrace waffles.

Coral Isle Cafe.

Mr. Toad.

20K Leagues.

Near POTC, there was a shop where you could pay to dress up like a pirate and have your picture taken. Like an Old Time Photos shop.

Pirates chasing women in POTC.

The drum totems NOT spraying water in front of Jungle Cruise.

Hoop-dee-doo Christmas show.

The long drive through the wilderness from I-4 to the Magic Kingdom Entrance (only 1 park).

Main Street Cinema.

The movie theatre in the game room of the Contemporary.

The bowling alley on the lower level of the Lodge of the Four Seasons at Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri.

If you had wings.

WEDway People Mover.

George (RIP), the waiter who remembered us every year at the restaurant that turned into Chef Mickey's. He taught me how to talk like Donald Duck.

Being a kid.

WDWFigment

This may be a stretch (or it may still be offered and I'm just unaware of it), but does anyone remember a Peter Pan themed place where parents could drop off their kids when they went to PI? I remember playing arcade games and getting my picture taken with Peter Pan there.

Peaches Magee

The Horseshoe Revue was great too!!! I miss that and other live entertainment offerings the MK had...how about the ski show? Anyone remember that? (Really dating myself here...)

Oh yeah, I went to that in the like early 90s or something, as a kid and what a great show it was. The lead lady kept coming over and hitting on and making fun of my friend's dad the entire show. We had such a great time there.
I could have sworn when a went a couple weeks ago the sign for the Revue was still up? But I guess they just don't do it anymore huh?
Yeah they should have more shows like that again. :wave:

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I miss the old Rivers of America with all the watercraft traffic....the two Riverboats, Richard F Irvine and Adr Joe Fowler, the Mike Fink Keel Boats, the Canoes, and the Island Rafts. There was lots of kinetic activity in the past. The river seems too quiet now.

I also miss the Diamond Horseshoe Revue. I can't believe WDW is missing the opportunity of a "dinner show" in the MK.

The little snack area in Liberty Square (it was always quiet there).

The seven fountains in Carribbean Plaza.

The Main Street Cinema with it's multiple screens.

The Walt Disney Story.

Shows in the Tomorrowland Theatre.

The Adventureland Verrandah restaurant. (This could be made into a great restaurant featuring pirates and a visit from Jack Sparrow-a great boys version of Cinderella's Royal Table)

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Thought of one more thing....Aunt Polly's. It used to be open a lot more often. There was also an F&B location in the fort. Come on management...you've got a "captive audience" on that island.

Disneybird

Discovery/Treasure Island
Monte Cristo sandwiches
America the Beautiful circlevision 360
A long time ago at Cosmic Rays, they served a combination chicken, tuna & fruit salad dish. I look everytime I go hoping it's back on the menu.
World of Motion and Horizons
20,000 Leagues
The original Christmas dinner show at the Contemporary Resort. We went every year.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
How about the steel drum band outside of POC? Or the Orange Bird that hung out by the Tiki Birds.....

I was absolutely mesmerized by them.

Paper straws

Mickey Mouse Revue

The trees in the hub

The Magic Shoppe

Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Revue

See my avatar

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom