McDonald's and Disney reuniting

Rich T

Honestly, I don't think any chain restaurant should be located inside the parks. I don't mind Starbucks coffee being sold inside the parks or if they wanted to replace their bland, cardboard pretzels with Wetzels Pretzels (please Disney), but I don't want something like Johnny Rockets at Knott's.
The only way I'd like another chain restaurant in a Disney park was if it was a CA-specific chain (In n' Out, Black Bear) and only for DCA and only if DCA is keeping the CA theme for the long run. And themed to blend in like the FF&P Starbucks.

EDIT: I have a weakness for Taco Bell, though. I wouldn't even mind Taco Bell (subtly) taking over Cocina Cucamonga.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Right, that's the real off-the-menu limit. An employee there told me they'd put up to 10 on a bun (and charge accordingly)... but, of course, that doesn't mean it ever actually happens...
They've imposed the 4-patty limit, so knuckleheads don't try to be this guy.

20060125050438458_3.jpg

Supposedly, that's a 100x100.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

"Competitive Eaters." I'd love to see them set up a booth and hand out brochures at a high school career fair! :D
lol. Actually, they actually DO have an organization called MLE (Major League Eating). They're the brains behind the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest on July 4th...and so much more.

Then there are the more "indie" food YouTubers (like the guys in the video). Guys who just film themselves in their homes eating 20,000 calorie "cheat days", etc. It's kind of inhuman how much some people can consume in a single sitting.

Last edited:

westie

OK if its got to be a burger joint then my only qualification is it has to be better than the Galactic Grill, which ain't saying much.

Californian Elitist

Right, that's the real off-the-menu limit. An employee there told me they'd put up to 10 on a bun (and charge accordingly)... but, of course, that doesn't mean it ever actually happens... or that he was telling the truth... :D

They used to go up past 10. Someone ordered a 100x100 and it was, and still is, all over the internet. Now it’s just four, for obvious reasons. Lol.

2351metalcloud

I always thought it was stupid that they severed ties with McDonald's. Dude, Star Wars Happy Meal toys? Frozen? Marvel? No brainer.

It happened a couple years after the documentary Super Size Me came out. Maybe they are worried about kids' awareness of things Disney owns and the relation of this to so many toy-specific stores closing while toy videos on the internet get many views on YouTube regardless of the closings, the future of toys at other brick-and-mortar retail locations, how much kids are watching tv compared to watching internet videos, and some similar things. I wonder if there will still be some many instances of people eating fruit in future Disney movies. That was an interesting way to have product placement in some sense (due to the relationship with Dole fruits) in many movies without it really standing out.

Curious Constance

It happened a couple years after the documentary Super Size Me came out. Maybe they are worried about kids' awareness of things Disney owns and the relation of this to so many toy-specific stores closing while toy videos on the internet get many views on YouTube regardless of the closings, the future of toys at other brick-and-mortar retail locations, how much kids are watching tv compared to watching internet videos, and some similar things. I wonder if there will still be some many instances of people eating fruit in future Disney movies. That was an interesting way to have product placement in some sense (due to the relationship with Dole fruits) in many movies without it really standing out.
I know why they changed to Subway. I just thought it was a dumb business move. Let parents chose what their kids eat and how often. Besides they didn't even offer cool toys at Subway. They were really lame.

TROR

Original Poster
Looking back, we should have been suspicious of the dude when he decided to eat Subway for breakfast , lunch, and dinner every day.
Eating nothing but McDonald's makes you lazy and impotent.
Eating nothing but Subway turns you into a pedophile?

Old Mouseketeer

How about a Black Bear restaurant in Grizzly Peak? This is a family restaurant chain all up and down Northern/Central CA. The decor consists entirely of lots and lots of large chainsaw sculptures of bears. It's awesome. And each one has substantial bear-themed gift shop. And they make great French dips!
(EDIT) Is there anywhere at all in DLR to get a French Dip and onion rings?

Dunno about onion rings, but a few years ago my nephews were impressed by the French Dip Turkey Sandwich at Flo's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom