McDonald's and Disney reuniting

George Lucas on a Bench

I miss the Batman cups.

I think my favorite happy meal toy was the animated Doc Brown in the DeLorean that sparked. Seem kinda unsafe for a kid's toy. I got it around the time Universal Studios in Florida first opened, so I originally misremembered it as a silvenir.

s-l400.jpg

D.Silentu

I remember going to DCA for the first time and seeing "Burger Invasion." Looking at the prices, I was so taken aback by the inflation on items that were for sale just steps away from the park. Wasn't worth it to me then and I can't see any future facility changing that. It seems like there's an AP counter culture that pounces on every new food item at the park. I'd be amused to see them blogging about eating big macs at Disneyland.

Last edited:

SSG

Perhaps this won't mean much in the long run, but Disney and McDonald's are reuniting since their previous partnership ended in 2006. Not only does this mean Disney toys are coming back to Happy Meals, which I think is wonderful, but it could mean new locations in the parks again. Not too long ago, on the Permitsthread, there was one reported that had been filed regarding McDonald's in Downtown Disney. With this news today, it seems very possible that we will be getting a location there.

Full story here: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/27/mcd...ded-happy-meals-after-more-than-a-decade.html
I just checked the permit filing and its had approval from most departments but it looks like fire and public works haven't signed off yet.

Rich T

I've never had either of those.
The reasonto try In n' Out is for the friendly, energetic service (they're paid well) and the fun decor. All the food is never-been-frozen fresh, but it tastes kinda bland. Good shakes. Fun not-on-the-menu items like burgers for your dog, a great grilled cheese, and up to 10 patties stacked on a bun.

Rich T

How about a Black Bear restaurant in Grizzly Peak? This is a family restaurant chain all up and down Northern/Central CA. The decor consists entirely of lots and lots of large chainsaw sculptures of bears. It's awesome. And each one has substantial bear-themed gift shop. And they make great French dips!
(EDIT) Is there anywhere at all in DLR to get a French Dip and onion rings?

Last edited:

TROR

Original Poster
Honestly, I don't think any chain restaurant should be located inside the parks. I don't mind Starbucks coffee being sold inside the parks or if they wanted to replace their bland, cardboard pretzels with Wetzels Pretzels (please Disney), but I don't want something like Johnny Rockets at Knott's.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

How about a Black Bear restaurant in Grizzly Peak? This is a family restaurant chain all up and down Northern/Central CA. The decor consists entirely of lots and lots of large chainsaw sculptures of bears. It's awesome. And each one has substantial bear-themed gift shop. And they make great French dips!
(EDIT) Is there anywhere at all in DLR to get a French Dip and onion rings?
They're FINALLY opening a Black Bear diner where I live. Was in development hell for almost 2 years.
I'd support this.

Californian Elitist

The reasonto try In n' Out is for the friendly, energetic service (they're paid well) and the fun decor. All the food is never-been-frozen fresh, but it tastes kinda bland. Good shakes. Fun not-on-the-menu items like burgers for your dog, a great grilled cheese, and up to 10 patties stacked on a bun.

Up to four patties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom