Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

LisaBelle

Sorry you had to get out of line for Slinky Dog. Super jealous of your backstage meet and greet at BatB! How exciting!
I cannot believe the family didn't react to the proposal :jawdrop:! I also cannot believe the newly engaged couple didn't kiss or hug! Maybe they were disappointed that no one reacted?
Your engagement pictures are beautiful!

LisaBelle

Forgot to say that I loved that "Disney FP to Friday, please" hat. I almost bought it when I was there, but I don't think I look good in hats so I passed. Earlier today I was wishing that I looked good in hats because I regretted not buying it. After seeing it in your TR it is making me think about it again. It's available on the Shop Disney Parks app, so I may have to buy it, lol!

We’re finally back from our trip to TN/PA! @wishes2013 and I are off to HS tomorrow for some Toy Story Land action.. FINALLY! 😍

In other news, I checked something pretty big off of my wedding to do list while we were home. ❤️
View attachment 295383

It’s all finally starting to feel real and I get more excited everyday! ❤️

Love the shirt! We actually wore the same one at my EPCOT Bachelorette Party!
29101698_10211789241062737_628526115392061440_o.jpg

Congrats on finding a dress - I'm sure it's beautiful!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sorry you had to get out of line for Slinky Dog. Super jealous of your backstage meet and greet at BatB! How exciting!
I cannot believe the family didn't react to the proposal :jawdrop:! I also cannot believe the newly engaged couple didn't kiss or hug! Maybe they were disappointed that no one reacted?
Your engagement pictures are beautiful!

The meet and greet totally made up for missing out on Slinky Dog. :inlove: The proposal was so strange... WAY different than mine! Lol.

Thank you! I absolutely love them. :inlove:

Forgot to say that I loved that "Disney FP to Friday, please" hat. I almost bought it when I was there, but I don't think I look good in hats so I passed. Earlier today I was wishing that I looked good in hats because I regretted not buying it. After seeing it in your TR it is making me think about it again. It's available on the Shop Disney Parks app, so I may have to buy it, lol!

Lol! I've recently acquired an addiction to hats so I'm always on the lookout for new ones. ;) You would look great in any hat, but especially Disney ones! :p

What a strange way to react to a proposal from both the couple and the family. Your engagement shoot pictures are adorable

Thank you! :)

Three more words: DVC Members Lounge :cool:

With shoes ON! :joyfull:

Absolutely adorable photos!

Thank you! :)

Love the shirt! We actually wore the same one at my EPCOT Bachelorette Party!
View attachment 298709

Congrats on finding a dress - I'm sure it's beautiful!

Aww I love the color of yours! My girls all love them so it was a good choice. :) My dress is the one of my dreams, that's for sure!

Adorable engagement pictures!!

...btw my husband and I totally just drank the DVC resale kool-aid. We are currently in the ROFR stage for a small contract at the Poly! Fingers crossed we get it! I blame @lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek :joyfull:

Thank you! :) So jealous that you're buying at the Poly! That's my dream. :inlove:

I think you meant...
Q5NnBt9.png

What cracks me up is he isn't a Disney Nerd but seems to always have on a Disney shirt. Are you dressing him?? hahaha

Lol! I used to dress him but he has slowly started doing it on his own. Proof of a successful conversion to the Disney side. ;)

This is great!!!! I didn't feel like working this afternoon, and am only on page 5!!! yay Disney blogs! less than 3 hours to go of "work"

Haha! Happy to help. ;) Thanks for reading!

blreinsel

Original Poster
WRAPPING UP

Okay everyone- following my July 13th post, I have officially wrapped up a full year of trip reporting as an annual passholder. In my first year of living in Florida and being a passholder, I've accomplished the following....

Magic Kingdom: 41 visits
Animal Kingdom: 17 visits
Hollywood Studios: 20
Epcot: 20 visits
Resorts/DS/Other: 24 visits

The resorts/DS/other section isn't an exact science because there are times I've popped into resorts for lunch or a drink and didn't keep track of it, but you get the picture. ;) The tally that I kept consists of "major" visits to DS, special meals (Cali Grill, Chef Mickey's, etc.), water park, mini golf, Illuminations boat cruise, and so on.

I think it's safe to say that I've gotten my money's worth in terms of my annual pass. :joyfull: I've experienced so much Disney magic in such a short amount of time and I'm so grateful that I have the opportunity to live out my dream of teaching in such close proximity to WDW. It has been an incredible year of parks, food, Magic meet ups, and most importantly, true friends (@wishes2013 :joyfull:). Thank you to everybody that is still with me and has come along for the ride throughout the year! I'm happy to help keep those Disney blues away. ;)

My plan going forward is to continue reporting, but as more of a "highlight reel" rather than reporting on every single detail of every single trip. I'm going to start a new thread so that this one can just be a collection of my adventures during my first year in Florida. :) I hope that you'll all continue to follow along with my adventures in the years to come!

That being said, I need ideas for a title for my new "ongoing" thread. :)

LisaBelle

Lol! I've recently acquired an addiction to hats so I'm always on the lookout for new ones. ;) You would look great in any hat, but especially Disney ones! :p
Awww, thanks! I remembered that I still had twenty something dollars left on a Disney gift card so I ordered the hat! It will be the perfect accessory on district-wide professional development days, :hilarious:! When do you start school? We have PD and opening staff August 13 & 14 and our first day with kiddos is August 15th. I can't believe how fast the summer flew by.
Sorry, but I am currently trying to figure out a title for my TR so I am no help with yours.
I can't believe it's been a year already! You definitely got your money's worth on your first year as an AP holder. Well done Disney Friend! I am seriously hoping my daughter is able to do DCP because if she does I too will become an AP holder :joyfull:. I won't be living near Disney but I will be able to have several trips in one year rather than one trip in 2-4 years.
I will be eagerly watching for the new thread :happy:!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Awww, thanks! I remembered that I still had twenty something dollars left on a Disney gift card so I ordered the hat! It will be the perfect accessory on district-wide professional development days, :hilarious:! When do you start school? We have PD and opening staff August 13 & 14 and our first day with kiddos is August 15th. I can't believe how fast the summer flew by.
Sorry, but I am currently trying to figure out a title for my TR so I am no help with yours.
I can't believe it's been a year already! You definitely got your money's worth on your first year as an AP holder. Well done Disney Friend! I am seriously hoping my daughter is able to do DCP because if she does I too will become an AP holder :joyfull:. I won't be living near Disney but I will be able to have several trips in one year rather than one trip in 2-4 years.
I will be eagerly watching for the new thread :happy:!

What a great way to use up that gift card! ;) @wishes2013 and I wore our Pascal hats to our end of the year work day and they were a hit. :joyfull: We had trainings on Wednesday & Thursday and have several more coming up this week, so it feels like we've already started back. Our first "official" day back is Aug. 3 and the kids start Aug. 13. I'm not ready. :cry: Work will really cut into my Disney days! Lol.

I hope she does DCP, too! You can totally hangout with @wishes2013 and I. ;)

Wow, I can’t believe that I’ve been following your trip report for a year! Congrats on making it through your first year in Florida.

Thank you! :) It's been a wild ride!

A whole year already?!? Time flies when @blgauger is having fun I guess? 😂
Time flies when you're in Disney!!

It sure does! :cool:

I can't believe you have been there a whole year now! I think I finally have Daniel convinced we need to move there.. so catch us there in like 4 years :hilarious:

Yessssss! All the cool northern kids move to FL. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom