Matterhorn and Pinocchio getting refurbished starting July 30th, 2018

mikenatcity1

According to DL's website, during my visit in September (19-23), it only shows Tiki Room, Mark Twain and Matterhorn down- it doesn't show Pinocchio. Can anyone confirm if we can expect Pinocchio to be down at that time?

TROR

According to DL's website, during my visit in September (19-23), it only shows Tiki Room, Mark Twain and Matterhorn down- it doesn't show Pinocchio. Can anyone confirm if we can expect Pinocchio to be down at that time?
Pinocchio already reopened. It was only down for a couple of days.

Cousin Huet

Original Poster
This is about the time when rides of that caliber are refurbished because of Labor Day and the holidays.

I’m aware of that but I just feel like they have gotten increasingly more vague with their information regarding down times as I feel like it shouldn’t be too hard to narrow it down to a 15-30 day window vs a whole quarter of the year.

When we started coming out West we loved it but they seem to be much slicker with their practices these days. I can get online and figure out to the dollar what my military discount will be in Orlando.....in Anaheim it’s a game.....you figure it out and then get on the phone and they do all kinds of talking to explain how they got to the final price....which is often really close to their website price and never even remotely close to 30/35/40% off. We’ll see how they do this trip as they have certainly been heading the wrong direction over the last decade. Hoping for the best as being out there always has a special feel I can’t describe compared to Orlando.

k_peek_2000

Hearing that Haunted Mansion will not return after HMH. We'll be getting a new queue experience in time for the ride's 50th and Galaxy's Edge (supposedly).

BlackCauldron

Has there been any chatter on when Matterhorn is expected to re-open, beyond the vague "Fall 2018" date they have provided? I haven't seen much posted anywhere discussing the size or scope of the project.

Sharon&Susan

Hearing that Haunted Mansion will not return after HMH. We'll be getting a new queue experience in time for the ride's 50th and Galaxy's Edge (supposedly).
Did you get it from that’s guy who tells everyone that Universal will just give the theme park rights for Marvel to Disney or the guy who told me that the Mark Twain will be permanently docked and be turned into a Jar Jar Binks themed restaurant?

k_peek_2000

So, generally speaking, how good's your source?

Source is usually on point about 85% of the time. That could also be due to plans changing for various projects. Like I said, it could be completely fabricated. I don't know. But the way it was described made it seem like it was likely.

I haven’t heard anything, but that queue needs Jesus. It constantly fills NOS since FP was added and it’s a pain.

That said I’d rather them FIX THE RIDE. HM has been in terrible show condition for years now.

As long as HMH exists, the ride will never look 100% -_-

mickEblu

Let me rephrase that. HM will return (obviously), but not in Jan. It'll open with a reworked queue that may have a new crypt-like area. Take it with a grain of salt. I honestly dont care if anyone doesn't believe me lol.

Unless we re going under the railroad tracks and through the berm to some backstage area and back to the existing outdoor Q i want nothing to do with this. Well either way I want nothing to do with it really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom