Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Wednesday, July 11

We had one more thing to find before we could leave... the popsicle wall! We were struggling to find it on our own, so Brooke looked it up on Instagram and we learned that it's at the exit of Midway Mania. We saw this cute display as we walked down the path. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6552.jpg

There was a CM walking by who happily took our picture. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6553.jpg

Then, we decided to just selfie in front of the checkerboard wall. :p The skies were looking a little threatening so we decided to head out for the day.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6554.jpg

Thoughts on Toy Story Land... I loved everything about it! The land is SO well done and is way larger than I anticipated. I guess Disney learned their lesson from Pandora. ;) My favorite part of the land is actually feeling like I'm toy sized, while my least favorite part is the outdoor queues. Both of the new attractions are great and worth waiting in line for. They are perfect additions to HS and make up for the lack of kid friendly rides that were available previously. I can't give an opinion on Woody's Lunch Box yet, other than the fact that the offerings look promising! It wasn't noticeably crowded and the boarding process for both rides was like a science. I'm hopeful that they start incorporating these "new ideas" into other attractions to minimize wait times as much as possible.

Playing in Andy's backyard was everything I hoped it would be and more. :inlove::joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Thursday, July 12

@wishes2013 and I were off on another adventure, but this time sans parks! She made us *another* pair of ears for the occasion, much to Dylan's dismay. :hilarious: He doesn't even try to hide his eye roll anymore when I ask him to put another nail in my ear wall. :angelic:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_663d.jpg

We arrived at Fort Wilderness in plenty of time and lucked into a bus waiting for us! It took us about 15 minutes to get from the parking lot (Outpost Depot) to our destination at the Settlement Depot.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_664c.jpg

So where exactly were we going?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6647.jpg

Here! :joyfull: We had chosen the 8:30pm show in hopes of a more "mature" performance.. I've never been to any of the other ones for a comparison, but I can assure you that we were entertained lol.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6648.jpg

We still had some time and were waiting on the other members of our party to arrive, so we walked down to the boat docks for awhile. It was a beautiful evening!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_664a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_664b.jpg

We decided to look around the Trading Post while we waited. I managed to resist buying this little cutie. :happy:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_664d.jpg

I did NOT manage to resist buying these little cuties. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_664e.jpg

We headed back over toward Pioneer Hall to meet up with our friends!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Thursday, July 12

Because they still weren't letting us in the building, we decided to take advantage of the photographers that had appeared. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6633.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6635.jpg

We were standing together talking awhile later when suddenly the photographer who took our first picture started motioning for us to join him and another photographer nearby. We walked over and she informed us that she had scouted us out from afar and wanted to take pictures of us. :hilarious: Well alright then!

The friend standing directly behind me is NOT a picture person whatsoever... so you can imagine the comments she was making under her breath during our "photo shoot." :hilarious: You'll have to excuse our laughing faces... it's all her fault lol.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_663a.jpg

Next, she told them to lean in really close to me, resulting in more giggles. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_663b.jpg

And last but not least... this beauty. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: We could NOT stop laughing, mostly because she was so annoyed that we were putting her through this. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_663c.jpg

We were finally allowed in and we were led to our table near the front of the room... it would have been great if it weren't for the giant pole right in our line of sight. :rolleyes: It ended up being fine.. we just had to move our chairs a bit. :)

I'm drooling just looking at this menu again!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_664f.jpg

When we arrived to our table there was salad and bread waiting. :hungry: We didn't waste anytime digging in! I tried really hard to not fill up on the appetizers, but it was TOUGH. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6650.jpg

The show started as the servers began to bring our food around. Though I enjoyed their performances revolving around the different courses of our meal, I did find it a little difficult to concentrate on the stage and filling my plate. Everything was SO good! :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6655.jpg

As we ate, I noticed bowls of mac & cheese on several other tables. @wishes2013 and I are OBSESSED with mac & cheese, so naturally I was prepared to ask for a bowl (even if it was supposed to be for kids). :cool: Before I had a chance to ask, a bowl was plopped down on our table! :joyfull: I ate more of it than I'd like to admit.. but Disney mac & cheese in THE BEST. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6656.jpg

The star of the show, however, was definitely the strawberry shortcake. :hungry: WHY IS DISNEY FOOD SO GOOD!?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6663.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Thursday, July 12

One of the most exciting parts of Hoop Dee Doo is the unlimited sangria. ;) I tried both the white and the red but honestly wasn't impressed with either of them. I like my alcohol to taste like juice, but this was more on the alcohol side lol.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6662.jpg

A few pictures from the show! Six Bits was obviously the star, and the actor playing him was really good. However, I would really like to see Ben (the historian from Frozen) in the role for obvious reasons! He occasionally performs here and I had my fingers crossed, but no such luck. Also side note for those of you who follow him on Instagram... he deleted his account just days before we went to the show. :( Not sure what's up but I'm hoping that he reactivates it soon.. I plan my HS days around him! Lol
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6651.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6653.jpg

If any of you are Hart of Dixie fans, this actress reminded me a lot of AnnaBeth! Her voice and facial expressions really resembled her.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6659.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6657.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6664.jpg

This guy was perfect. :hilarious: He was such a good sport!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6666.jpg

We had a blast twirling our napkins and playing the washboard. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6668.jpg

Thoughts on Hoop Dee Doo... totally worth the money! I would 100% do this again, both for the food and the entertainment. Our server was a bit of a drag, but other than that we had a blast. :joyfull:

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Thursday, July 12

@wishes2013 and I were off on another adventure, but this time sans parks! She made us *another* pair of ears for the occasion, much to Dylan's dismay. :hilarious: He doesn't even try to hide his eye roll anymore when I ask him to put another nail in my ear wall. :angelic:
View attachment 296965

We arrived at Fort Wilderness in plenty of time and lucked into a bus waiting for us! It took us about 15 minutes to get from the parking lot (Outpost Depot) to our destination at the Settlement Depot.
View attachment 296968

So where exactly were we going?
View attachment 296971

Here! :joyfull: We had chosen the 8:30pm show in hopes of a more "mature" performance.. I've never been to any of the other ones for a comparison, but I can assure you that we were entertained lol.
View attachment 296972

We still had some time and were waiting on the other members of our party to arrive, so we walked down to the boat docks for awhile. It was a beautiful evening!
View attachment 296966

View attachment 296967

We decided to look around the Trading Post while we waited. I managed to resist buying this little cutie. :happy:
View attachment 296969

I did NOT manage to resist buying these little cuties. :inlove:
View attachment 296970

We headed back over toward Pioneer Hall to meet up with our friends!

Yes!!! I've been waiting to read your report on this. It sounds awesome!! I will be going there for the 1st time next month. Can't wait!!! BTW, the food pictures look amazing!! It doesn't help that I'm looking at them before lunch.

sheriffwoody

DROOLING! I actually dreamed about going to Hoop dee doo last night :hilarious: Also, yeah I think there were so many people messaging him about when he was working then getting mad when he didn't respond (like hello, the man is busy!!) that he must have just gotten sick of it. I have seen more than one popular Disney instagram personality have a breakdown on there :oops: One can only take so much anonymous internet abuse!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom