McDonald's and Disney reuniting

George Lucas on a Bench

download.jpeg

No caviar for me. Never did like it much. I'll have a large fry with extra sweet and sour sauce.

Daddyoh

Perhaps this won't mean much in the long run, but Disney and McDonald's are reuniting since their previous partnership ended in 2006. Not only does this mean Disney toys are coming back to Happy Meals, which I think is wonderful, but it could mean new locations in the parks again. Not too long ago, on the Permitsthread, there was one reported that had been filed regarding McDonald's in Downtown Disney. With this news today, it seems very possible that we will be getting a location there.

Full story here: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/27/mcd...ded-happy-meals-after-more-than-a-decade.html
Always liked to get fries at the Magic Kingdom at WDW having a burger will even be better, at least you know what your getting, consistency.

esskay

I always thought it was stupid that they severed ties with McDonald's. Dude, Star Wars Happy Meal toys? Frozen? Marvel? No brainer.
If I remember correctly at the time MC Donald’s was getting tons of bad press about how bad it was for kids, didn’t exactly make Disney look great being so closely partnered with them.

mickEblu

Loooove me some Chick-fli-a. In-N-Out is hard to find for us sou
therners. The only time I get it is when we go visit my brother in California.

We have a chain here called Freddy's Steakburgers that seems similar though...

Wait, you re a Southerner? From what state? Would you mind contributing to my Road trip to WDW thread? I’ve always wanted to try all the delicious bbq, fried chicken and different foods from the South. I’m planning a road trip from California to WDW mostly through the South. Basically combining two bucket list things on the same trip. I’m thinking Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia (possibly Tennessee, Kentucky and the Carolinas too).

Where should I eat?

You could just answer here btw.

Last edited:

dweezil78

If I remember correctly at the time MC Donald’s was getting tons of bad press about how bad it was for kids, didn’t exactly make Disney look great being so closely partnered with them.

Good for Disney. I'm sure they didn't want to ruin their reputation of selling healthy food in their parks... like hamburgers, fries, corn dogs, fried chicken, and for those of us really watching our figures, the Monte Cristo.

Ismael Flores

I believe Mcdonalds was also upset about the contract. They wre bound by Disney exclusively and it was during the time when the Disney animation studio was having problems creating a succesfull movie. happy meal sales went down and Mcdonalds kept seeing Burger king and other fastfood branches do well with their kids meal that had Dreamworks and 20th century animation toys.

Each company had an issue with eachother.

Curious Constance

Was it a shock at some point about how overeating McDonald's food isn't good for kids or anyone for that matter?

Like most things in life, eating McDonald's is a sometimes affair. Don't do it everyday, but it's certainly fine to do sometimes. You can choose what you eat there, just like anywhere else. You can limit by calories, etc. It's ridiculously easy now a days since they post them everywhere. And who said you had to eat the food to get the toy? You can walk in and buy toys only if that's all you really want. It's not McDonald's or Disney's job to protect my kids from unhealthy foods. I can handle that just fine.

Phroobar

And don't get me started about how San Francisco made it a law that Happy Meals can't come with toys.
Somehow California made it a law that I have to buy grocery bags or bring my own. Now I have to deal with stores that charge me to use shopping carts? I have to bring it back into the store to get my money back.

Rich T

Somehow California made it a law that I have to buy grocery bags or bring my own. Now I have to deal with stores that charge me to use shopping carts? I have to bring it back into the store to get my money back.
And yet, hilariously, they still let you take as many plastic bags from the produce section as you like!

California is so full of well-intentioned but idiotic environmental laws like that. Our tax dollars at work.

Phroobar

And yet, hilariously, they still let you take as many plastic bags from the produce section as you like!

California is so full of well-intentioned but idiotic environmental laws like that. Our tax dollars at work.
If we could just put a wall around Sacramento and San Francisco and let that be it's own country, the state would be better off.

Rich T

Was it a shock at some point about how overeating McDonald's food isn't good for kids or anyone for that matter?

Like most things in life, eating McDonald's is a sometimes affair. Don't do it everyday, but it's certainly fine to do sometimes. You can choose what you eat there, just like anywhere else. You can limit by calories, etc. It's ridiculously easy now a days since they post them everywhere. And who said you had to eat the food to get the toy? You can walk in and buy toys only if that's all you really want. It's not McDonald's or Disney's job to protect my kids from unhealthy foods. I can handle that just fine.
Absolutely! And NOBODY goes to McDonald's expecting the world's healthiest food. Ya go to McDonald's because you're starving, there's nowhere else cheap nearby, and they're *there* and they're *open*. That's certainly the only reason I'm eating at McDonald's at the Airport at 5 in the morning scarfing down McGriddles. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom