Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Your stay at the Yacht Club looked amazing, and so did the Yachtsman! What a lovely tradition!

It was all so incredible! I can't wait to continue our tradition for years to come! :inlove:

You are toooo cute in your purple outfit with your (gross) purple drink!!!

Lol thanks! It started as me just wanting to wear my Pascal hat and escalated from there. :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
I’m copying your MK morning tomorrow. A week away is too long 😂

Also that purple outfit 👍🏻

SO HAPPY YOU'RE BACK. :joyfull:

That morning in MK sounds dreamy! If I lived closer I would totally just sit and chill and people watch!!!
You are the first person I heard who liked that purple wall drink!! Everyone else said they hate it

It really was! I have a busy 3 weeks ahead of me and I'm bummed because that means I can't repeat this morning until July. :arghh: Lol

It was really sweet and I didn't quite finish it, but I did enjoy it!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Monday, June 18

After a long week away from Disney (on a cruise), @wishes2013 was ready to get back to MK. ;) We agreed to meet there at 9am, but obviously that didn't work out quite as planned with all of the monorail madness. :rolleyes: I got there around 9:30am and she arrived about a half an hour later.

The mostly empty AP line was a welcome sight after the madhouse that was the TTC.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6475.jpg

I scanned my band and was soon making my way down Main Street. I stopped to grab my coffee at Starbucks and caught the tail end of my Trolley friends when I came back out into the street.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6476.jpg

Same picture, different day. ;) So happy that I was able to sneak another of these quiet mornings in before the crazy couple of weeks we have coming up! I read while I waited for @wishes2013 to arrive and then we chatted for a bit, enjoying every bit of having the hub grass to ourselves. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6477.jpg

I had lucked into a Splash FP+ for 10:30am so we headed that way shortly after the window had opened. I was in the front row and got SOAKED. It felt great though.. the FL summer heat and humidity was in full force today! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6478.jpg

Almost lost my hat but managed to pull it back down over my face just in time to protect me from the splash. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6483.jpg

There was a short wait for Little Mermaid so we took a journey under the sea! The wait seemed to take a little longer than what was posted, but it was nice to be in the AC for a bit!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6479.jpg

We detoured to Big Top Souvenirs to buy/exchange our Fuel Rods. Being that we go as frequently as we do, you really can beat the price and they charge pretty quickly! I always tell my dad that this would be a great retirement job for him (he's a drummer... as am I :cool:).
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_647b.jpg

We chatted with two super friendly CM's who have been here for about a year and they kept telling us that we need to get summer jobs working for the Mouse. :p They shared the little bit of "insider information" they've gathered regarding Toy Story Land and the Slinky Dog coaster, so now we're even more excited to finally explore when it opens! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Monday, June 18 cont.

Wait times weren't great and it was hot, so we decided to go see Carousel of Progress. The book that I'm reading talked about this attraction and now I appreciate it even more. :) Did you know that 250 people can be entering/exiting each rotation? Walt was so ahead of his time and this is a great example of it!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_647c.jpg

We were in the mood for some people movin' and passed some supers on the way. Truthfully, I felt that these costumes were pretty "meh" for Disney standards. They kind of look like Walmart Halloween costumes lol. Dylan and I saw Incredibles 2 last night and it was AMAZING! I actually liked it better than the first one. :joyfull: My kid better be as cool as Jack Jack.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_647d.jpg

The line was kind of long but we eventually made it on!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_647f.jpg

Some sweet treats were in order so we parted ways temporarily. I went with a Fanta slushy from The Lunching Pad and Brooke tried the Incredibles inspired crepes from Auntie Gravity's... you'll have to go to her TR for the picture. ;) They were pushing Incredibles themed snacks at The Lunching Pad (Mrs. Incredible Pretzel Mask with Cheese and Jack-Jack Cookies), though I'm not sure how these pretzels or cookies are any different than the normal ones lol.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6481.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6482.jpg

We enjoyed our treats on the way out of the park, stopping in the Emporium temporarily to grab a pair of the swap-your-bow ears for me. Brooke was heading to HS to meet up with some family that's in town and I came home for a bit to spend some time with Tink. :inlove: My best friend and her husband just arrived for the week and are staying at Movies, so Dylan and I are going to head over there to have dinner with them later on. They're doing Uni tomorrow but after that it's 4 FULL DAYS at the parks for us! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Wednesday, June 20

My best friend visited back in November and lucky for me, she was bitten by the Disney bug after just two days in the parks. :joyfull: She immediately began plotting to get her husband to come back with her and soon they had booked a trip to celebrate their 1 year wedding anniversary! They stayed in a preferred room at All Star Movies and did one day at Universal as her husband is a huge Harry Potter fan. I met them at MK bright and early Wednesday morning to kick off a magical week of friendship and celebrations! :)

After the monorail drama on Monday I decided to take the ferry right away today. I arrived before them so sat on a bench to enjoy the scenery until they got inside.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6485.jpg

Soon some trolley car friends pulled up right in front of me!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6486.jpg

I never realized that some of them went up to dance on the train station. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6487.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6488.jpg

I used to have these Disney sing-a-long VHS tapes and one of the songs on my favorite one was the one that says "I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA" - You're lying if you say that you didn't sing that. ;) I'm not sure what the actual name of the song is but you know what I'm talking about! Anyway, I get SO happy when they start singing that song. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6489.jpg

They finally made it through security and we headed right down the middle of Main Street USA. ;) Good morning beautiful!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_648a.jpg

We stopped for some pictures before our appearances started to deteriorate in the hot Florida sun. :p There was a running joke all day about me being the third wheel with them in their anniversary shirts lol.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_64e7.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_64e8.jpg

We started in Tomorrowland with Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Jason has issues with motion sickness and doesn't ride much at all, so a show was a great way to start. :) I appreciate the fact that they're constantly modifying/adding things to this show to keep it fresh. Our "that guy" was lame for the majority of the show but then right at the end he started participating. We joked that his wife must have yelled at him for being a poor sport so he turned his act around. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_648b.jpg

Next up was the People Mover! I could really ride this around for hours and not get tired of it. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_648c.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom