Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

KatieLVT

Monday, June 18 cont.

Wait times weren't great and it was hot, so we decided to go see Carousel of Progress. The book that I'm reading talked about this attraction and now I appreciate it even more. :) Did you know that 250 people can be entering/exiting each rotation? Walt was so ahead of his time and this is a great example of it!
View attachment 290879

We were in the mood for some people movin' and passed some supers on the way. Truthfully, I felt that these costumes were pretty "meh" for Disney standards. They kind of look like Walmart Halloween costumes lol. Dylan and I saw Incredibles 2 last night and it was AMAZING! I actually liked it better than the first one. :joyfull: My kid better be as cool as Jack Jack.
View attachment 290880

The line was kind of long but we eventually made it on!
View attachment 290881

Some sweet treats were in order so we parted ways temporarily. I went with a Fanta slushy from The Lunching Pad and Brooke tried the Incredibles inspired crepes from Auntie Gravity's... you'll have to go to her TR for the picture. ;) They were pushing Incredibles themed snacks at The Lunching Pad (Mrs. Incredible Pretzel Mask with Cheese and Jack-Jack Cookies), though I'm not sure how these pretzels or cookies are any different than the normal ones lol.
View attachment 290882

View attachment 290883

We enjoyed our treats on the way out of the park, stopping in the Emporium temporarily to grab a pair of the swap-your-bow ears for me. Brooke was heading to HS to meet up with some family that's in town and I came home for a bit to spend some time with Tink. :inlove: My best friend and her husband just arrived for the week and are staying at Movies, so Dylan and I are going to head over there to have dinner with them later on. They're doing Uni tomorrow but after that it's 4 FULL DAYS at the parks for us! :joyfull:
So, I heard (I forget where...I think a podcast?) that those people dressed as the super heroes in Tomorrowland are supposed to be "fans" of the Supers, like when people dress up at a Comi-Con thing? So, that's why their costumes look cheesy...and why they have lanyard things around their necks too. It's pretty weird and I heard confusing to guests as well. Not sure how long that will last!

Songbird76

So, I heard (I forget where...I think a podcast?) that those people dressed as the super heroes in Tomorrowland are supposed to be "fans" of the Supers, like when people dress up at a Comi-Con thing? So, that's why their costumes look cheesy...and why they have lanyard things around their necks too. It's pretty weird and I heard confusing to guests as well. Not sure how long that will last!
But how did they get in? Adults aren't allowed to wear costumes in the parks for that very reason...it's confusing to other guests.

blreinsel

Original Poster
If you have Twitter (or possibly any other social media, I have only done it on Twitter), you can contact them at @wdwtoday and give Cousin Stephen his kudos! I've done it before with a Jungle Cruise skipper and they will tweet you back with a picture of the Cast Member with a print out of your tweet! Love your trip reports (I'm a lurker, not a writer :geek:), but I am soooo jealous that you get to experience the magic all year round :cool:

Cool I’ll check it out! Glad to have you along. 🤗 FL life is the best life!

We got free slushies on our honeymoon at Club Cool, so maybe it is an everyday thing! We enjoyed it!

Have a safe trip! Can't wait to hear about Toy Story Land when you return!

Interesting! There was a little boy ahead of us celebrating his birthday and he got one too. Mine is next month so maybe I’ll have to try it. 😉

I can’t wait to write all about Toy Story Land!!

Have fun with family and safe travels!

Also, yes that looked like the trolley girl I like best :joyfull: She does that role too, so I just assume. I'm such a stalker.

Thanks!! This TN weather has me feeling like I’m still in FL. 😝

It intrigued me that they do so many different shows. How do they remember the choreography?? Lol

I heard yesterday that Tomorrowland is getting a big refurb, and this is one of the things they will be updating, as well as CoP, and I think also the speedway. I hope the People Mover and CoP are still open next Summer when we get there!!! My daughter is NOT going to be happy if CoP is closed!

Interesting.. it surprises me that they would ever touch CoP being that it was one of Walt’s originals. I love it just the way it is!

I love doing this because the cast members always look so excited to get their tweets! Also if you’re ever in a bad mood I suggest going to twitter and searching #castcompliment. Then you can read all the nice things that happened to people in Disney recently!

What a great idea! I’ll do that the next time I’m standing in line behind some misbehaving kids. 😜

She dyed her hair blonde as a form of rebellion.....

That was my initial thought but it just doesn’t seem like the ages of the kids line up right? Maybe I’m just too critical lol.
Have a great trip!! Super not jealous that you have a FP for ASwirlingS :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

😋 I don’t see you staying away until next spring. You’re gonna have to see Toy Story Land for yourself before then!
Have a great trip.

Thanks!

I'm glad you are coming to PA, but did you have to bring the Florida weather with you???

Current forecast for Harrisburg, PA:
View attachment 292610

😂 sorry! I told Dylan that it feels like we haven’t even left with the hot and rainy weather, even in TN! Though the humidity isn’t quite as bad as in FL. 😉

That’s interesting.. hopefully not for long because it was really weird lol.

But how did they get in? Adults aren't allowed to wear costumes in the parks for that very reason...it's confusing to other guests.

I assume they’re still CM’s because they’re there everyday.

sheriffwoody

Thanks!! This TN weather has me feeling like I’m still in FL. 😝

It intrigued me that they do so many different shows. How do they remember the choreography?? Lol

Yeah it's terrible right now. I just start immediately complaining as soon as I walk outside. Can't wait to get some relief in like...December? :hilarious:

I've wondered that too! I would get so confused! But I guess that's why I'm not a performer.

Songbird76

Interesting.. it surprises me that they would ever touch CoP being that it was one of Walt’s originals. I love it just the way it is!

You said you were a cheerleader, right? How did you remember all the cheers and different moves for each one? After a while, it becomes second nature. I haven't been in school for over 20 years, but I still remember most of the cheers I did in cheerleading. I would guess it's similar...and they are doing this every day, and they probably also have some sort of rehearsals.

This is the video I watched about the Tomorrowland updates: I don't know if it's just cosmetic or not, but I would hope they don't change a WHOLE lot...just refresh it.

LisaBelle

You said you were a cheerleader, right? How did you remember all the cheers and different moves for each one? After a while, it becomes second nature. I haven't been in school for over 20 years, but I still remember most of the cheers I did in cheerleading. I would guess it's similar...and they are doing this every day, and they probably also have some sort of rehearsals.

This is the video I watched about the Tomorrowland updates: I don't know if it's just cosmetic or not, but I would hope they don't change a WHOLE lot...just refresh it.

Thanks for sharing the video. I LOVE CoP and People Mover and am happy they will be receiving some love. That said, I hope they update the final scene of CoP but don't change too much. My mom, sister and I went to CoP on our first ever visit to WDW and that attraction really stuck with me. CoP is quintessential Walt and I would hate for it to be changed too much.

Songbird76

Thanks for sharing the video. I LOVE CoP and People Mover and am happy they will be receiving some love. That said, I hope they update the final scene of CoP but don't change too much. My mom, sister and I went to CoP on our first ever visit to WDW and that attraction really stuck with me. CoP is quintessential Walt and I would hate for it to be changed too much.
I know!! I love CoP! My daughter and I did that several times on our 2016 trip and she loved it as well...it's one of the things she's looking forward to next SUMMER, so whatever they do, I hope it doesn't close the ride when we're there. She was only 10 last time and fell in love with it because she loves learning about how other people live/lived. There was another girl about her age in line right behind us on our....probably 3rd time? and I guess she didn't know what to expect, but DD had been saying how much she loved it and then when we got in, the other girl was being disruptive, saying how bored she was, asking how much longer it was, does anyone actually like this? I just kept thinking, that poor girl who hasn't been taught to love education....the things she's going to miss out on. We love going to museums, doing escape rooms, etc...educational things. And I just feel bad for kids who don't value those things and can't find the fun in that.

LisaBelle

I know!! I love CoP! My daughter and I did that several times on our 2016 trip and she loved it as well...it's one of the things she's looking forward to next SUMMER, so whatever they do, I hope it doesn't close the ride when we're there. She was only 10 last time and fell in love with it because she loves learning about how other people live/lived. There was another girl about her age in line right behind us on our....probably 3rd time? and I guess she didn't know what to expect, but DD had been saying how much she loved it and then when we got in, the other girl was being disruptive, saying how bored she was, asking how much longer it was, does anyone actually like this? I just kept thinking, that poor girl who hasn't been taught to love education....the things she's going to miss out on. We love going to museums, doing escape rooms, etc...educational things. And I just feel bad for kids who don't value those things and can't find the fun in that.
I completely agree! My kids are now 22 and 18, but both of them have loved CoP since our first visit when they were 8 & 4.

mlegerto

So I am VERY far behind in your adventures - sorry, I've been off gallivanting in Italy having my own adventure LOL.

I just read through your anniversary celebration and wanted to comment on a few things! We are actually heading home for the September long weekend (only a 4 day trip, but 4 days in Disney is better than anywhere else!) to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary and the soon to be arrival of our first baby before I am classified as "too fat to fly"...oops, I mean too pregnant to fly LOL. Since it is a short trip, we are doing it completely different - only going to the parks one day and for MNSSHP, but the rest of the time just enjoying the pools, shopping, etc. so it was great to see your adventure without a park visit being needed.

We also ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse on our Disneymoon (my gosh, 3 years ago seems so far!) and on our last Christmas trip. It's now been added as a must for us and it's our chosen meal to celebrate our anniversary this trip too! Hilariously I ordered the EXACT same things you did at our last visit and will probably get them again - I did like the mac n cheese more than you did though.

We've never done a trip like this (one without parks on the regular), nor one really this short. Hubby ISN'T the Disney lover I am, so I "sold" this trip to him as a "stay-cation" LOL. I mean it is our second home (if he wants to admit it or not!), we are staying on our DVC points and had enough aeroplan points for our flights, so it's really just like going to a "cottage" with a pool for the long weekend. At least that's what I say HAHA. If you have any other great suggestions on how we should celebrate (san alcohol unfortunately for the next few months LOL) or things we must do outside of the parks, feel free to drop me a line! I'd love to hear now that you are a local - still jealous, obviously!

Thoughts on Yachtsman: THE BEST Disney restaurant I have ever eaten at... seriously.

Couldn't agree more. It is STILL our favorite and we've had NOTHING be great experiences here.

blreinsel

Original Poster
So I am VERY far behind in your adventures - sorry, I've been off gallivanting in Italy having my own adventure LOL.

I just read through your anniversary celebration and wanted to comment on a few things! We are actually heading home for the September long weekend (only a 4 day trip, but 4 days in Disney is better than anywhere else!) to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary and the soon to be arrival of our first baby before I am classified as "too fat to fly"...oops, I mean too pregnant to fly LOL. Since it is a short trip, we are doing it completely different - only going to the parks one day and for MNSSHP, but the rest of the time just enjoying the pools, shopping, etc. so it was great to see your adventure without a park visit being needed.

We also ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse on our Disneymoon (my gosh, 3 years ago seems so far!) and on our last Christmas trip. It's now been added as a must for us and it's our chosen meal to celebrate our anniversary this trip too! Hilariously I ordered the EXACT same things you did at our last visit and will probably get them again - I did like the mac n cheese more than you did though.

We've never done a trip like this (one without parks on the regular), nor one really this short. Hubby ISN'T the Disney lover I am, so I "sold" this trip to him as a "stay-cation" LOL. I mean it is our second home (if he wants to admit it or not!), we are staying on our DVC points and had enough aeroplan points for our flights, so it's really just like going to a "cottage" with a pool for the long weekend. At least that's what I say HAHA. If you have any other great suggestions on how we should celebrate (san alcohol unfortunately for the next few months LOL) or things we must do outside of the parks, feel free to drop me a line! I'd love to hear now that you are a local - still jealous, obviously!

Couldn't agree more. It is STILL our favorite and we've had NOTHING be great experiences here.

I hope you had so much fun on your adventures! You will absolutely love the resort life Disney trip.. we had a blast during our stay at Yacht Club and it was nice to not be rushing around trying to get to the parks. We really enjoyed just laying at the pool, walking around the boardwalk, and eating. 😋

blreinsel

Original Poster
Wednesday, July 11

We arrived at the park around 1pm and headed straight for Toy Story Land! The only way I can describe what I felt as we approached the entrance is how you felt as a kid on Christmas morning as you ran down the stairs to see what Santa brought. :joyfull:

WE ARE HERE! Woody, as well as Jessie and Rex (on top of Slinky Dog Dash), talk! We got a kick out of some of the things they said as we walked around throughout the day. :) They had two photographers stationed in front of Woody and it really kept the line moving.
z8nb5JUDQYGkLlOy%VjdmA_thumb_6555.jpg

What a view! :inlove: First one without Slink...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6536.jpg

And now one with!
zR+cXitlSMKmWMzGCdaQHA_thumb_6537.jpg

The thing that amazed me most about this land is that you REALLY do feel like you are toy sized. I didn't think that oversized theming could achieve that effect, but I was wrong! You won't truly understand until you've gotten the chance to walk around the land yourself. :)

Continuing on!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_653b.jpg

The new entrance to Midway Mania. It looks great, however from what we could see, a large portion of the queue is outside. :in pain:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6538.jpg

Overflow for the queue.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6539.jpg

A friendly CM took this picture for us, but I do think they should put a photographer there. Every time we passed by there were people taking pictures and others waiting in line.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_653a.jpg

We had made our way around the entire land (I'll include other pictures later where they fit) so decided to hop in the standby line for Slinky Dog Dash! It was posted at 80 minutes, however we only waited around an hour. The queue is adorable, however it is completely outside. :banghead: There are fans and a good portion of it is under cover, however the FL heat is no joke and can't truly be beat by fans.

Heart eyes from all the teachers of the world! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6541.jpg

I get maybe a little too excited over crayons and pencils. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6542.jpg

When we approached the loading zone, the CM asked how many in our party and sent us down the left side of the queue. A few minutes later, we learned that the left side is for parties with an even number of people while the right side is for those with an odd number of people. It did seem to keep things moving pretty quickly!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6543.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Wednesday, July 11

Here we go! Shall we start a Slinky Dog Dash challenge @Tuvalu? ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6544.jpg

We paused for a minute right at the end while the car ahead of us disembarked. We had some company, and Wheezy even sang us a song! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6545.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6546.jpg

How fitting that he serenaded us with "You've Got a Friend In Me" as I sat next to my very best Disney friend. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6547.jpg

Thoughts on Slinky? LOVED IT! The ride is more thrilling than I expected it to be and all of the dips and turns keep you guessing. Unlike 7DMT, the length of the ride makes the wait worthwhile. Every time I thought it was over, we took another turn and kept right on going! As we flew around, I asked Brooke where the picture was and as we were talking, we saw it right up ahead. We attempted a quick pose and hoped for the best. :hilarious: It hasn't shown up on the app yet so TBD!

When we exited the ride, we paused to decide what we should do next. We had a FP+ for the Aliens Saucers in about an hour, but the wait was only 30 minutes. Everything else had a long wait, so we swapped it out for a Midway Mania FP+ and hopped in the standby line.

We passed these guys on our way! They were bouncing the balls back and forth with people who stopped to watch and were entertaining to interact with! We saw them marching around with their drums later on, but we weren't close enough to get a picture.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6548.jpg

Time for an alien encounter!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6549.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_653f.jpg

We said hi to a Space Ranger as we entered the queue!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6540.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_654a.jpg

Once again, the queue was outside. :rolleyes: Most of it is under cover and scattered with fans as well, but it's just not the same as being in the AC! The wait was posted at 30 minutes and I think it was pretty accurate!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Wednesday, July 11

Soon we were boarding our saucer and preparing for flight! This ride was nothing like I expected.. It's a little jerky but it was a lot more fun than I expected! The ceiling is adorable!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_654d.jpg

@wishes2013 pointed out that this is Pizza Planet. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_654c.jpg

Ready to go!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_654b.jpg

I think the best part of this ride is listening to the aliens give safety information. :hilarious::joyfull: Just like Slinky, this one was way longer than I expected! It's so simple, but I really did enjoy it. :)

After our ride, we were ready for a snack so stopped by Woody's Lunch Box to see if there was anything that sounded good. The whole menu sounded good to me, but I wasn't hungry enough for an entire meal. We decided to pass for now and went off in search of ice cream.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_653d.jpg

The area is surprisingly small and there are only two registers to order from. It didn't seem overly crowded, and I'm sure mobile ordering helps, but I did expect a larger area for a QS.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_653c.jpg

We stopped in some shops on Sunset Blvd. in search of Toy Story gear and both bought a pin. Then, we found some brownie sundaes just begging to be enjoyed. :joyfull: We sat at a table and ate before heading back to Toy Story Land for our Mania FP+.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_654e.jpg

When we went to get in line, the CM informed us that they weren't currently allowing anybody through the standby line and the FP+ line was a 45 minute wait. Nope, not interested. Our FP+ turned into a wildcard, but we never ended up using them. We stopped for a bathroom break in possibly the cutest bathrooms on property! :inlove: Sorry Tangled toilets, you've officially been challenged.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_653e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_654f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6550.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6551.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom