Massive guest room refurbishment project of several Disney resorts begins this summer

miles1

Steve, did your source indicate it this has been planned for a long time? I was just wondering if it was a recent decision- maybe they expect reduced attendance and decided it would be good time to take rooms (or a whole resort) off-line like they did after 9/11?

Just Plain Mark

I'm curious to see what style direction they go. I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of many of the hotel room interiors. Contemporary's new look is really nice, although not very "Disney" specific. The Polynesian's new rooms don't look bad either.

But many of the rooms, even the Grand Floridian, just have too much going on with the wallpaper and the comforters, for my taste at least.

Buried20KLeague

Steve, did your source indicate it this has been planned for a long time? I was just wondering if it was a recent decision- maybe they expect reduced attendance and decided it would be good time to take rooms (or a whole resort) off-line like they did after 9/11?

I wonder the same thing... If maybe they're seeing a dip in occupancy rates, and are thinking it would be a good time to get this done. Or maybe a projected dip in occupance rates. ?? :shrug:

If that were the case, it wouldn't exactly show fear to spend money on the resort in this economy (going back to the whole Kevin Yee thread)...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I too am wondering if this is an indication that occupancy rates or projected occupancy rates are down and they are using that to do some room refurbishment. Either way, I think it's a good thing, and something most don't think about (rooms need TLC too!).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does this really mean anything for my family staying at CBR in early August?
Probably not - remembering the main pool is probably still under rehab.

It`ll just mean a particular village / group of buildings is not available to stay in. They do this every 5 or so years. Imagine the throughput of guests the rooms must take a hammering. I have to say the CBR looked good last October (when they were just completing the landscape rehab) - our room in Aruba was fine. We go to CBR again in 3 weeks; I`ll report anything of note if there is anything.

Rob562

Are the resorts you name the only resorts being refurbished, or will there be more. I think it'd be nice to see Port Orleans to get refurbished soon, esp FQ. It was just really dirty and dingy last time we stayed there about 6 mos ago.

Well, Riverside just went through a phased refurb of all the rooms a couple years ago. I know it was ongoing when we were there in 2004.

As for French Quarter, it was completely overhauled in 2002 during the full hotel closure mentioned in the Yee article.

-Rob

comics101

Well, Riverside just went through a phased refurb of all the rooms a couple years ago. I know it was ongoing when we were there in 2004.

As for French Quarter, it was completely overhauled in 2002 during the full hotel closure mentioned in the Yee article.

-Rob

Ok. Then they really need to touch it up imo. Thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

It has been planned for some time. Some of those properties are in real need of it, so it's good news! :)

MKCP 1985

indeed, this is great news! nothing says quality and value like new furnishings in the rooms and with the recent price increases, it is good to see some of that money going back into upgrading the rooms. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom