Matterhorn and Pinocchio getting refurbished starting July 30th, 2018

TROR

I'd always heard the Main St. train station was and that's why there was no ramp for disabled access -- but I actually can't find any proof of this online anywhere. It is not listed on the CA historical landmark site either. Wonder what the real story is...
Isn't there an elevator?

mickEblu

Oh no? Did you ever visit EPCOT Center between 1982-1999?

Good point. But POTC and HM are Fantasy/ Aventure themed and do not go out of style. Regardless, my point still stands. Even if the current boneheads were to get rid of POTC/ HM it wouldn’t change the fact that they were built to last a very long time.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I don't think the point of the Tiki Room is to be "wowed" as much as its a fun and low-stress diversion from the hot so-cal days. Not to mention, the song is catchy and kids eat it up along with their nostalgic parents.

Case and point, on its anniversary on Saturday I had to pay it a visit. I don't think I stopped smiling the whole time and looked around the room to find out I wasn't the only one.

From every conceivable angle, its a home-run.

dweezil78

Good point. But POTC and HM are Fantasy/ Aventure themed and do not go out of style.

You try telling that to poor Dreamfinder!!! World of Motion was also primarily a look at history with just a tiny little bit set in the future at the very end. Huge elaborate show scenes reminiscent of POTC.

mickEblu

You try telling that to poor Dreamfinder!!! World of Motion was also primarily a look at history with just a tiny little bit set in the future at the very end. Huge elaborate show scenes reminiscent of POTC.

I’ve never been in person but judging from the ride through on you tube it seemed like a far cry from the quality and mass appeal of POTC And HM. Regardless, my point still stands. Even if the current boneheads were to get rid of POTC/ HM it wouldn’t change the fact that they were built to last a very long time.

D

Deleted member 107043

What are you talking about? The new cars may be a little uncomfortable, but not by a lot and many people are happy to have individual seats vs the old lap sitting.

The updates a few yrs ago with new Harolds, lifthill/scenes, and audio were very well received except for some fans who accused them of ‘pandering’ by putting in some old ride vehicles. The experience is far more exciting now with the amped up audio that makes it seem like you’re being chased and the better AAs. Way better than it was IMO!

For sure, and I honestly didn't notice the ride being any rougher.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

SSE anyone??? Everyone jumps on FW's case for being "unable to sustain its future-looking" etc. but many (and I can't blame them if they never visited) fail to realize just how much past history was in focus for many of the attractions.

D

Deleted member 107043

Even if the current boneheads were to get rid of POTC/ HM it wouldn’t change the fact that they were built to last a very long time.

They were, but I don't think that anything at DL is intended to stay the same forever, including POTC and the HM.

mickEblu

I don't think the point of the Tiki Room is to be "wowed" as much as its a fun and low-stress diversion from the hot so-cal days. Not to mention, the song is catchy and kids eat it up along with their nostalgic parents.

Case and point, on its anniversary on Saturday I had to pay it a visit. I don't think I stopped smiling the whole time and looked around the room to find out I wasn't the only one.

From every conceivable angle, its a home-run.

I agree mostly but I don’t think it’s a home run. I think they could ax the “let’s all sing like the birdies” song or at least shorten it.

mickEblu

They were, but I don't think that anything at DL is intended to stay the same forever, including POTC and the HM.

I think they re that good. That they can and should stay (mostly) the same forever. Technical upgrades that stay in line with the spirit of the attraction are welcome by me. Also I don’t think anyone would complain if they replaced Constance at the HM with a new and improved version of the older one.

Last edited:

dweezil78

I agree mostly but I don’t think it’s a home run. I think they could ax the “let’s all sing like the birdies” song or at least shorten it.

They already did shorten it for the 2005 refurb -- 'Let's All Sing Like the Birdies' used to be longer (there was more whistling) and they also took out a verse from the main opening theme and completely removed the second song which was an Offenbach instrumental.

mickEblu

They already did shorten it for the 2005 refurb -- 'Let's All Sing Like the Birdies' used to be longer (there was more whistling) and they also took out a verse from the main opening theme and completely removed the second song which was an Offenbach instrumental.

I know. That part just drags for me though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom