Matterhorn and Pinocchio getting refurbished starting July 30th, 2018

dweezil78

The shortening of the Tiki Room isn't nearly even a quarter as offensive as the damage they've done to the Country Bears in Florida. They botched that show so horribly. Such a disgrace.

Eh, it's not as bad as I thought it'd be.. And I also know my kid barely has the patience to sit through the show in its current form, so I'm kinda thankful they axed some of it. I initially thought they really screwed up the ending, but I went back and rewatched the way it used to be and was surprised to see it'd always been so abrupt like that.

TROR

Eh, it's not as bad as I thought it'd be.. And I also know my kid barely has the patience to sit through the show in its current form, so I'm kinda thankful they axed some of it. I initially thought they really screwed up the ending, but I went back and rewatched the way it used to be and was surprised to see it'd always been so abrupt like that.
Nah it's completely botched. A ton of the humor and personality is gone.

TROR

Wasn't that basically the rock-a-fire explosion?
(I would say isn't, but we all know what happened to the rock-a-fire)
Yeah but rock-a-fire didn't have beautifully designed Marc Davis bears, great music sung by real artists, witty dialogue, and wasn't inside a highly themed, elegant saloon. Combining Country Bear Jamboree and the Mile Long Bar into one location would keep interest in the Country Bear Jamboree alive as well as offer a nice dining location to complement the Golden Horseshoe across the esplanade. The only problem I would have with this is people talking during the show.

dweezil78

Wasn't that basically the rock-a-fire explosion?
(I would say isn't, but we all know what happened to the rock-a-fire)

Rock-A-Fire and about a hundred other clone AA restaurant shows throughout the 80s! ShowbizPizza.com has a good archive of a lot of them, I love that stuff.

Growing up in South FL in the 80s, these things were everrrywhere. Loved going to them, it's sad they are all gone now and all that's left is awful Chuck E Cheese.

SuddenStorm

Here's my hottest take of ever: I don't think the Tiki Room is that good. If it wasn't such an incredibly historic attraction I wouldn't be opposed to either a restructure of the show or have it removed for something better. But like I said, it's incredibly historic so if they ever even touch it I'll be enraged.

I feel this way about Lincoln, but I actually really enjoy the Tiki Room.

VJ

The shortening of the Tiki Room isn't nearly even a quarter as offensive as the damage they've done to the Country Bears in Florida. They botched that show so horribly. Such a disgrace.
Or the butchering they did to the already-shortened Enchanted Tiki Room for its return to Florida..

SuddenStorm

If it's not approved by Marc Davis, Claude Coats, or any of the other major artists who worked on those attractions, I can't support any change to them.

So basically, since those men are both dead, no change to the attraction is acceptable? That's a notion I can support.

It also hits on an interesting point- most of the creative leads for BTMRR, Splash Mountain, and other classic attractions are no longer with the company. Which is a shame, since they're the only ones who can actually understand everything about the ride creatively and what should be changed.

I'd love for them to bring Tony back to enhance and spruce up Splash Mountain for example.

smile

Those shows originally ran too long anyway. Guests don't have the time in between Fastpass reservations to be sitting around watching ridiculous crudely animated robotic birds and bears perform musical numbers.

is that plush going to purchase itself why you sit there watching an old man's dead idea of entertainment?

i think not

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom