McDonald's and Disney reuniting

Curious Constance

Somehow California made it a law that I have to buy grocery bags or bring my own. Now I have to deal with stores that charge me to use shopping carts? I have to bring it back into the store to get my money back.

You can thank everyone that steals grocery carts for that rule. I've never heard of that before though. What a pain in the butt.

Phroobar

You can thank everyone that steals grocery carts for that rule. I've never heard of that before though. What a pain in the butt.
It's more the store doesn't want to pay a kid to round up the shopping carts in the parking lot. You have come prepared with a quarter. When you return with the cart they give you back the quarter. Pretty petty if you ask me. I'm hoping that store closes.

Curious Constance

It's more the store doesn't want to pay a kid to round up the shopping carts in the parking lot. You have come prepared with a quarter. When you return with the cart they give you back the quarter. Pretty petty if you ask me. I'm hoping that store closes.

Let them keep the quarter and leave the cart outside. Do they still have cart return places outside?

Darkbeer1

It is common practice in Europe and Canada.

As for Shopping Carts, the city of Tustin has a law (as does other cities) that require something that prevents a cart from leaving the property, and why many carts wheels lock when passing a marked line on the pavement.

https://www.ocregister.com/2009/01/14/tustin-tackles-wandering-shopping-carts/

One store chain in the area has stores with high shoplifting problems equipped with special carts. If you don't take them through a checkout lane, when you exit the store, the cart will lock up at the door.

https://sableverity.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/safeways-new-high-tech-anti-theft-system-nabs-sable/

I like the cart deposit program to help keep the parking lots free of empty carts. Better than the stores that attach a pole to the cart that is taller than the doorway to prevent them from leaving the store.

But I did get back a Chuck E Cheese token once when I returned the Aldi cart... ARRRGH! (Note, during Checkout, they switch carts for a different one).

Last edited:

Rich T

Last week I was shopping at Safeway and was checking out the Easter candy display near the front door (mmmm...Peeps!). The cart wheels locked up. I was so ticked off I just left the cart of groceries there and went to another store.

Ismael Flores

I wouldn't mind Mcdonlads back at the resort only if they would consider adding to their menu some of the items that they sell around the world.

i personally hate Mcdonalds. their food is nothing i enjoy eating unless their is nothing else around but i was in a bit of a crunch in one of my trips and the only thing opened in the middle of the night in a place near Agra, India was a Mcdonalds.

i ended up buying a chicken Maharaja mac meal and aside from the super low price the food was amazingly really good. The chicken paddy was tasty with all kinds of spicies and the sauce that they used. The thing actually looked like the picture.
It was so good that after friends saw me eating it they decided to walk from hotel go pass a few delicious Indian restauarants just to try this Mahajarah Mac.

Darkbeer1

Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd that the McDonald's sign is able to flip upside down? I almost don't believe it's even a true story.

It is true, but only done at one McDonald's. But they could have easily made one from scratch, switched it overnight, and will replace it with the standard one sometime after tomorrow.

Guess I was right...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...agining-mcdonalds-logo-upside-down/404976002/

>>
The sign is outside the McDonald's in Lynwood, Calif., owned by Patricia Williams for three decades.

Williams "has since encouraged her two daughters, Kerri Harper-Howie and Nicole Enearu, to work with her. Patricia, Kerri and Nicole represent the hardworking and dedicated women we have in our system," the Oak Brook, Ill-based fast food company said, explaining why Williams' location was selected for the upside-down sign.

Six out of 10 of its restaurant managers are women, according to McDonald's.

The company built a new sign featuring the flipped golden arches for the Southern California restaurant, removed the existing sign and then installed the new one, the chain explained.

Dozens of other locations will have special packaging, including fry boxes, cold cups and bags, and the inverted Golden Arches on employees' hats and T-shirts.<<

spock8113

Ok, you want to use McD's to push your products, however........................
like the past few times, it will probably end in a messy divorce.
Didn't anyone at Disney see The Founder?
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_founder/

Opps, sorry. It's not a Disney movie and to make matters worse, it's a Weinstein Production.
See it.
Like "Blackfish", it will open your eyes to some very disturbing behavior!

Rich T

Ok, you want to use McD's to push your products, however........................
like the past few times, it will probably end in a messy divorce.
Didn't anyone at Disney see The Founder?
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_founder/

Opps, sorry. It's not a Disney movie and to make matters worse, it's a Weinstein Production.
See it.
Like "Blackfish", it will open your eyes to some very disturbing behavior!
Saw "The Founder." It put me off McDonald's for about 5 minutes. The Founder won't make any impact in future burger sales. One, it's not a very engaging movie. Two, everyone leaves the film feeling bad for the McDonald's Brothers, but you end up disliking the Ray Kroc character, not the current company. Three, look at what's happening in modern politics on any given day. A decades-old bad-show business deal is the last thing on anyone's mind.
(EDIT) This would be like those people who try to avoid any Disney products (very hard to do these days) because Walt Disney's political leanings didn't/don't match their own. Such a stance ignores all the good that's come from the company and, in the end, has no impact on the company's success.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom