Meet the Robinsons Characters (Picture!)

wbt06

Hmm.. Pirates of the Caribbean, The Enchanted Tiki Room, The Carousel of Progress, Flight to the Moon, The Matterhorn are based on movies? No, maybe certain aspects yes, but no. The Jungle Cruise, Swiss Family Robinson, and most of the Fantasyland Attractions are/were but thats not most. And they have been very sucessful without popular characters thank you very much. I know that its nothing new but not every new attraction needs to be half baked, or based off a movie. I'm sorry but CGI to me is nothing special, its being done all the time now and has been old to me for awhile now, I also don't feel like restating my opinion except if a animated movie was released today in the style of the Alan Menken movies I would see that over all of the CGI movies ever released. Thank you for reading the opinion of a 15 year old and taking it so seriously. Have a magical day!:wave:

well everest i think was original. did we forget about that? i think a good mix of both is OK. for people today a familiar character will draw the crowds better than a dark ride or any ride other than a coaster that is completely without influence of movies.
that is the problem people want rides based on movies. they sell better. if a little kid comes to a ride that is about something he does not know and looks over and sees a ride across the park with nemo he will run to the nemo ride. it is all about economic thinking. you may not like it but it is here to stay. o and he is doing pixar rides because that is what is making Disney the most money.

Xadllas

well everest i think was original. did we forget about that? i think a good mix of both is OK. for people today a familiar character will draw the crowds better than a dark ride or any ride other than a coaster that is completely without influence of movies.
that is the problem people want rides based on movies. they sell better. if a little kid comes to a ride that is about something he does not know and looks over and sees a ride across the park with nemo he will run to the nemo ride. it is all about economic thinking. you may not like it but it is here to stay. o and he is doing pixar rides because that is what is making Disney the most money.
Yes Everest is original but thats it everything that has and will open at parks after it have been and will be clones, movie based, etc. The only thing being worked on right now thats escapes that concept is the upgrades to Epcot which is happening as we speak.

Connor002

Hmm.. Pirates of the Caribbean, The Enchanted Tiki Room, The Carousel of Progress, Flight to the Moon, The Matterhorn are based on movies? No, maybe certain aspects yes, but no. The Jungle Cruise, Swiss Family Robinson, and most of the Fantasyland Attractions are/were but thats not most. And they have been very sucessful without popular characters thank you very much.
The point is not whether movie-based attractions constitute a larger portion of attractions, but rather the fact that they were created under the seemingly-godly figure of Walt Disney. If you want to invoke the name of Walt in argument, they whole of his strategies need to be considered, rather than just the point you'd like him to make. (Personally, I'm amazed at the amount of people who "know" what Walt would have done were he still living.)

Xadlas said:
I know that its nothing new but not every new attraction needs to be half baked, or based off a movie.
The concept that every new attraction "needs to be half baked, or based off a movie" seems to lack support. I'd hardly consider Expedition Everest, Mission:Space, or Lucky the Dinosaur (to name a few) fitting either criteria. Even those that do embody the latter don't seem to follow the former; Monsters Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue! may be movie-based, but I wouldn't consider it "half-baked." The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage looks to be much better than "half-baked."

Xadlas said:
I'm sorry but CGI to me is nothing special, its being done all the time now and has been old to me for awhile now, I also don't feel like restating my opinion except if a animated movie was released today in the style of the Alan Menken movies I would see that over all of the CGI movies ever released.
Hand-Drawn animation is nothing special either, I suppose. After all, it's been done (for 70 years!) now.

Xadlas said:
Thank you for reading the opinion of a 15 year old and taking it so seriously. Have a magical day!:wave:
You'd be surprised how little age can matter if an opinion is well thought-out and supportable.

wbt06

it sucks but it seems that we have to surrender what we want for what little kids would rather have. like when AE turned to stitch. AE scared me to death as a kid but you know what it was one of the best disney attractions ever i think because you got lost in the experience. it seems like that is being thrown away for something easy that a kid will like. like i said it sucks but it is economics,

wbt06

yea i like the name becouse of the fact that it is so unoriginal. becouse of this the name ends up being very original. confusing i know but think about it

jb1602b

This is simply based on my reaction to the TV and theater trailers, but I think this movie is going to include a lot of humor that both kids and adults can enjoy. I believe that was partly why Toy Story was such a huge success; there were jokes and gags directed toward kids, there were jokes and gags directed towards adults, and there were jokes and gags that were kind of "middle of the road." I really appreciate this style of writing, which is why I love the Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight--very witty and very well-directed material. In a way it seems to me that one of the keys to success with "kid" movies is to be able to draw in and entertain the adults as well. If you're just appealing to kids, it seems to be a lot tougher to make a hit. ...Not that I've ever written a hit lol.

Oh, and for the record, the "big head and little arms" line kills me everytime.

wbt06

i was reading about the movie and it says that tiny will be a pet of the robensons so i think he will be in the hole movie

Bravesfn1

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the theme song "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" form Carrousel Of Progress is going to be integrated into the film and maybe even the attraction itself, has anyone else heard or read about this? It seems possible since in the trailer you catch a brief glimpse of what seems to be a theme park, it says TODAYLAND(instead of tomorrowland,yeah...I know...I didn't have to explain that one)and it shows space mountain too. :shrug: :confused:

Yes, a version of the song "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is listen as a track on the Official soundtrack for the film. So, I imagine it will probably be incorporated into the film in some way.

Link: http://www.stlyrics.com/m/meettherobinsons.htm

ms7479a

Yes, a version of the song "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is listen as a track on the Official soundtrack for the film. So, I imagine it will probably be incorporated into the film in some way.

Judging by where the song is located in the order of the soundtrack, I would guess it would be played during the credits. I'm glad this song made it into the movie, a little bit of nostalgia that can be appreciated by true Disney fans. You can hear a little clip of the song at the Meet the Robinsons soundtrack website:
http://disney.go.com/disneyrecords/soundtracks/meettherobinsons/index.html

FigmentJedi

Judging by where the song is located in the order of the soundtrack, I would guess it would be played during the credits. I'm glad this song made it into the movie, a little bit of nostalgia that can be appreciated by true Disney fans. You can hear a little clip of the song at the Meet the Robinsons soundtrack website:
http://disney.go.com/disneyrecords/soundtracks/meettherobinsons/index.html

Somewhere I heard it was going to be used when Lewis first visits the future. Course, I could be wrong.

Piebald

Hey Guys, the date got pushed back (as all entertainment is subject to change!) .... the new tentative date will be this Friday, March 23rd. :wave:

Disneyfan1981

The characters look okay but I agree with the statement about the hair and BHG looks more jovial than villianous....either way I'd take a pic with them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom