May I vent??

cmatt

I want to say to the topic creator that you were really nasty to that person and shouldnt have been. Why werte you offended that she asked why you got a season pass if you only go once? What is so bad about asking that question?

I think you were nasty to that person and shouldnt have been. I hope all disney fans are not like that.

sometimes on this site you do wonder... :zipit:

I totally agree with the OP on this! The part that gets MY goat is when people say: "How can you afford it?"!! Well the way that I can afford to go to WDW once or twice a year is that:

1) I am single.
2) I don't have a car. I take the Bus to work!!(saves lots of money):D
3) I plan my WDW trips "meticulously"!!
4) Did I mention I plan my trips!!:drevil:

I also have a Brother that goes to Vegas EVERY year, but that is HIS cup of tea!! Mine is The Mad Tea Party!! To each his/her own!!

mgraef

But guess what? Overall, we both spent the same amount of money!:ROFLOL: The reason was that my friend spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars :eek: on souvenirs (that she can't afford), and we didn't. While I could never leave Disney without some momentos, I'm fine with a T-shirt, or a hat, and I don't need to go crazy like she did. It adds up and it totally made the difference, allowing us to stay longer, and at a nicer hotel, than she did.

~Sue

Could that be why she stayed at the value - to afford the extras?

mgraef

Its me the original topic creator...I was not at all nasty to my client when she asked me...and AS far as going to dIsney, I go at least twice a year so the AP (NOT season pass) works for us...And that I'm not a disney fan....whoa buddy , I guess going twice , three times a year is not a fan, being a DVC club member and AP holder is not a fan....my whole house is disney themed but I'm not a fan , listening to disney resort music such as , resort tv ,theme park music, monorail speals counts me not as a fan? Going On WDWMAGIC quite a few times a day , but I'm not a fan? you basicallly described a good majority of the "disney Fans " here....or maybe we're not, according to you!!!

Hey Dixiegirl - off topic, how has the switch to SSR from PO (or Dixie Landings) been? I just bought in and have not stayed there yet but I loved POFQ. Peace. mg

eagles

i am married to one of them! after 14 yrs of knowing and 11 yrs of being married to him, you would think he would get it by now!

now i don't get to go as often as i would like to but, geeeeeez dear

Instead of getting mad at people who give you a hard time for going to Disney so often, just do what I do... pity them. :lol: Obviously they don't know what Disney magic is or that it even exists. Think about it, if they could receive just a small taste of the happiness you get from going there then they wouldn't be giving you such a hard time. Also, if there weren't so many ignorant people when it comes to Disney and the whole world got swept up in the magic, WDW would be too crowded for any of us to go anymore! lol

Heatherbell

Hey! Congrats on your hard work! My hat is sooo off to you. I've contemplated and put off school for a long time because I have kids, etc. Stories like yours encourage me and get me to thinking I really ought to get off my lazy duff and just do it! Kuddos to you!

I feel ya! Last week my cousin and his wife presented me with the opportunity to join them for their (possible) trip next month to WDW with them and my Gramma. They know if would mean the world to me to have the chance to be in the world with my Gramma at least one last time (she is more and more physically unable to make that sort of trip). I am completely guilt-ridden over the prospect of going to 'The World' without my hubby or sons. It would be impossible to for the DH to take off work or the kids to take off school since we're already slated for our big trip in December. Plus, if I go I will be at WDW without the DH on our 14th wedding anniversary. DH is still insistant that if there's a chance to go he would wants me to do it more than anything. I guess he knows how much it means to me along with all the regrets I have for missing so many opportunities at quality time before my Grampa passed. I just feel like such a heeeeeeel. So I can totally sympathize on the guilt. :)

Have fun on a much-deserved fun-tastic celebration of your accomplishments, dedication, and teamwork!

Aww thanks! :wave:

majortom1981

hmm

Its me the original topic creator...I was not at all nasty to my client when she asked me...and AS far as going to dIsney, I go at least twice a year so the AP (NOT season pass) works for us...And that I'm not a disney fan....whoa buddy , I guess going twice , three times a year is not a fan, being a DVC club member and AP holder is not a fan....my whole house is disney themed but I'm not a fan , listening to disney resort music such as , resort tv ,theme park music, monorail speals counts me not as a fan? Going On WDWMAGIC quite a few times a day , but I'm not a fan? you basicallly described a good majority of the "disney Fans " here....or maybe we're not, according to you!!!

Please read what I posted again. i never said that you weren't a fan. I said " I hope not all disney fans are not like that". Are you so EAGER to be nasty to me that you make up things that I said?

DixieGirl,

I know what you mean about having to be nice to clients and others who look down on our "Disney Obsessions" on the outside, and be seething on the inside.

My cousin Jeff (the equivelent of Jack on Will and Grace with a little less drama) ONLY goes to NYC on vacations. He goes to see as many Broadway musicals as he can. He's moving there next summer, and Bernadette Peters now knows him by name. No, I'm not kidding. ANYWAYS...

They'd only been to Disney when he was 7, so at 21, he was all, "I've done it, no big deal, let's go to NYC." Well I didn't listen and planned a Disney trip for us instead. Well he had fun the first night at the hotel, swimming, shopping and eating at DTD, etc. But was still like, "you could do this in NYC."

However, next morning at MK, we watched the Welcome Show and when he saw the castle, he hugged Minnie Mouse, then ran down Main Street (still not kidding) and did a heel click mid air. It was HYSTERICAL. And he's been obsessed eversince. I feel as though my job is complete.:animwink:

Bug715

This is about the original post even though the convo may have gotten a bit changed:

I work at the Disney store so I've heard some interesting things. The day our ticket prices changed a guest called and said that he had seen on TV that ticket prices had changed. I said yes ours just changed today. He went on to ask me if he could buy them at the old price still. I said no that we were the last place to change our prices. Its amazing did he think that since he was the first caller he'd get a discount?

Also we have people call for tickets to EPCOT. I then say EPCOT is one of the for parks at Disney World. Sometimes people are just calling about a one day ticket which we don't sell or just call all of Disney World EPCOT.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Hey Dixiegirl - off topic, how has the switch to SSR from PO (or Dixie Landings) been? I just bought in and have not stayed there yet but I loved POFQ. Peace. mg

Well we've only stayed there once , for a short trip in Dec and it was very nice, CM's were great, I loved where our room was located(which they asked us where we would like to stay) but we had a great view of downtown disney ,pools are nice as well...Very different than POR, which to us has been home for the past 12 years...So the change will take getting use to..We've been there so many times we can tell when new shrubs or grass are put in.....pretty sad...and I'll miss piano man bob at POR. But over all its nice....we'll definatly be able to go more ...

See now you know "The Secret".......:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom